jclalor

Latest person to be shot and killed by a toddler

jclalor

These ghastly stories are, indeed, all too common.

Even more common is cases of people who leave kids in parked cars when it's 110 F in the shade.

The common theme is that stupid people shouldn't breed in the first place.

billvon

>The common theme is that stupid people shouldn't breed in the first place.

While attractive in theory, a level of intelligence insufficient to understand birth control is selected for in evolution.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That explains why religious people tend to have large families.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

winsor

"Henry County police Lt. Mike Ireland tells local news organizations the 18-month-old was shot Saturday afternoon. He says the toddler and his older brother were in a bedroom with a few other family members. One of the adults set down a loaded handgun."
"Ireland says no charges have been filed. The investigation is ongoing."

I would hope that sentence was meant to have a "yet" at the end of it.

winsor

***These shooting happen on an all too regular basis.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/18-month-georgia-boy-dies-shot-home-42529256

These ghastly stories are, indeed, all too common.

Even more common is cases of people who leave kids in parked cars when it's 110 F in the shade.

I think there are more cases where the shooter turns out to be a toddler as opposed to cases where children are left in hot cars.

http://time.com/4311066/toddlers-guns-shoot-parents/

gowlerk

Is it possible, just maybe, that America has too many guns?

It's as if there are so many per citizen that they just litter our living spaces.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Too many guns? No. Apparently this story only needed one and a stupid adult. How about does america have too many stupid people that should be kicked out of the gene pool? Yes. Just because you CAN impregnate another person of the opposite gender does not mean you posses the skills to raise that offspring in a responsible manner.
This is a terrible story and the parents should be charged with gross negligence.

tikl68

Too many guns? No. Apparently this story only needed one and a stupid adult. How about does america have too many stupid people that should be kicked out of the gene pool? Yes. Just because you CAN impregnate another person of the opposite gender does not mean you posses the skills to raise that offspring in a responsible manner.
This is a terrible story and the parents should be charged with gross negligence.

No kidding, how are there not charges being filed on this. This is the epitome of gross neglect.

tikl68

So you admit that there are some people who shouldn't have guns.

I guess that's a start.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Survey says.......aaaiiinnnntttt! Missed that one Prof. What I admitted to was that there is an over abundance of people who have no business reproducing, whether they display that by leaving drugs, or paraphernalia in reach of children,or leaving children completely unsupervised and alone to get into various situations that can harm or kill them selves or others. If it had been a needle with drugs and caused an overdose, guess that means all needles are bad, not the idiot that left it there. I got it dont take responsibility for ones actions, place the blame some where else, what a concept. I will try it next time I screw up.

>If it had been a needle with drugs and caused an overdose, guess that means all
>needles are bad, not the idiot that left it there.

Nope, it would mean that the person who used it caused his death.

Still, it is a good thing that they don't sell hypos and heroin at swap meets to anyone with the cash.

Yep its a good thing the swap meet doesnt do that. But it could have been a legitimate needle with... I dont know, insulin, in a house where some one has diabetes, or any other legitimate medicines that are taken with a needle, and have an absent minded adult leave it where a child can get a hold of it.

tikl68

Yep its a good thing the swap meet doesnt do that. But it could have been a legitimate needle with... I dont know, insulin, in a house where some one has diabetes, or any other legitimate medicines that are taken with a needle, and have an absent minded adult leave it where a child can get a hold of it.

Don't forget Oxy Contin. Those pills are sold under all sorts of restrictions and controls. Yet lots of people (often teens) manage to get hold of them. And when the supply of pills runs out, they turn to heroin.

It's one of the major driving forces behind the current "heroin epidemic."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Yes I do believe that some people should not own or have access to firearms, but thats not the fire arms fault. And if some one who has no business owning or being in possession of that firearm causes the injury or death of someone through their negligence then that person should be held responsible.

tikl68

Yes I do believe that some people should not own or have access to firearms, but thats not the fire arms fault. And if some one who has no business owning or being in possession of that firearm causes the injury or death of someone through their negligence then that person should be held responsible.

Did anyone blame the gun?

As Justice Scalia wrote in the Heller decision, the 2nd Amendment does not confer an absolute right for anyone at all to own any firearm of their choice. Background checks have been ruled constitutional, as have bans on certain types of weapons.

tikl68

Survey says.......aaaiiinnnntttt! Missed that one Prof. What I admitted to was that there is an over abundance of people who have no business reproducing, whether they display that by leaving drugs, or paraphernalia in reach of children,or leaving children completely unsupervised and alone to get into various situations that can harm or kill them selves or others. If it had been a needle with drugs and caused an overdose, guess that means all needles are bad, not the idiot that left it there. I got it dont take responsibility for ones actions, place the blame some where else, what a concept. I will try it next time I screw up.

Needles full of heroin ARE illegal as are many other substances that can instantly kill a child. Medication that causes overdoses ARE highly controlled and require a very specific purpose and signature from a doctor in order for you to possess that medication.

>Yep its a good thing the swap meet doesnt do that.

Agreed. Unfortunately the swap meet DOES do that with guns and ammunition.

>But it could have been a legitimate needle with... I dont know, insulin, in a house
>where some one has diabetes, or any other legitimate medicines that are taken with
> a needle, and have an absent minded adult leave it where a child can get a hold of
>it.

Definitely. And that's one of the reasons that you need a prescription, issued by a doctor and dispensed by a pharmacist, to obtain insulin and syringes with which to use them.

This is also in response to billvon. Yes you need a prescription to get the drug and needle but once you get home, which is where I think this story took place, the doctor who prescribed the drugs is no longer a factor if you are an ABSENT minded DOLT and leave the needle and or drugs where a child can get their hands on it. I am all for back ground checks, and my local swap meet that I frequent does not sell guns, more like pinatas, boots , back packs and used tools. Even if it is a legal gun and you obtained it legally, again, if left UNATTENDED this can happen.

And Prof. Kallend your post IMPLIED, that it was the evil guns fault, and not the idiot human.

tikl68

This is also in response to billvon. Yes you need a prescription to get the drug and needle but once you get home, which is where I think this story took place, the doctor who prescribed the drugs is no longer a factor if you are an ABSENT minded DOLT and leave the needle and or drugs where a child can get their hands on it. I am all for back ground checks, and my local swap meet that I frequent does not sell guns, more like pinatas, boots , back packs and used tools. Even if it is a legal gun and you obtained it legally, again, if left UNATTENDED this can happen.

And Prof. Kallend your post IMPLIED, that it was the evil guns fault, and not the idiot human.

How does "So you admit that there are some people who shouldn't have guns" imply anything of the sort?