nolhtairt

Aaaaaaand, its a Muslim D-bag

nolhtairt

Well said. Lately, its been the loner nutbags claiming to be muslims doing the dastardly deeds. Those are the hardest to keep an eye on and catch before they do it.

I said this before, like last year or so, that attacks like these would continue, only to have people like Kallend blow it off. :|

normiss

Aaaaaaand just how did you ascertain his religious beliefs?

It will come out soon enough. He apparently is tied to the bombing on the Jersey shore in Seaside Park as well.

I called it first. Come on. Most if not all Afghans born in Afghanistan are Muslims.

But I will reiterate that he appears to be a loner, and an amateur.

PhreeZone

If someone is a non-practicing in the religion they are born in does that still make them that?

Probably semantics here. He is described as a US citizen of Afghan descent. He worked in a fried chicken restaurant with his father and family. They seemed to keep to themselves but neighbors got sick of the noise and trespassing by patrons at night because that place was open 24 hours.

Who knows at this point why the guy did what he did. Like I said, it will all come out soon enough.

NY/NJ and Minnesota over the weekend - more incidents perpetrated by those who either are Muslim or "claim to be" Muslim. Incident #...well, I can't keep up anymore.

But of course, this has nothing to do with Islam -- the religion of peace! Nothing, not in the least -- in fact it's a coincidence perpetrators of such repeated incidents happen to be Muslim at all -- especially the fellow in Minnesota screaming Allahu akbar with the knife in hand.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I know that when (and it will happen) someone other than a Muslim blows something up the far left will just be pissing in their pants....but lately it's BEEN the nut case Muslims. No it ISN'T all the Muslims but can't you fellows just acknowledge that by and far it has been?

End of rant.

I can acknowledge that. But we all must be careful not to put all Muslims into the same bag with the nut jobs. That's the point of bringing McVeigh up. We did not put all Christians and right wingers into the terrorist bag after Oklahoma, because that would be wrong. And in the same way we must resist and denounce those who would firebomb the local Mosque. Which happens all too often. Like just last week in Florida.

But it's not just open attacks on buildings. It's fear and hatred of neighbours that we must be on guard against. To quote a noted politician, bridges not walls.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Loner, amateur, and D-bag. Wonderful characterizations. Muslim is also accurate. As are male, overweight, Afghani, bearded, and lots of other things.

I'll just bet that he has a bad case of fuckit syndrome. As in "fuckit, it doesn't matter, there's nothing I can do to make a difference or be recognized other than build shitty bombs and set them off."

We overvalue being important or recognized right now, based in part of the massive overexposure of otherwise douchebags on reality TV, talk show radio, and the internet. Andy Warhol said that everyone will get 15 minutes of fame. What he really meant was that they want those 15 minutes of fame, and can't think of a better way to get it.

Me, I'm getting more interested in being a fish in a small pond, than in expanding the size of my pond. More satisfaction in it. So I guess I'll keep postwhoring here :D

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

normiss

***Well said. Lately, its been the loner nutbags claiming to be muslims doing the dastardly deeds. Those are the hardest to keep an eye on and catch before they do it.

I said this before, like last year or so, that attacks like these would continue, only to have people like Kallend blow it off. :|

So you're qualified to judge who is and is not a muslim. How Trumpish of you. Sure, I'm guilty of it. So what. They're doing most of the attacks here lately.

DJL

******“We don’t know his particular ideology or what his inspiration was or whether he was directed or whether he was inspired,” the official said. “We don’t have any of that.”

Don't all religions brag about how great their god is?
Not having been preached to by anything other than crazy christians, it's hard for me to say.

My point is, his religious beliefs are unknown at this point.
Might just be yet another crazy person trying to make some sort of statement with violence and just tags on a terrorism label to increase fear.
Seems to work rather well with paranoid Americans.

:D:DAs opposed to blind Americans????:D

Anyway, had the title had Catholic in it, you would have been drooling in agreement.........

You can still be afraid of terrorists without advocating against the 1.6 Billion Muslims who aren't terrorists.

Who is doing that?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well now... It looks like the guy was a friendly person for the most part. THEN he made a trip to Afghanistan and came back a changed man. Gee, where have we heard that before?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breakingnews/ahmad-rahami-fixture-in-family’s-business-and-lately-a-‘completely-different-person’/ar-BBwlU8u?li=BBnb7Kz

nolhtairt

Well said. Lately, its been the loner nutbag muslims doing the dastardly deeds. Those are the hardest to keep an eye on and catch before they do it.

Just like most other murderers, right?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Well said. Lately, its been the loner nutbag muslims doing the dastardly deeds. Those are the hardest to keep an eye on and catch before they do it.

Just like most other murderers, right?

Like most historical "bad guys".

McVeigh (although he may have had one accomplice), Mark David Chapman, John Hinckley Jr., Patrick Purdy, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Whitman. Even David Berkowitz and Gary Ridgeway acted alone.

Oh yeah, and none of them were Muslim.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>McVeigh (although he may have had one accomplice), Mark David Chapman, John
>Hinckley Jr., Patrick Purdy, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles
>Whitman. Even David Berkowitz and Gary Ridgeway acted alone.

Well, that's completely different. Their religions had nothing to do with it! They were just nuts.

billvon

>McVeigh (although he may have had one accomplice), Mark David Chapman, John
>Hinckley Jr., Patrick Purdy, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles
>Whitman. Even David Berkowitz and Gary Ridgeway acted alone.

Well, that's completely different. Their religions had nothing to do with it! They were just nuts.

It's kind of funny (not really, but you know what I mean).

With the exception of McVeigh, none of the above were called "terrorists."
Even though the "mass shooters" (Lanza, Holmes, Purdy - I forgot Cho, the VA Tech shooter) did more to "terrorize" the country than a lot of the so-called "terrorists".

Look at the reaction - bans of certain types of weapons (with outcry for more that didn't go through), calls for metal detectors in movie theaters, increased security at schools, and on and on.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

>Yeah, and Southern Baptists don't drink alcohol.

And right wing anti-abortion activists never get their daughters abortions.

And pro-family-values GOP politicians are never found in compromising positions with male prostitutes.

And environmental activists never drive SUV's.

So where does this leave us with Trump's call to arms to ban all muslims from entering the country and getting tough on "them"? At this point each year within our borders there are more US citizens unjustifiably shot by police than there are US citizens killed by terrorist acts.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

So where does this leave us with Trump's call to arms to ban all muslims from entering the country and getting tough on "them"? At this point each year within our borders there are more US citizens unjustifiably shot by police than there are US citizens killed by terrorist acts.

And you've have to eat over 3 BILLION Skittles to get the same risk of dying from a toxic one as the risk of being killed by a refugee.

You'd die of diabetes first.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***So where does this leave us with Drumpf's call to arms to ban all muslims from entering the country and getting tough on "them"? At this point each year within our borders there are more US citizens unjustifiably shot by police than there are US citizens killed by terrorist acts.

And you've have to eat over 3 BILLION Skittles to get the same risk of dying from a toxic one as the risk of being killed by a refugee.

You'd die of diabetes first.

Maybe that's the secret that skittles is trying so hard to keep from us. It's all a conspiracy.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DanG

This whole country is beholden to Big Skittle.

Well, at least "Big Skittle" (Wrigley's actually) understands that candy and people are different.

Apparently Trump Jr doesn't understand that. Nor does he realize that the comparison meme originally came from White Supremacists (supposedly).

DJL

At this point each year within our borders there are more US citizens unjustifiably shot by police than there are US citizens killed by terrorist acts.

How many unjustifiable shootings can you cite? Not shootings, which we best know to be in the high hundreds per year. The (too high) number of actual police murders may well not exceed the number killed in SB.

San Francisco's board of supervisors had a day honoring Mario Woods who was shot by police, holding a knife. The fucker actually stabbed someone (random) with it shortly before. It was perfectly justified shooting to most citizens of SF. Multiple rounds of bean bags and pepper spray were used first.