yoink

So what's going to happen in the final debate?

CanuckInUSA

***Dude, you are the one who wrote about uniformed people.

Are all these words a little too complicated?

Sorry what was that thing you were saying about being uninformed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTq1tlBwqI

Having a little reading difficulty today?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Clinton is going to lose of course - and Trump will be yuge (per Donald and FOX News post-debate tweets.)

Media expectations for Clinton (in order to win):

ABC: "[winning] means not just rebutting and attacking Trump but going broad, reminding voters of her promise, not just her opponent’s weaknesses. There’s an opportunity if not an urgency for her to use the final presidential debate to appear downright presidential."

USA today: "5 things Clinton needs to do in the final debate - Clinton must have an effective rejoinder [to the Wikileaks issue] that doesn’t revolve solely around blaming the Russians. . . .needs to reactivate President Obama’s winning coalition that relied on strong turnout among young people and African Americans. . . .pull her punches if it looks like Trump is continuing to drive up his own negative ratings . . . sharpen her answers on trade . . . be ready for anything."

Media expectations for Trump (in order to win) -

CNN: "If Trump comes in and talks policy, that's a big victory."

billvon

Clinton is going to lose of course - and Trump will be yuge (per Donald and FOX News post-debate tweets.)

Media expectations for Clinton (in order to win):

ABC: "[winning] means not just rebutting and attacking Trump but going broad, reminding voters of her promise, not just her opponent’s weaknesses. There’s an opportunity if not an urgency for her to use the final presidential debate to appear downright presidential."

USA today: "5 things Clinton needs to do in the final debate - Clinton must have an effective rejoinder [to the Wikileaks issue] that doesn’t revolve solely around blaming the Russians. . . .needs to reactivate President Obama’s winning coalition that relied on strong turnout among young people and African Americans. . . .pull her punches if it looks like Trump is continuing to drive up his own negative ratings . . . sharpen her answers on trade . . . be ready for anything."

Media expectations for Trump (in order to win) -

CNN: "If Trump comes in and talks policy, that's a big victory."

so both candidates win if they can go off of attack and just talk policy - look, even the media agrees (though that wouldn't be as good for their ratings, they still admit it)

despite that, expect 75% of the questions and answers to continue to encourage personal attacks

all of the personal and mean spirited destructive attacks does is shore up each candidate's base. It gives the childish a nice little shiver and validation of their pettiness. Now, does anyone even think that either side's base needs more shoring up - I'm pretty sure they are already in the bag no matter what.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>so both candidates win if they can go off of attack and just talk policy

Well, per the media's expectations, Clinton can win if she speaks broadly appears presidential, effectively rebuts the Wikileaks issue, re-energizes certain elements of her base, gives focused answers on trade questions and react narrowly to any Trump attacks.

Trump wins if he mentions policy. (And presumably shows up, and avoids tripping over his shoelaces.)

Sadly none of the lists mentions "avoid attacks." (In fact I'd be willing to bet that more than half of the people watching the debate are tuning in to see Trump's attacks.)

Hi Bill,

more than half of the people watching the debate are tuning in to see Trump's attacks

I'm sort of a political junkie, so I'll definitely be watching.

I'm just wondering if she were to get under his skin, would he physically lash out at her.

Curious minds want to know.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

billvon

(In fact I'd be willing to bet that more than half of the people watching the debate are tuning in to see Trump's attacks.)

AGREED - and the other half to see him get attacked

seriously, it shouldn't even be a podium, it should be a ring

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***(In fact I'd be willing to bet that more than half of the people watching the debate are tuning in to see Trump's attacks.)

AGREED - and the other half to see him get attacked

seriously, it shouldn't even be a podium, it should be a ring Cage

FIFY :)
"TWO GO IN...
ONE COMES OUT!!!"

Considering Trump is 70 and Clinton is 68, it would probably be a pretty lame fight.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

IMO:

DT performed very well. I noticed he took HRC's tip from debate 2, when she went low he went high. He did not attack her as much as evidence would have permitted.

HRC poked the stick at Putin and Russia again. If she makes it to the WH we could find ourselves in a war with the Bear.

Putin and HRC do not respect each other. With DT the relationship is still not known. I trust him as a businessman more than I trust her as a corrupt SOS.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

IMO:

HRC appeared to be reading her responses from a source on her podium.

Did anyone else notice how often she dropped her eyes to her podium on the tougher subjects? She obviously was not 100% confident.

DT on the other hand, kept his gaze fixed on the camera and the nation.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Trump was unhinged, and never answered a single question. He clearly has severe ADHD because he can't stay on a single topic for a whole sentence. Given multiple chances to elaborate on his positions he dismissed them all and regurgitated the same empty lines.

Trump is a buffoon.

- Dan G

Thanks for the tip. I did not watch it, I listened while watching the live fact checking. She probably had crib notes written on her arms or something. She does have a nasty habit of thinking before speaking. Not like the 100% confident Donald. He doesn't need to because the lies and bluster just naturally roll off his tongue. He is clearly a man with the cojones to reach out and take what he wants. Never mind niceties like rules, norms, or even facts.

It's hard to understand how this sterling example of American WASP manhood at it's finest could be losing so badly. To a girl. To a girl who actually has to think before answering a question. Incredible.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

DT performed very well. I noticed he took HRC's tip from debate 2, when she went low he went high. He did not attack her as much as evidence would have permitted.

He did mostly do much less to hurt himself in this debate. I did detect a significant increase in self discipline this time. However, his refusal to state that he would honour the results of the election is going to be seized upon by the media and used to show that he is not faithful to the nation, only to himself.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

IMO:

If refusing to state that he would honor the results of the election is your definition of going "high", then your judgment is even worse than I previously believed.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hi Ron,

Apparently, you failed to notice that the very first thing she did upon reaching the podium was punch the end of her ball point pen with her thumb so she could take notes. She has taken notes at both debates.

Pay attention will you?

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ron,

Apparently, you failed to notice that the very first thing she did upon reaching the podium was punch the end of her ball point pen with her thumb so she could take notes. She has taken notes at both debates.

Pay attention will you?

Jerry Baumchen

Oh yes, I remember seeing that now. Thanks for reminding me. I'm going to change my vote now. Whew! That was a closes one.

The111

***HRC appeared to be reading her responses from a source on her podium.

Great minds think alike. Everything is rigged.

IMO:

I was also amused by HRC when DT brought up the evidence from Wikileaks her response was to accuse the Russians of trying to influence the election. She can't deny what her campaign staff and the Democratic Party has done. The emails and the videos, Project Veritas, are out there.

RonD1120

******HRC appeared to be reading her responses from a source on her podium.

Great minds think alike. Everything is rigged.

IMO:

I was also amused by HRC when DT brought up the evidence from Wikileaks her response was to accuse the Russians of trying to influence the election. She can't deny what her campaign staff and the Democratic Party has done. The emails and the videos, Project Veritas, are out there.

Agreed, I also enjoy peanut butter.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

IMO:

HRC was not asked if she would accept the results of the election. She will melt down if she is not immaculated this time. You know she will not accept a loss.

normiss

Are those the wikileaks the FBI says the Ruskies tampered with?
:D:S:D

Tampering is easy to prove
Release the originals but note this,
As of yet they have only said they were tampered with.
They have yet to deny anything in them
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln