RonD1120

"These Americans"

2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

The U.S. will not become a theocracy.

The Christian theocracy will not be set in place until the Second Advent of Jesus Christ following the seven year Tribulation.

That is of course, assuming the U.S. does not accept Sharia Law.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Normiss is adept at twisting your words, making up unintended meanings and refusing to take personal responsibility.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Normiss is adept at twisting your words, making up unintended meanings and refusing to take personal responsibility.

for someone who defines themselves on not taking personal responsibility that's pretty rich.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

RonD1120

Whatever mistakes I may have made, forgiveness is mine for the asking.

Indeed. God will forgive you. She knows that you are human. But She would like you to be more at peace in this life, and not to just wait for the peace that will come after your body dies.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Coreeece

******Where's my apology?

Last chance.

By whose authority are you giving last chances?

Who do you think?

I don't notice your name in green, so certainly not Sangiro.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Being polite about calling out racism seems an odd approach to me.
Not calling them out on it just sends a message that it's ok to do, yet it's not.

It's become pretty disappointing to realize how many racist people there are, and how many of my friends are too.

Amazing how much hatred people can have in their hearts.

So, does all that mean you don't believe in Christian moral standards? You are more of a situational ethics believer then.

we already had the discussion of Christian moral standards....and they are not all that they claim to be....even yours.

tkhayes

So, does all that mean you don't believe in Christian moral standards? You are more of a situational ethics believer then.

we already had the discussion of Christian moral standards....and they are not all that they claim to be....even yours.

Well, I am a work in progress. I haven't graduated yet but soon coming.

normiss

How very true, thank you.
I'm getting pissed off at the un-American anti-patriotic bullshit that we're doomed.
Idiots.

Let's see.

The U.S. Gov't is in debt to the tune of $200,000+ per taxpayer and paying its operating expenses entirely with loans.

The vast energy resources that enabled our culture (such as it is) to flourish have been squandered, and what is left is much harder to access. Luckily, our Green Stamps are still accepted by people who make up the shortfall.

The manufacturing capability that was described as a "sleeping giant" by Yamamoto when dormant during the '30s no longer exists, having largely been exported. An industry has been doing gangbuster business moving entire factories to other continents.

We have cleverly instituted one-way trade agreements where we underwrite the import of goods and services from countries with prohibitive barriers to the import of goods and services from us.

We have institutionalized poverty to the extent that it is one of our few growth industries. If you are going to send your kids to Stanford or Yale, you have one or two. If your kids won't make it out of High School, you have ten (by various fathers), and the kids represent a cash crop.

The U.S. is a net importer of food, and a great deal of land under cultivation is dependent upon such water sources as the Ogallala Aquifer (which takes as little as 10,000 years to replenish).

We're doing so well that I flinch at the prospect of much more improvement.

It was fun while it lasted.

BSBD,

Winsor

I am not as cynical as Winsor, but I will add that a whole lot of Americans grew up in an era when the USA was the undisputed top-dog, since Europe had been devastated by two wars that left the continental USA essentially untouched. This was a matter of geography, not of any intrinsic superiority. Most of Asia and Africa was still operating in 19th century (or earlier) mode. Also raw materials were in plentiful supply in north America. This seems to have led to a false sense of entitlement that the US citizenry (and especially its white males) is somehow superior to all others because things here were so much better.

Now that Europe and much of Asia has recovered a lot of older Americans (especially white males) are having a really hard time coming to grips with the reality that their entitlement has vanished.

I note with interest that the "American" winners of the 2016 Nobel prizes in physics and chemistry are all immigrants, educated in Europe.

I am reading that the debt is $56K per person, not $200K

Energy Squandered? I thought we were more energy independent than ever? Most energy sources are finite anyway, so at some point, arguably, we will 'squander' it all by burning every bit of it.

Manufacturing gone? Agreed, but that is the basis of capitalism, which we embrace. The moment that I find a cheaper way to do something, capitalism REQUIRES me to pursue that path.

Trade agreements? See previous paragraph.

If taking care of your own people is considered institutionalization, then so be it. Most countries at least attempt to take care of their own citizens. American citizens seem to gladly despise each other.

Net importer of food? My search shows many surplus stores of food everywhere and lower prices because of it.

Fun while it lasted? More 'end of the world rhetoric' like Ron keeps pumping out except he has a bible in his hand and you do not. The USA is doing fine and is still ahead of much of the world as a place for unlimited opportunity and wealth.

Long after you and I are dead, people like you and I will still be debating the 'end of America'. I am planning my retirement and how happy I am going to be doing it.

It's hard to imagine that America could be a net food importer. It's agriculture industry is massive. (I spend a lot of time in the midwest) I do believe I have heard that Iowa alone has more production than all of Canada. Maybe it's because of the policy of turning corn into ethanol instead of food.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

tkhayes

I am reading that the debt is $56K per person, not $200K

Arithmetic, my good man. Less than 100 million pay taxes, and owing on the high side of $19 trillion puts it close to $200k per person actually paying into the system.

Energy Squandered? I thought we were more energy independent than ever? Most energy sources are finite anyway, so at some point, arguably, we will 'squander' it all by burning every bit of it.

Again, arithmetic comes into play. We're down from our peak of 21 million BBL a day consumed, and up from our minimum production of 4.7 million BBL a day, but we still require roughly double what we actually produce. If we ever have to be self-sustaining for one reason or another, we're fucked.

Manufacturing gone? Agreed, but that is the basis of capitalism, which we embrace. The moment that I find a cheaper way to do something, capitalism REQUIRES me to pursue that path.

Trade agreements? See previous paragraph.

If taking care of your own people is considered institutionalization, then so be it. Most countries at least attempt to take care of their own citizens. American citizens seem to gladly despise each other.

Net importer of food? My search shows many surplus stores of food everywhere and lower prices because of it.

Fun while it lasted? More 'end of the world rhetoric' like Ron keeps pumping out except he has a bible in his hand and you do not. The USA is doing fine and is still ahead of much of the world as a place for unlimited opportunity and wealth.

Please understand that the principle of "I can't be out of money - I still have more checks!" is a joke - unless you're the Fed, and then it's policy.

The problem is that any Ponzi Scheme has an inevitable conclusion.

Long after you and I are dead, people like you and I will still be debating the 'end of America'. I am planning my retirement and how happy I am going to be doing it.

Good for you.

I've lived in too many places where their fiat currency reverted to its inherent value (zero), and am keenly aware of what thin ice it is on which we find ourselves.

I could be wrong, but I'm not. (apologies to Felder, Henley, Frey & Souther)

Arithmetic, my good man. Less than 100 million pay taxes, and owing on the high side of $19 trillion puts it close to $200k per person actually paying into the system.

That's more than a little weak. Especially when you have the Billionaires like Trump not paying taxes.

To avoid paying taxes is perfectly legal. To evade paying taxes is illegal.

Trump did nothing illegal. He has very good accountants in his employ. He knows how to gather experts to accomplish his goals. That is why he is the better choice.

RonD1120

To avoid paying taxes is perfectly legal. To evade paying taxes is illegal.

Drumpf did nothing illegal. He has very good accountants in his employ. He knows how to gather experts to accomplish his goals. That is why he is the better choice.

:D:D
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Trump/HRC did nothing illegal. He/She has very good accountants/advisors in his/her employ. He/she knows how to gather experts to accomplish his/her goals. That is why he/she is the better choice.

>Trump did nothing illegal. He has very good accountants in his employ. He knows
>how to gather experts to accomplish his goals.

Yes. If he is elected president, he will accomplish his goal of making himself very rich and bankrupting the US - which is the one skill he has that he has demonstrated most often.

billvon

>Trump did nothing illegal. He has very good accountants in his employ. He knows
>how to gather experts to accomplish his goals.

Yes. If he is elected president, he will accomplish his goal of making himself very rich and bankrupting the US - which is the one skill he has that he has demonstrated most often.

Apparently he's good at pussy-grabbing too.

www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/

As I have said in other forums, if Trump today, announced that his first task in office would be to tattoo numbers on Jewish children so he could keep track of them, Trump voters would still vote for him.

There is no level of distaste that Trump can demonstrate that will change the minds of his 'electorate'.

gowlerk

Trump/HRC did nothing illegal. He/She has very good accountants/advisors in his/her employ. He/she knows how to gather experts to accomplish his/her goals. That is why he/she is the better choice.

that is pretty brilliant sir - well done.