rushmc

President Trump?

yoink

It's looking like it.

Jesus. How bad must a candidate be to lose to a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic conman?

America, you should be embarrassed that these are the best your country has to offer. [:/]

Because he is none of those things. Neither was Romney, neither was Reagan, neither was Bush, how far do you want to go back?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

It's looking like it.

Jesus. How bad must a candidate be to lose to a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic conman?

America, you should be embarrassed that these are the best your country has to offer. [:/]

Also, she is the most flawed and corrupt candidate ever put up by any party.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***It's looking like it.

Also, she is the most flawed and corrupt candidate ever put up by any party.

AgreedB|
Muff #5048

Iago

I'm rather surprised myself.

Clinton supposedly had all the big key States locked up. I was thinking she'd be over 300 with Trump a few points ahead in the overall popular vote.

In the end it matters who shows up at the voting booth, not who answers a telephone poll.

re: the voting vs polling: It is sorta like the Bradley effect.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room when Obama hands over the keys to Airforce One. And the codes. Do you think he will have some friendly words of advice?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rushmc

One thing to remember, it's not over yet

What it does show is how unhappy a serious number of Americans are with the status quo. That divide is a fundamental issue that the government is going to need to address over the next several decades, A divided country is good for none of us.

yoink

***One thing to remember, it's not over yet

What it does show is how unhappy a serious number of Americans are with the status quo. That divide is a fundamental issue that the government is going to need to address over the next several decades, A divided country is good for none of us.

The politics of this country has never been set up to be conciliatory or filled with compromise. It is a full-contact sport where there are winners and losers. That's the way it was intended to be and that's the way it should be
Abraham Lincoln

headoverheels

***I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room when Obama hands over the keys to Airforce One. And the codes. Do you think he will have some friendly words of advice?

He might say "prove me wrong."

The election already has...
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room when Obama hands over the keys to Airforce One. And the codes. Do you think he will have some friendly words of advice?

He might say "prove me wrong."

The election already has...

That is, prove him wrong about his opinion that Trump is unfit to govern.

rushmc

******One thing to remember, it's not over yet

The politics of this country has never been set up to be conciliatory or filled with compromise. It is a full-contact sport where there are winners and losers. That's the way it was intended to be and that's the way it should be

I'm not talking about politics or how the system works. The system HAS worked but now you need to interpret the results. You can look at it simplisticaly (RED WINS!), or you can look at it in detail (Red wins by 20 votes out of 300 million) - you see how those are different, right?

I'm talking about general opinion and the way people work. If literally HALF of a population feels disenfranchised (or more - thanks electoral college!) then that is not good for the country. A certain amount of friction is to be expected, but equally opposed forces are inherently unstable in nature and should be avoided.

Unless you'd like us to be a military dictatorship, of course? In that case you're absolutely right. Opposing opinions should be crushed absolutely.

Unless you'd like us to be a military dictatorship, of course? In that case you're absolutely right. Opposing opinions should be crushed absolutely.

Trump vs Ryan. It will be epic.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Wow the average American is obviously dumber and more racist than I thought.

This is going to be an interesting ride, having a nut case as a world figurehead.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

nigel99

Wow the average American is obviously dumber and more racist than I thought.

The arrogance of the progressives strikes again, like clock work. ROFLMAO

This victory for Trump wasn't about race. That is the typical bullshit narrative progressives continue to play. People of all races voted for Trump. It wasn't a White vote you fool. The result of this election was about standing up against the "Pay to play" corruption of the Clinton's, and standing up to the dirty and dishonest tactics of the DNC as exposed by Wikileaks and Project Veritas. Finally this election result was about standing up to the Consensus Mainstream Media and telling them, enough of the bias crap. It was hilarious to see so called journalists from the MSM breaking out into tears, on air. What a fucking joke.

Oh and the best news of whole night is that the USA and Russia won't be going to war anytime soon.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

mistercwood

We're not mad. We're just really, really disappointed.

Speak for youself please, i would have been disappointed either way.

Im gonna see it from the only positive way i can, which is that this might send a signal to politicians and polotics in the US and maybe even elsewhere to start dealing with shit in a different way. It will be like one of those storys that you tell your children - "Just look what happend to the US, we dont want a Hillary vs Trump situation"

rushmc

Look at past history dude. It's the same Playbook. Every year, ever candidate.

Sure every candidate gets criticized (didn't you just say politics was supposed to be full contact?), just like you criticize every democrat, and say every one of them is corrupt.

But Trump is different. Which other Republican candidate got dumped by a significant portion of his own party's elected representatives? Which other Republican candidate got dumped by newspapers that had endorsed Republican since early last century? Which other candidate had a fraud trial scheduled inbetween election and inauguration? Which one boasted on tape about committing a string of sexual assaults? Had to settle racial discrimination suits? He is different.

But whatever, it doesn't matter anymore. From the outside though it's going to be funny watching the reactions from all the Trump supporters once the broken promises start rolling in.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?