rushmc

Respecting the Election Results

So, after the uproar about Trump's comments about not respecting the election results, is funny as hell considering what we are seeing going on in the u.s. today. Violence, disrespect and pure stupidity on display
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I personally think that is sad about the protests. Yes, some people have the right to be upset since they may have invested time and energy into a candidate but after the initial loss is felt you need to dust your self off and figure out how to do better the next time since there will always be a next time. The solution is not to protest the results but you can use this time to organize community groups to figure out how to learn the lessons needed and to get involved in creating the change that you were hoping for but on a local level.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

I personally think that is sad about the protests. Yes, some people have the right to be upset since they may have invested time and energy into a candidate but after the initial loss is felt you need to dust your self off and figure out how to do better the next time since there will always be a next time. The solution is not to protest the results but you can use this time to organize community groups to figure out how to learn the lessons needed and to get involved in creating the change that you were hoping for but on a local level.

100% agree
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

So, after the uproar about Trump's comments about not respecting the election results

I think Trump's comments were more about not respecting the actual vote count, i.e. "the election is rigged." The protesters today do respect the count (they acknowledge he won), just not the man who the count was in favor of (they "refuse" him as a leader, which of course is not going to amount to anything).

But, I agree that the protests aren't really helping anybody.

However, more amusing by far is that just 4 years ago, Trump asked for a revolution (which, taken literally, is immensely worse than a protest) over the same exact conditions that led to his win this year.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

rushmc

So, after the uproar about Trump's comments about not respecting the election results, is funny as hell considering what we are seeing going on in the u.s. today. Violence, disrespect and pure stupidity on display

Respecting the election results? Do you remember what was happening about eight years ago? The top GOP convened an emergency meeting to make a vow to distrupt the new president at every turn. And they did. So just remember, how President Obama has handled this, he has more class and dignity then the GOP could ever dream of having.

And so a couple of college kids are protesting, BFD. When Trump thought he was going to loose, he was on the dog whistle summoning up the wanna be Timothy McVeighs of the country.

The oreo that is Wisconsin's Milwaukee County sheriff posted a tweet on 10/15/16 calling for popular revolt along with a picture of angry professionals wielding clubs and torches. His name is David A. Clarke. The tweet reads -

“It's incredible that our institutions of gov, WH, Congress, DOJ, and big media are corrupt & all we do is bitch,” Clarke wrote. “Pitchforks and torches time.”

It has been reported that he is a possible candidate for DHS secretary.

I hope he makes it. The USA deserves to suffer greatly for the heinous mistake that the ignorant masses have made.

With regard to the protests that are going on. I am not surprised that progressives are out in public, doing damage and risking their freedom. The cowards that are the Reich wingers would never put themselves at risk that way to express their feelings about the rigged election that occurred. They are far too cowardly.

jakee

The oreo that is...

Are you fucking kidding me?:S

Not at all. Niggers that suck Trump's dick like this one does are known as oreos. That would be black on the outside, white on the inside.

It is s new era where political correctness and civility are dead. That is what the fucktards voted for. That is what they will get.

Happy times are here again. MAKE AMERICA GREAT!! Just like it was before the niggers stopped being segregated and no longer subject to Jim Crow laws. That is what was voted in by this election.

Isn't it GREAT! YEEHAW!

It is s new era where political correctness and civility are dead. That is what the fucktards voted for. That is what they will get.

Bullshit. You've used that phrase here before, so don't blame anyone else for your racial stereotyping.:S

Black people are not a homogenous group. Expecting or demanding a black person to vote, or act in public office, solely for candidates and policies which most benefit other black people is as ridiculous and racist as a lot of the spewings of the Trump campaigns Alt-Right followers.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Bullshit. You've used that phrase here before, so don't blame anyone else for your racial stereotyping.:S

Black people are not a homogenous group. Expecting or demanding a black person to vote, or act in public office, solely for candidates and policies which most benefit other black people is as ridiculous and racist as a lot of the spewings of the Trump campaigns Alt-Right followers.

:D:D f****** hilarious. Talk about stereotyping
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

:D:D f****** hilarious. Talk about stereotypingWhat part of jakee's post was stereotyping?

Don

Well, for county, if his is racially pure, then it probably was overwhelmingly for Trump. Or at least his town.

I worked the election; our precinct definitely was overwhelmingly for Clinton. I saw the totals. Most of the county went for her, too; it was notable that three towns didn't. By overwhelmingly, I think it was something like 80:20 in our precinct.

But individual towns are communities, not the country.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

How did your county vote? Mine, naturally, was an overwhelming choice for Trump.

My county went pretty strongly (2/3) for Trump. Of course, it is an agricultural county with no cities or even very large towns, it is mostly white, and in my experience the Republicans could nominate a dead opossum to run and it would beat any possible opponent. I suppose life is easier if you don't actually have to bother finding out about what the candidates stand for, and just vote based on the R or D after their name.

I wonder why judges, sheriffs, even the county coroner run as Republicans or Democrats? Shouldn't these jobs be non-political?

Don

yoink

***How did your county vote? Mine, naturally, was an overwhelming choice for Trump.

I'm not sure you know what 'overwhelming' means... :|He asked about county not country. There are counties in Georgia that voted over 88% for Trump. The vote would have been about the same had the Republicans been running a dead armadillo for office, against George Washington for the Democrats. If the Democrats could dig up Robert E. Lee and put him on the ballot, they might have a chance.

Don

GeorgiaDon

***How did your county vote? Mine, naturally, was an overwhelming choice for Trump.

My county went pretty strongly (2/3) for Trump. Of course, it is an agricultural county with no cities or even very large towns, it is mostly white, and in my experience the Republicans could nominate a dead opossum to run and it would beat any possible opponent. I suppose life is easier if you don't actually have to bother finding out about what the candidates stand for, and just vote based on the R or D after their name.

I wonder why judges, sheriffs, even the county coroner run as Republicans or Democrats? Shouldn't these jobs be non-political?

Don

I was a poll manager up here and tried to catch the small talk from the voters. The conversations I heard were personal and anti-Hillary. I only noticed one voter who was expressing a desire for a Democrat Party ballot. Of course, there wasn't one.

I agree, local offices need not be partisan. Up here they are personal choices usually based on first hand knowledge of the individual.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

yoink

You're right. I completely misread that.

Ron, I apologise. That's what I get for posting before my morning coffee.

No sweat, you actually motivated me to check the definition.:D
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I agree, local offices need not be partisan. Up here they are personal choices usually based on first hand knowledge of the individual.

I chose to ignore the party affiliation for these positions. I ended up voting for several people who identified as Republicans because I was impressed with their positions on issues, because they are incumbents who seem to be doing a good job, or because their opponents are incumbents doing a crap job.

Don