JerryBaumchen

Is it over?

JerryBaumchen

Hi Mark; and all of you foreigners, *

Am I right?

We say Ory-gun. Now, practice that 500 times and if you ever visit, you just might get a coffee refill.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And my name is pronounced bom-shun; but not in Germany. :o

PPS) * A foreigner is anyone not from Oregon.

Are you sure it's not pronounced "Throat Wobbler Mangrove"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

wolfriverjoe

******Yet they didn't.

Yup.... a year when people cared more about someone "telling it like it is" and screaming about one issue won out. There were of course other factors that led to the cheeto winning. It was a perfect storm of Fu@#!

Hoping that real conservatives/GOP leaders and the younger generation learn from this because it gave us President Hillary Clinton.

Primaries are a very different thing as compared to a general. The GOP "base" doesn't get that I guess.

It's kind of funny. Given what happened during the 12 primaries, the primaries this time shouldn't be that big of a surprise (Hindsight being 20/20, of course).

Romney was a fairly well qualified candidate. Former governor, lots of experience. But he was from a 'political family', and was a 'rich, out of touch' Republican. And a Mormon. So the blue collar, conservative, religious base (you know, the ones 'bitterly clinging to their guns and religion') didn't like him much.

So every time any new candidate popped up (Cruz, Perry, Bachman, Cain, ect) they'd have a big surge in the polls, until the base figured out that they were no better, and actually worse than Romney. And they'd fade in a week or so.

So along comes Trump. And he tells that base exactly what they want to hear. No matter that it often goes directly against positions he stated prior to entering the race (guns and abortion are the two biggies). Not "political royalty" like Bush, not even an established politician like Cruz or Kaisch.

So add up the "exactly what the bigots and xenophobes want to hear", along with the "Anyone but Hillary" crowd, thrown in with the fools and idiots that fall for his con job (Ryoder's comment about psycho/narcissist is dead on) and you have what we have.

And while Yogi Berra was right...

It ain't over 'til it's over.

It's definitely swinging to HRC. She's even seeing rising numbers in Texas. Where a democrat hasn't won in a long, long time.

And while it offends me rather deeply to see her take the WH, it doesn't scare me the way a Trump presidency would.

Agree to a point but I don't like it when people say the "base" nominated him. The reality is... the guy could not break 50% in most states and more voted for someone else so a great number didn't want Trump. That means the "base" was not for him in a majority. There were too many freaking people running. Too many people that stayed in when they shouldn't have. Clearly the base still rejects Trump which is why he is doing so poorly. He is going to get his clock cleaned as my grandfather used to say. Five Thirty Eight now has Hillary at just under 80% win probability. That's a much stronger lead than Obama had at this point vs Romney. 324 to 213.9 in the electoral college with current projections. That's an a$$ whoopin!

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

That said, clearly there is an element of the party that likes him and it is a shocking amount of them. There is a large number of Union dems that are for Trump also though for probably the same reasons.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I have stopped guessing about the outcome of any vote - I believe that stupidity abounds and is actually pretty hard to predict (and I don't just mean in the US).

I will say this... Regardless of what I think of Hillary Clinton, I believe Donald Trump is totally unfit to be a president. I believe he is a textbook Narcissist and a dangerous person to be leading the US. After some first-hand experience in dealing with a narcissist, I have done a great deal of reading on the disorder. Where some experts lump narcissists/sociopaths/borderline personality disorders under the wider umbrella of "psychopath," each one has specific traits. However many of these traits overlap, and because each person is unique, few (if any) people fall 100% in only one, neatly defined category.

That said, whether you prefer to call him a psychopath, a sociopath or a narcissist, one underlying trait common to all 3 is a lack of empathy. Now, a lack of empathy does not mean these people do not *understand* feelings/emotions - it means they do not *care* about other people insomuch as it does not impact them directly. They are prepared to use anything and everything to manipulate others into doing/getting what they want. They lie, bully, cheat, steal, and even kill in the most extreme cases. And they do so without regret.

They are dangerous because in addition to having a total lack of empathy, they also have a total lack a conscience. This means that not only are they extremely self-serving, they also have nothing holding them back from doing or saying whatever suits them at any given time. The problem with this is that the collateral damage can be HUGE (sorry, had to slip that one in!). And sadly, the actions of a US president can and do have an impact faaaaaaar beyond your American borders. People all around the world are following this election and are (understandably) very worried about its outcome.

His only redeeming feature is that he cares deeply about himself, so he *can* be counted on to look after his own interests. So as long as your interests are aligned with his, he will follow through on many of his outrageous threats. Therefore, if you are part of the wealthy, selfish, racist, sexist elite, you should definitely vote Trump. The world may be a far shittier place, but your position in it will be just fine.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder - DSM-IV and DSM-5

Snakes in Suits by Robert D Hare - guy who developed the Psychopathy Checklist

The Sociopath Next Door
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

And if HRC, narcissist, psychopath, gets elected the rest of the world can breathe a sigh of relief but about half of the Americans are going experience extreme emotional disorders.

BTW, you post was well stated clinically. I see some differences between psychopath and sociopath but they do overlap.

Our current example of a psychopathic narcissist in office is BHO.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Someone please explain to Donald Trump how the Senate works and how the government works and how vaginas work and also Russia.

Asked about his "bragadoscious" sexual assaults, he somehow blamed ISIS.
"Rejiggering" at it's finest.
Sniiiiifffff.

>And if HRC, narcissist, psychopath, gets elected the rest of the world can breathe a
>sigh of relief but about half of the Americans are going experience extreme
>emotional disorders.

Perhaps a few percent. Most people don't really care. Fortunately, with her in office, there will be more in the way of mental health services available for the people with psychiatric problems.

On the topic of mental health, this article by Newseek's Kurt Eichenwald, (who has known Trump since 1987), is interesting. It is written in the form of an open letter to Paul Ryan. Skip over the beginning and start at the section titled "Incomprehensible Profligacy" which opens with:

"The thing you don’t understand about Donald Trump is that he’s mentally ill."
One of Trump’s most senior executives said those words to me in the summer of 1990.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/19/letter-paul-ryan-donald-trump-488877.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This sort of blathering nonsense usually just gets a pass here. That is because it is so obviously false that it needs no answer. But it does say something about you. And it is not flattering.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

And if HRC, narcissist, psychopath, gets elected the rest of the world can breathe a sigh of relief but about half of the Americans are going experience extreme emotional disorders.

BTW, you post was well stated clinically. I see some differences between psychopath and sociopath but they do overlap.

Wow. :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

RonD1120

Hint: If you want to maintain any form of credibility, throwing baseless accusations of mental illness at someone just because they don't agree with your politics, is not the way to do it.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Our current example of a psychopathic narcissist in office is BHO.

Hint: If you want to maintain any form of credibility, throwing baseless accusations of mental illness at someone just because they don't agree with your politics, is not the way to do it.:S

Psychopathic and narcissistic personalities are not necessarily mental illness. Basically, an Axis I (treatable mental illness) diagnosis is only applicable when it is determined that an individual is a threat to themselves or someone else which includes not being able to conduct activities of daily living.

Axis II diagnoses are personality disorders and are documented but are not treatable.

IMO, I'm still in the bounds of rational thought concerning our elitist governmental leadership.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

List of Republicans who have abandoned Trump:

Michigan Rep. Justin Amash
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley - "I cannot and will not vote for Donald Trump"
Alabama Rep. Bradley Byrne -"not fit to be president"
West Virginia Sen. Shelley Moore Capito - "The appropriate next step may be for him to reexamine his candidacy."
Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz -“I’m out. I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person for president."
Colorado Rep. Mike Coffman - "Mr. Trump should step aside."
Maine Sen. Susan Collins
Virginia Rep. Barbara Comstock
Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo
South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard
Illinois Rep. Rodney Davis
Pennsylvania Rep. Charlie Dent -"He should step down.”
Rob Engstrom, U.S. Chamber of Commerce senior vice president
Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake
Businesswoman Carly Fiorina - "Donald Trump does not represent me or my party"
Nebraska Sen. Deb Fischer
Nebraska Rep. Jeff Fortenberry - "I ask that Donald Trump step aside"
Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner
Texas Rep. Kay Granger - "Mr. Trump should remove himself from consideration as Commander in Chief"
New Jersey Rep. Scott Garrett
Nevada Rep. Cresent Hardy - “I will no longer support the guy at the head of the ticket for the Republican nominee."
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam
Nevada Rep. Joe Heck
Washington Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler
Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman
Texas Rep. Will Hurd
Ohio Gov. John Kasich
New York Rep. John Katko - "there's absolutely no way I can support him."
Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk
California Rep. Steve Knight
Utah Sen. Mike Lee
New Jersey Rep. Frank LoBiondo -"Mr. Trump is unfit to be President."
Utah Rep. Mia Love
New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez - ". . .will not support him now.”
Arizona Sen. John McCain - “Cindy and I will not vote for Donald Trump."
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski
Former New York governor George Pataki
Minnesota Rep. Erik Paulsen - "I will not be voting for him."
Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty - ". . .unwilling or unable to demonstrate even the most basic level of discipline, character and judgment"
Ohio Sen. Rob Portman
Former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice - "Donald Trump should not be President."
Alabama Rep. Martha Roby
Florida Rep. Tom Rooney - 'I can no longer support Donald Trump for President."
Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval -“I cannot support him as my party’s nominee.”
Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse
Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
Utah Rep. Chris Stewart
Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan
South Dakota Sen. John Thune
Michigan Rep. Fred Upton
Missouri Rep. Ann Wagner - "I withdraw my endorsement."

RonD1120

******Our current example of a psychopathic narcissist in office is BHO.

Psychopathic and narcissistic personalities are not necessarily mental illness. Basically, an Axis I (treatable mental illness) diagnosis is only applicable when it is determined that an individual is a threat to themselves or someone else which includes not being able to conduct activities of daily living.

Axis II diagnoses are personality disorders and are documented but are not treatable.

IMO, I'm still in the bounds of rational thought concerning our elitist governmental leadership.

Again, wow. :S
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

RonD1120

Please explain your WOWs.

Wow = "you so clearly don't know what you are talking about that I don't even know where to begin..."

Also, "I somehow doubt any explanations will be worth my while."

(Yes, I have probably just wasted 10 seconds of my time just now.)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I was just curious. I worked in the mental health/substance use disorder profession most of my adult career. I believe I have some understanding of provisional diagnoses. But, that's OK carry on.

RonD1120

I was just curious. I worked in the mental health/substance use disorder profession most of my adult career. I believe I have some understanding of provisional diagnoses. But, that's OK carry on.

I own 3 cats *and* have access to google - does that make me a qualified horse veterinarian?
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***I was just curious. I worked in the mental health/substance use disorder profession most of my adult career. I believe I have some understanding of provisional diagnoses. But, that's OK carry on.

I own 3 cats *and* have access to google - does that make me a qualified horse veterinarian?

I don't know what you are. I simply ask a civil question.