nigel99

Civil war if Hillary wins?

rushmc

Debate: When asked, Trump flat out refused to state that he would accept the result of the election if he loses.

Actually, this is your (and the media) spin on it.

Did you even watch the debate?

I didn't need "spin" to hear with my own ears how Mr. Trump responded to that direct question repeatedly from the moderator.

Yes
I did watch it.

I refuse to accept your view on what he said.
You refuse to accept my view on what he said.

I don't have a "view" of what he said. They were his words, from his own mouth.

Perhaps you were having a bathroom break? Here's his reply;

https://youtu.be/8dc3mUtpU44?t=5069

(Starts at the appropriate time)

For the record AGAIN, as a foreigner, I have no say nor vote in your election. As such, I don't give a rats-ass about whether the spin is to the right or to the left.

I watched it live.

I guess the subtitles were off, because clearly you didn't hear what Trump said. Or maybe English isn't your first language.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

Debate: When asked, Trump flat out refused to state that he would accept the result of the election if he loses.

Pretty despicable, IMO.

So I guess Al Gore was despicable too.....

Gore was very gracious.

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4821338#4821338

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

aphid

For the record AGAIN, as a foreigner, I have no say nor vote in your election. As such, I don't give a rats-ass about whether the spin is to the right or to the left.

And for someone who does not give a rats ass you sure post about our election a bunch......

Pardon me for offering up the video to confirm the candidates own words.

Kindly allow me to repeat: I don't give a rats-ass about the spin. Reading may be fundamental, but comprehension can be critical.

Even up here in the third world called Canada it is impossible to escape the inundation of American media, representing both the right and the left.

I stand dutifully admonished, Marc. In the future, I'll try to further reduce my (actually quite few, I checked) specific US election posts.

Again, I saw it live.
And I don't care if you post or not about US elections and politics. It is an open site.

But don't try and set your self up a having no biases. That will not fly.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

Did you even watch the debate?

I didn't need "spin" to hear with my own ears how Mr. Trump responded to that direct question repeatedly from the moderator.

Yes
I did watch it.

I refuse to accept your view on what he said.
You refuse to accept my view on what he said.

I don't have a "view" of what he said. They were his words, from his own mouth.

Perhaps you were having a bathroom break? Here's his reply;

https://youtu.be/8dc3mUtpU44?t=5069

(Starts at the appropriate time)

I watched it live.

I guess the subtitles were off, because clearly you didn't hear what Trump said. Or maybe English isn't your first language.

I heard him just fine.
He will wait and see.

But you have to take the media spin. After all, that is how Hillary controls your thoughts.
Abraham Lincoln

IMO:

HRC's airplane is painted in UN colors not Red, White and Blue. She is uniting with the one world government, open borders and gun confiscation.

America became a great county because we trusted in God, promoted the individual and liberty, the right to own property and protected our borders.

Borders - Language - Culture

HRC will sell it away for personal power and financial gain.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

DanG

Oh shit, you're right!

Of course, if a plane's color is an indication of the mindset of the occupant, the US give in to the UN many years ago.

Hint: what color is Air Force One?

Good One! They appear to be the same shade of blue. I thought AF 1 was a darker shade of blue.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

America became a great county because we trusted in God, promoted the individual and liberty, the right to own property and protected our borders.

You are confusing American culture with Georgia hill white culture. America is a big place, with a lot of different cultures. That's why your tribe can't get a white man elected POTUS anymore. The only way a white man is ever going to President again is if both parties nominate one. So you best bet is to join and work with the Democrats. Bring back the dixiecrat days. That is what you really are longing for.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

IMO:

...America became a great county because we trusted in God, promoted the individual and liberty, the right to own property and protected our borders...

You mean like allowing pretty much unlimited immigration for the first hundred plus years?
Those borders were pretty "well protected."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

gowlerk

You are confusing American culture with Georgia hill white culture. America is a big place, with a lot of different cultures. That's why your tribe can't get a white man elected POTUS anymore. The only way a white man is ever going to President again is if both parties nominate one. So you best bet is to join and work with the Democrats. Bring back the dixiecrat days. That is what you really are longing for.
Here's an interesting timeline of US immigration law. It would seem Ron and his compatriots would like to turn the clock back to about 1843:

"The American Republican party is formed in New York (it later becomes known as the Native American party) by citizens opposed to the increased number of immigrants in the U.S. The nativists, or members of the Know-Nothing Movement, seek to permit only native-born Americans to run for office and try to raise the residency requirement to 25 years."

"members of the Know-Nothing movement..." How delicious! :D Apparently nothing has changed for some people in over 170 years.

It's also interesting how blatantly racist US immigration policy was for most of its history.

Don

gowlerk

You indicating here that you have any idea about American culture is f****** hilarious
Abraham Lincoln

While I agree with much of what you say, I think your analysis has some flaws.

The electoral collage generally ends up acting like an amplifier. It tends to make small wins appear like mandates.

As of this moment 538 has the national popular as;
Clinton 49.7%
Trump 43.2%

A 6.5% lead by Clinton.

While that's a reasonably significant lead, I think the average person (or below average person) might think it's still winnable by Trump.

Conversely, look at how that's working out in the Electoral;
Clinton (probably) 340
Trump (probably) 196

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

I don't think any reasonable person can look at that and even begin to think Trump can still win.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hi Iago,

In a straight up popular vote only 5 or 10 States would be electing the President not all 50.

That would only occur if those 5 or 10 states voted 100% for one candidate. Since the probablility of that is near zero, I dismiss your premise.

In a popular vote, every vote is equal.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Iago,

I'm not a Constitutional scholar.

Nor am I. It is my understanding that how each state's electors vote is up to that state.

In 1956, at the Republican Convention, there was an effort to give Ike 100% percent of the vote of the delegates. Mark Hatfield, the Oregon governor objected, saying that Oregon could not give every delegate to Ike because someone else had won a few delegates in our primary.

IMO even more dumb is that if no one person gets to the magical 270 electoral votes, it then goes to the House of Reps to decide.

If we had a popular vote, we would never have the House making that decision for us.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And I do understand where you are coming from on your scenario about some specific issue in large states. But, again I doubt that it could really ever happen as you have described it.

After dealing with a cyber attack at work on Friday and reading some of the hacker sites over the weekend, my big concern for election day is Russia using a cyber attack to disrupt the election process enough to cast doubt on a HRC win, and Trump starting another meme similar to the "Obama birth certificate" crap.

Putin trying to disrupt the election on Nov. 8th with a cyber attack, is a real concern.

AlanS

******Putin trying to disrupt the election on Nov. 6th with a cyber attack, is a real concern.

I'm not so concerned about the 6th. ;)

True that...

Trump and Putin have guccifer and fancy bears lined up to do some damage on the 28th.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

quade

***Putin trying to disrupt the election on Nov. 6th with a cyber attack, is a real concern.

I'm not so concerned about the 6th. ;)

But this is what we need to be concerned about.. on the 6th or 28th or 8th or whenever it is..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-is-investigating-foreign-hacks-of-state-election-systems/2016/08/29/6e758ff4-6e00-11e6-8365-b19e428a975e_story.html