RonD1120

"These Americans"

RonD1120

I have been treated as automatically subordinate and interrupted, overruled, and overridden in business situations. Frequently, by women in management positions.

Ummm, surely if those women were in management positions then you were subordinate...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's not generally a good management practice to actively treat people who report to as subordinates (e.g. dismissing their inputs out of hand, shushing them, etc). So if Ron was treated that way, it was probably poor management style. If there was an improvement plan in place, or if it was a military situation, that would affect it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Your anger matters no more and no less than that of

• Hispanic and black shoppers who are automatically treated as potential shoplifters rather than as valued customers

• In my teenage years growing up in the inner city, black security guards would follow us throughout the store - and at times would even take us to the backroom to search us. I didn't get to blame the man or shout racism! Or sexism! - nor would I. The fact is that inner cities with higher levels of poverty have higher rates of theft. Everyone is a suspect, especially those between the ages of 13-25 since they commit the majority of crime.

The numbers seem disproportionate because the majority of blacks live in these poverty stricken areas where there is a higher level of suspicion overall, regardless of race or ethnicity.

Now I'm not saying that racism/sexism doesn't exist - but the victims with legitimate cases are the ones that tend to suffer when you have so many people crying wolf.

wmw999

women who are treated as automatically subordinate and interrupted, overruled, and overridden in business situations

I don't doubt your personal experience with this, but I've heard far more instances of women treating other women unfairly in the workplace. In the corporate world, new younger female management will treat older female subordinates with disdain.

In the lower wage food/service industry, female management seems to hold other females at a higher standard. It seems women are more comfortable disrespecting other women than they are men.

wmw999

law-abiding American Muslims who have to listen quietly while others talk crap about Islamic precepts without any knowledge

No, they don't have to listen quietly - people like Sulique and Darius have no problem voicing their opinions and defending their faith - and if you go back and look through those threads, you'd see that the majority of crap they received came from conservative atheists - but at least they're consistent, unlike the some liberals that displayed their typical double standard when it comes to Islam vs.Christianity.

wmw999

All of them are American. All of them have the right to be angry. And all of them deserve an America that allows them to pursue their dreams, not just the leftovers from what the people due to race, gender, or religion (or anything else) in front took.

That's fine - and if there is a legitimate case of discrimination, they should be compensated accordingly - but I think there are far too many instances where people are simply using it as an excuse to take advantage of the system.
    Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

wmw999

The vast majority of people of color don't riot in the streets; the fact that they're disproportionately treated with suspicion would tend to make them disproportionately angry.

Black woman are disproportionately killed when it comes to domestic homicides - should that anger be directed toward the man as well?

wmw999

Your anger is no more and no less important than mine. The FACT that it's been over-valued because of its source (the guys who traditionally ruled the roost) does not increase its value.

...and the FACT that he's considered part of the majority does not decrease it's value, but try telling that to people like Jakee.

wmw999

And the fact that one of the reasons for the "decreasing opportunities" is the fact that there are simply more people competing for the opportunities (i.e. a larger pool of applicants because they now include people not like you) is just reality.

That also holds true against those falsely using racism/sexism to gain an edge in obtaining something they didn't earn.

jakee

I have been treated as automatically subordinate and interrupted, overruled, and overridden in business situations. Frequently, by women in management positions.

Ummm, surely if those women were in management positions then you were subordinate...

Just because some is your subordinate doesn't mean you should lord it over them. I've always treated my employees as business partners.

Even during my management positions in my early twenties I knew this - and always tried to lead by example. If they fell behind, I picked up the slack. If they weren't doing their job, I'd do it for them and hope that I built enough respect for them to take notice - and they did. I never had to reprimand nor fire anyone.

RonD1120

One thing is certain, HRC doesn't represent me anymore than BHO represented me. We are dealing with anger not representation. Telling us that our emotions are not statistically significant does not help.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/barack-obama-expand-social-security_us_574f55bfe4b0eb20fa0cb690

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/subjects/veterans/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jul/28/barack-obama/obama-says-veteran-homelessness-has-been-cut-third/

wmw999

It's not generally a good management practice to actively treat people who report to as subordinates (e.g. dismissing their inputs out of hand, shushing them, etc). So if Ron was treated that way, it was probably poor management style.

Right, if.

Ultimately bosses will inevitably have to make decisions that involve overulling some of their employees. And part of the whole thing you were talking about regarding treatment of women in the workplace is that a lot of men cannot handle that, no matter how it is presented. A strong male leader is inspirational, a strong female leader is a bitch.

So with Ron, I kinda wonder what those female managers woud say about how he reacted to working for them.

grimmie

***One thing is certain, HRC doesn't represent me anymore than BHO represented me. We are dealing with anger not representation. Telling us that our emotions are not statistically significant does not help.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/barack-obama-expand-social-security_us_574f55bfe4b0eb20fa0cb690

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/subjects/veterans/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jul/28/barack-obama/obama-says-veteran-homelessness-has-been-cut-third/

Mere facts don't matter to Ron. But you knew that already.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

These Americans are the ones that scare me.
    Religious insanity and lost in the TV world thinking it's all real.
    I'm out of wow at this point.
    :S

Having worked on the internet most of my life, it's quite strange to see something so powerful, with all of the knowledge of man, being used to make people so damn stupid.

normiss

These Americans are the ones that scare me.
    Religious insanity and lost in the TV world thinking it's all real.
    I'm out of wow at this point.
    :S

Having worked on the internet most of my life, it's quite strange to see something so powerful, with all of the knowledge of man, being used to make people so damn stupid.

http://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/10/01/christian-trump-supporters-heresy/

What do you think should be done with them? What will happen to them if HRC is elected?

We are all afraid. We are all divided not united. We are all trying to figure out who we will have to fight.

Why is there so much evil to contend with in the U.S. and abroad? Do you think maybe, just maybe, there is a spiritual force behind it all? Do you think maybe, just maybe, we need to make a spiritual decision and choose good?

I think next year it will get worse regardless of who is elected.
    Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

We are all afraid.

All of who?

We are all divided not united.

And people like you, who claim that political compromise is nothing but weakness, will solve that how?

We are all trying to figure out who we will have to fight.

I'm not. Lot of other people aren't either.

Why is there so much evil to contend with in the U.S. and abroad?

Humans are animals, with many selfish instincts.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, there is a spiritual force behind it all?

Nope.

RonD1120

Normiss is afraid of the deplorable white Americans.

I am afraid of the Islamic terrorists and thugs.

In that case the word you were looking for was 'both' instead of 'all'.

jakee

***Normiss is afraid of the deplorable white Americans.

In that case the word you were looking for was 'both' instead of 'all'.

I don't think y'all understand Southern American. (Singular)
    Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Normiss is afraid of the deplorable white Americans.

Deplorable white Americans with guns have killed far more Americans than Islamic terrorists and thugs, even counting the 9/11 attacks.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Normiss is afraid of the deplorable white Americans.

Deplorable white Americans with guns have killed far more Americans than Islamic terrorists and thugs, even counting the 9/11 attacks.

What are the probabilities for 2017 for both categories:

If HRC is the POTUS?

If DT is the POTUS?