JerryBaumchen

Is it over?

RonD1120

******Our current example of a psychopathic narcissist in office is BHO.

Hint: If you want to maintain any form of credibility, throwing baseless accusations of mental illness at someone just because they don't agree with your politics, is not the way to do it.:S

Psychopathic and narcissistic personalities are not necessarily mental illness. Basically, an Axis I (treatable mental illness) diagnosis is only applicable when it is determined that an individual is a threat to themselves or someone else which includes not being able to conduct activities of daily living.

Axis II diagnoses are personality disorders and are documented but are not treatable.

IMO, I'm still in the bounds of rational thought concerning our elitist governmental leadership.

Perhaps you'll manage to maintain your sanity with Hillary as POTUS, but when Michelle is sworn in to office in 2025, I think you'll be done.

jclalor

Perhaps you'll manage to maintain your sanity with Hillary as POTUS, but when Michelle is sworn in to office in 2025, I think you'll be done.

:D:D:D

You really know how to play on someone's worst nightmares!;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

RonD1120

I don't believe I will see that.

I can't imagine her wanting to do that. So even if you live that long, and the rapture leaves you behind, you are probably correct this one time only.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jclalor

*********Our current example of a psychopathic narcissist in office is BHO.

Hint: If you want to maintain any form of credibility, throwing baseless accusations of mental illness at someone just because they don't agree with your politics, is not the way to do it.:S

Psychopathic and narcissistic personalities are not necessarily mental illness. Basically, an Axis I (treatable mental illness) diagnosis is only applicable when it is determined that an individual is a threat to themselves or someone else which includes not being able to conduct activities of daily living.

Axis II diagnoses are personality disorders and are documented but are not treatable.

IMO, I'm still in the bounds of rational thought concerning our elitist governmental leadership.

Hillary is so old that I think it isn't so likely that she will run for a 2nd term. I'm hoping for Warren to run next time.

headoverheels

Hillary is so old that I think it isn't so likely that she will run for a 2nd term. I'm hoping for Warren to run next time.

Well, this is interesting: http://robinsonlibrary.com/america/unitedstates/presidents/byage.htm

Reagan was the oldest POTUS ever at 69.
Clinton is currently 69, and Trump is 70.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jclalor

OK, I think this tops that: http://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich-first-hundred-days-after-november-8-507947
:D

headoverheels

************Our current example of a psychopathic narcissist in office is BHO.

Lizzy is no spring chicken either.

ryoder

OK, I think this tops that: http://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich-first-hundred-days-after-november-8-507947

That's a list for sure to bring end times, although it's a bit hard to imagine Giuliani ever conceding he was wrong.

Unfortunately, Trump's repeating of untruths already pulled from web sites (realizing they are false) will continue to convince and rile up the majority of Americans who haven't the time or interest to seek out the truth. Once an untruth is spread, the retraction/correction rarely gets the attention. Even if it does, one is often left with the impression of the first story, not the correct story.

http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-sidney-blumenthal-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-benghazi-sputnik-508635

headoverheels

Unfortunately, Trump's repeating of untruths already pulled from web sites (realizing they are false) will continue to convince and rile up the majority of Americans who haven't the time or interest to seek out the truth. Once an untruth is spread, the retraction/correction rarely gets the attention. Even if it does, one is often left with the impression of the first story, not the correct story.

http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-sidney-blumenthal-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-benghazi-sputnik-508635

I was following the authors Twitter account today when he found that and starting tweeting at a furious rate!:D

Something else to consider is that Wikileaks/Assange have become, (either wittingly or not), a puppet for Putin. I was disgusted some weeks back when Bill Maher had Assange as a (remote) guest on his show, and Assange attempted to embarrass Maher with the revelation that he had found a "William Maher" listed as a large donor to the Obama campaign in the last election. Maher informed him that yes he had made the donation, and never tried to hide it.

Wikileaks/Assange have jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned.

jclalor

Do you know what I'm really looking forward to? Trumps election night concession speech, it should be one for the ages.

His ego could never handle the loss... His most likely response would be to kick up a big stink about the election being rigged. Sadly, even if there is never any supporting evidence for this, loads of people would believe it nonetheless. And he would be relentless is repeating it over and over and over again.

Ironically, if it ever came to pass that there was overwhelming evidence that *he* had rigged the elections, his response would undoubtedly be to call it a conspiracy to cover up Clinton's cheating. And some people would believe *that* as well.

Whatever the outcome, he is unlikely to go away. I wouldn't put it past him to run a second time. And no matter what transpires, I wouldn't put it past some people to vote for him. And he might even win.

Heck, he might win this time around. And what he will do if he wins is far more worrying than the disruption he will cause if he loses.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

jclalor

Do you know what I'm really looking forward to? Trumps election night concession speech, it should be one for the ages.

I don't think his massive ego will allow him to concede defeat. I have some concern he will claim the election was rigged and call for a "second amendment" response from his supporters. The days after the election could get really "interesting". I also suspect the secret service will have to be especially vigilant as long as HC is in office. DT has brought a lot of ugliness to the race and I don't think that will just go away any time soon.

Don

GeorgiaDon

***Do you know what I'm really looking forward to? Trumps election night concession speech, it should be one for the ages.

I don't think his massive ego will allow him to concede defeat. I have some concern he will claim the election was rigged and call for a "second amendment" response from his supporters. The days after the election could get really "interesting". I also suspect the secret service will have to be especially vigilant as long as HC is in office. DT has brought a lot of ugliness to the race and I don't think that will just go away any time soon.

Don

This is what I think as well. It's hard to imagine any other reaction from him, even in the face of a landslide Democratic victory (which seems unlikely anyway).

Although Trump being Trump, he *could* claim something outrageous like he staged his own defeat just to prove a point.

EDIT:
Other things he could claim:
- Clinton had 30 years of bullshitting experience - she is therefore a seasoned liar/politician (unlike him, of course)
- The whole system is broken
- Americans are too scared and/or not ready for change
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

ryoder

Love it!

Conservative commentator George F. Will nails it.

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trumps-vile-candidacy-is-chemotherapy-for-the-gop/2016/10/10/73e40f30-8f05-11e6-9c85-ac42097b8cc0_story.html?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b&utm_term=.8272b6d5156c

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Love it!

Conservative commentator George F. Will nails it.

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trumps-vile-candidacy-is-chemotherapy-for-the-gop/2016/10/10/73e40f30-8f05-11e6-9c85-ac42097b8cc0_story.html?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b&utm_term=.8272b6d5156cWow! I rarely agree with George Will about anything, but I agree with every line in this piece!

I really liked this:
"...by persevering through Nov. 8 he can simplify the GOP’s quadrennial exercise of writing its post-campaign autopsy, which this year can be published Nov. 9 in one sentence: “Perhaps it is imprudent to nominate a venomous charlatan.”

Don

Its a bad sign when Glen Beck comes out and says "If the consequence of standing against Trump and for principles is indeed the election of Hillary Clinton, so be it. At least it is a moral, ethical choice."
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The disintegration of the Republican party continues. From Trump:

"Disloyal R's are far more difficult than Crooked Hillary. They come at you from all sides. They don’t know how to win - I will teach them!"

"Our very weak and ineffective leader, Paul Ryan, had a bad conference call where his members went wild at his disloyalty."

And from Politico:
===========
Trump, unbound

Deserted and detested, the GOP nominee feels free to tell people what he really thinks.

By Eli Stokols and Glenn Thrush
10/11/16 10:10 AM EDT

Democrats get a kick out of saying that Donald Trump is “unhinged,” but the candidate views himself as finally being unchained.

It may seem odd that a 6-foot-2-inch id in a red power tie would feel like his biggest problem was some infringement on his freedom to express his innermost thoughts, but people close to the flailing GOP nominee say he’s viewed the staggering setbacks over the past four days as license to loosen up, be himself, and wage a personal war against the unified forces of the liberal media and dying GOP establishment.

Venture onto the pro-Trump right-wing Breitbart website and a Trump-Pence ad pops up: “It’s Us Against the World,” it proclaims, but there’s no Pence, just two Trumps — the glowering candidate and his image in a mirror.

“He hates all these guys, anyway, never liked kissing their butts, so he’s inclined just to say good riddance,” said a top Republican who has known Trump for years.

As his fortunes sour, anger is trumping cogent calculation, and his defiance appears to be increasing in proportion to his decline in the polls. . . .

On Monday, Katrina Pierson — an unwavering Trump TV warrior who wears a necklace made of bullets and seldom deviates from talking points — tweeted that she couldn’t keep up with texts from friends vowing to vote only for Trump but not disloyal down-ballot Republicans.

And by Monday night, Trump iterated his anti-media script, indulging the crowd’s hate for reporters by letting supporters scream for two minutes at the press penned into the venue.

By Tuesday morning, Trump wanted to make sure everyone knew he was ready to come out of his shell. "It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to," he tweeted.

“It's got to be liberating to see some of the baggage fall off the train,” said Michael Caputo, a New York Republican operative and former Trump campaign staffer who has known the candidate for years. “A lot of the support was thin or disingenuous. None of these Republicans were even helping. In fact, some were breathing his name in fear for what it would do for their own reputations. It shows the true nature of the Republican Party.”

Inside Trump Tower, the candidate’s team is girding itself for more and possibly even more damaging opposition dumps. And there is consensus within the candidate’s roguish inner circle of Steve Bannon, the Breitbart CEO who’s long had House Speaker Paul Ryan in his cross hairs, and David Bossie, who spent decades attacking the Clintons, to fight fire —be it from the media, Democrats or from Ryan and fellow Republicans — with a blowtorch.

“He's picking fights because he does not like it when anyone questions him, whether it be Rick Perry in the primary, Susana Martinez in the primary, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan—he doesn't like when anyone questions him,” said Austin Barbour, a GOP strategist in Mississippi. “He handles that very poorly, and that's what he's doing right now.”

. . .

But even scoring what many characterized as a base-settling win on Sunday night, Republicans and Democrats alike view Trump’s quest for the White House as essentially lost — Monday morning’s NBC poll showed Clinton opening up an 11-point lead over Trump in a four-way race.

Knowing it, he is now behaving like a lame-duck candidate, intent on settling scores, going after the Clintons with a vengeance and scorching vacillating establishment types who are (in Trump’s view) knifing him to save their own corrupt hides. His campaign is expected to bring Bill Clinton’s accusers onto the trail and sources close to the GOP nominee indicate that more sordid allegations about the Clintons’ personal lives may be only days away.

“This campaign is going to be so terrible,” Caputo acknowledged, “we're all going to smell like it for the next seven to eight years.”

For Republicans, it’s already far more terrible than imagined. The first returns from public and private polling taken over the past week show a massive drop-off in GOP down-ballot support, leading many strategists to concede the likelihood of a Democratic Senate and the long unthinkable possibility of also losing the House — a frightening realization that precipitated Ryan’s distancing and the dozens of senators and members of Congress who pulled their endorsements over the weekend.

“Look at Paul Ryan today: He is acknowledging what we all know, the race for the White House is over,” said Sarah Isgur Flores, a GOP operative who guided Carly Fiorina’s presidential campaign. “Now, it's just a question of collateral damage. A lot of our Senate candidates were running well ahead of Trump, but that doesn't mean they can withstand a 15-point fallout.”
. . .

Indeed, the establishment set of the GOP has already cast the blame.

“If he loses a presidential election that was so gob-smackingly winnable — if he loses to Hillary Clinton — it doesn't matter if he blames establishment Republicans or a cavalry charge of unicorns,” said Michael Steel, a Republican strategist who worked for former Speaker John Boehner. “He will have lost to Hillary Clinton.”
================

ryoder

***Our current example of a psychopathic narcissist in office is BHO.

Hint: If you want to maintain any form of credibility, throwing baseless accusations of mental illness at someone just because they don't agree with your politics your own mental illness, is not the way to do it.:S

Fixed it for you.
What if the Bible had been written by Stephen King?

JerryBaumchen

Hi jclalor,

Trumps election night concession speech

I was thinking about this last night. I am thinking he will not concede. So, I thought, 'What happens then?'

I am guessing it would be up to the RNC to concede.

Anyone???????

Jerry Baumchen

It was interesting today at the Pence rally, where a Trump supporter said she was willing to start a revolution if Clinton wins. (Although later she clarified that she would only be able to revolt if her hip gets done by January.) Pence looked like he would rather be anyplace else on the planet than where he was.

jclalor

***Hi jclalor,

Trumps election night concession speech

I was thinking about this last night. I am thinking he will not concede. So, I thought, 'What happens then?'

I am guessing it would be up to the RNC to concede.

Anyone???????

Jerry Baumchen

It was interesting today at the Pence rally, where a Trump supporter said she was willing to start a revolution if Clinton wins. (Although later she clarified that she would only be able to revolt if her hip gets done by January.) Pence looked like he would rather be anyplace else on the planet than where he was.

The GOP only has itself to blame. The primary voters themselves were warned by many to no avail. The irony here is that Clinton is weak and unliked. The Dems have no bench and can only muster very old white candidates. That is still the case really... their bench moving forward is terrible while the GOP bench is great, full of young and diverse people. This should have been an easy election for the right and they blew it bc of stupidity. The party elites screwed up by throwing all money behind Jeb!. What a shit show....... I think Hillary is really a moderate and this rhetoric was forced on her by first Obama and then Bernie. She will be staus quo with some damage. I think she is a terrible human being but not as scary as Cheeto boy. I still will not vote for either.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com