JerryBaumchen

Is it over?

Hi folks,

In actuality, I do not know more than any of you.

However, after watching the news for the last week, the V-P debate, and pondering this; I have concluded that Trump simply cannot win this thing.

So what say you?

And I know that I could be completely wrong; hey, I'm no election guru.

Jerry Baumchen

I don't make predictions on US elections anymore. In 2008 I was 100% convinced that it was not possible for BHO to be elected. Not even close. I have learned that I do not understand America as well as I thought I did. It's actually a better place than I knew.

That said, it's hard to imagine Trump winning now. Unless there is a new dramatic development.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I honestly believed Trump would never win a single primary and his candidacy was a big joke but here he is. I still don't believe he can win without the votes from women, minorities and educated white males but who knows?

I think it's probably fair to say that many people believe that both candidates will make things worse for everyone. That's not anti-american, it's just a reflection of the awfulness of this election cycle.

I wish I could say that I don't believe Trump could win it anymore, but with the way things are going who knows? Russia might release scandalous emails that shows Clinton was personally torturing babies the night before the election... It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

>Russia might release scandalous emails that shows Clinton was personally torturing
>babies the night before the election... It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Yep. Or Russia could release scandalous emails showing Trump torturing Syrian refugee babies . . . and his poll numbers would rise.

jumpsalot-2

Go Hillary !!

yes, please, Hillary should go to another country and never come back

take Donald with you

at this point, I'd rather just leave the white house empty and see how that works for 4 years

(go Gary)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

yoink

Russia might release scandalous emails that shows Clinton was personally torturing babies the night before the election... It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

This hope had a bunch of cons up all night waiting for Julian Assange's "big announcement." Unfortunately for them, it ended up being WikiTease - he's been hamming it up for weeks, but doesn't have anything. And this is a guy who truly hates HC and would gladly sink her campaign given the opportunity, even if he knew it meant the end of the world with a Trump win.

rehmwa

***Go Hillary !!

yes, please, Hillary should go to another country and never come back

take Donald with you

at this point, I'd rather just leave the white house empty and see how that works for 4 years

(go Gary)

Trouble is, a majority seems to think things are going OK right now.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/10/06/americans-think-things-are-going-pretty-well-thats-horrible-news-for-donald-trump/?utm_term=.41d60ebbe60c

Even if Trump were not a bigoted misogynistic con artist, electing him would still represent a substantial risk, simply because he has no experience in government or interest in policy. Only in the context of a truly desperate situation, in which the electorate believes that radical change is necessary, does that risk seem worth taking. So there’s a logic to the nightmarish picture Trump paints of America, where nobody has a job, nothing works, we lose at everything, crime is out of control, and terrorists are probably going to kill your children on their way home from school today: If it were any less awful, voting for someone like Trump would be ridiculous.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

JerryBaumchen

However, after watching the news for the last week, the V-P debate, and pondering this; I have concluded that Trump simply cannot win this thing.

So what say you?

I think the question to ponder now is the claim that he's deliberately sabotaging his campaign to lose. 80% of the time it looks like he's just paying the price for his prior gaffes, but then he does stuff that makes your head explode. Is he that flawed, or is there purpose behind the madness?

I wonder how many votes the Republican Party would pick up if they were to announce that Trump will step down and let Pence serve >:(

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

JerryBaumchen

Hi folks,

In actuality, I do not know more than any of you.

So what say you?

And I know that I could be completely wrong; hey, I'm no election guru.

Jerry Baumchen

It's pretty damn close to being over. Fun Fact: Trump is underperforming Romney with white voters. He will do worse with indy's, minorities, etc. His whole "plan" was to turn out the white vote.... oops.

This shows it's close to being done:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

It will be a sad day in the U.S. when the winner is declared. Trump or Hillary... Sad!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

wmw999

I wonder how many votes the Republican Party would pick up if they were to announce that Trump will step down and let Pence serve >:(

Wendy P.

I think a decent amount though I would probably not be one of them. I live in Ohio so I am close to In. He has a 40% approval rating there for a reason. I think any of the other GOP candidates would have beat Hillary. I am not saying they are great, I just think they would have beat Hillary which really should not have been a difficult task.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

normiss

Yet they didn't.

Yup.... a year when people cared more about someone "telling it like it is" and screaming about one issue won out. There were of course other factors that led to the cheeto winning. It was a perfect storm of Fu@#!

Hoping that real conservatives/GOP leaders and the younger generation learn from this because it gave us President Hillary Clinton.

Primaries are a very different thing as compared to a general. THe GOP "base" doesn't get that I guess.

Hi Bill,

have stopped trying to defend him

This morning I was talking with a starch Trump supporter. I told him:

- Name even one newspaper that endorses him.

- Name one down-ballot Republican who uses his name in their campaign.

And now, as ryoder brought up, 30 ex-congressmen have come out against him.

I can understand why some people do not like Clinton, but for the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would support Trump.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) 15 months ago I was at a high school reunion luncheon. I told them, that if any of them liked politics, this was the year to really pay attention. You will not see the likes of this again in your lifetime.

Rstanley0312

***Yet they didn't.

Yup.... a year when people cared more about someone "telling it like it is" and screaming about one issue won out. There were of course other factors that led to the cheeto winning. It was a perfect storm of Fu@#!

Hoping that real conservatives/GOP leaders and the younger generation learn from this because it gave us President Hillary Clinton.

Primaries are a very different thing as compared to a general. The GOP "base" doesn't get that I guess.

It's kind of funny. Given what happened during the 12 primaries, the primaries this time shouldn't be that big of a surprise (Hindsight being 20/20, of course).

Romney was a fairly well qualified candidate. Former governor, lots of experience. But he was from a 'political family', and was a 'rich, out of touch' Republican. And a Mormon. So the blue collar, conservative, religious base (you know, the ones 'bitterly clinging to their guns and religion') didn't like him much.

So every time any new candidate popped up (Cruz, Perry, Bachman, Cain, ect) they'd have a big surge in the polls, until the base figured out that they were no better, and actually worse than Romney. And they'd fade in a week or so.

So along comes Trump. And he tells that base exactly what they want to hear. No matter that it often goes directly against positions he stated prior to entering the race (guns and abortion are the two biggies). Not "political royalty" like Bush, not even an established politician like Cruz or Kaisch.

So add up the "exactly what the bigots and xenophobes want to hear", along with the "Anyone but Hillary" crowd, thrown in with the fools and idiots that fall for his con job (Ryoder's comment about psycho/narcissist is dead on) and you have what we have.

And while Yogi Berra was right...

It ain't over 'til it's over.

It's definitely swinging to HRC. She's even seeing rising numbers in Texas. Where a democrat hasn't won in a long, long time.

And while it offends me rather deeply to see her take the WH, it doesn't scare me the way a Trump presidency would.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi Joe,

She's even seeing rising numbers in Texas.

It was either last night or the night before, I was reading where her numbers where going up ( definitely only creeping up a little ) in Ohio.

What really floors me is that Trump is spending money here in Oregon; as if there is any possibility of this state not going for Clinton. Maybe when H*** finally does freeze. :o

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Joe,

She's even seeing rising numbers in Texas.

It was either last night or the night before, I was reading where her numbers where going up ( definitely only creeping up a little ) in Ohio.

What really floors me is that Trump is spending money here in Oregon; as if there is any possibility of this state not going for Clinton. Maybe when H*** finally does freeze. :o

Jerry Baumchen

Has he explained to you Oregon people how you should be pronouncing "Oregon"?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.