nolhtairt

Aaaaaaand, its a Muslim D-bag

Actually, not sure why I said No so I guess I look foolish.

I'm not sure what "make up face that" means.

Anyway, is yelling "Muslims!" every time a bomb goes off helping anything?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

*********So. Was Trump correct about his assumption about the bombers religion?

No, it's just irrelevant and counterproductive to both relations with Muslim immigrants and the investigation. Many cases in the past where even profilers came in and said to look for a specific type of person or even had an individual singled out just to discover we're barking up the wrong tree.

In this case it wouldn't be barking up the wrong tree -- the attacker was clearly inspired by his religion to carry out the act.

In the long run, pussyfooting around the issue is less helpful than confronting it.

The attacker was inspired by Extremists/Terrorists who are Muslim, still not validation to make a test of faith for those seeking entry to the country. That what you have to confront. There are 3.3 million Muslims in the US, there are 1.6 Billion in the world.

Who is asking for a test of faith to enter the country? Just because the religion is and has been for some time an inspiration for repeated terrorist acts (acts which happen worldwide, very frequently and with high death tolls) doesn't mean I agree with Donald Trump's ill-advised policies.

You can't honestly say that someone screaming allahu akbar before slicing a head off/stabbing another person/blowing oneself up with the intention of mass slaughter has nothing to do with the religion. Have you ever read the Quran?

Islam abuses the freedom of western societies with the intention of changing those societies to conform to its norms. Read these columns from Time and LA Times written by a Muslim which unabashedly state Islam and politics are inseparable.

That is a real problem for you and me -- as are the bible beaters who have been making public policy in the US.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I see the the extremism within some secs of Islam as something similar to what occurred during the inquisition and witch trials in Christian history. The faith and its interpretation in some countries lags by hundreds of years. There are women getting stoned to death, mercy killings, executions for immorality.

On the other hand there are people who wish to flee that persecution but maintain their cultural faith. That is the similarity I see to the roots of this country when so many fled religious persecution. Our country has laws separating religion and state to define what is permissible. I'm not concerned with Muslims coming to the US and setting up a Sharia State. I'm not worried about turning into the Islamic States of America. They make up 1% of our population, we are a secular country.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

For some reason, every time I bring that up, the christians get pretty pissed about the comparison, which is hilarious.
Convert or die!

You do realize that we are no longer in the middle ages?

If you didn't then your statement makes sens, and I apologize for misunderstanding your thought process.

Read this -

I dont believe it says that their women are getting stoned to death and that is why they wanted to leave. I dont think there were bombs (yes they had them) being used in mass terror attacks, and that is why the Puritans wanted to leave.

The comparison you make between Puritans and Muslims holds no water.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***For some reason, every time I bring that up, the christians get pretty pissed about the comparison, which is hilarious.
Convert or die!

If you didn't then your statement makes sens, and I apologize for misunderstanding your thought process.

Read this -

I dont believe it says that their women are getting stoned to death and that is why they wanted to leave. I dont think there were bombs (yes they had them) being used in mass terror attacks, and that is why the Puritans wanted to leave.

94 Americans killed in the USA by Islamic radicals in the past 15 years.

Nearly 150,000 Americans killed by gun toting Americans in the past 15 years.

Perspective.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******For some reason, every time I bring that up, the christians get pretty pissed about the comparison, which is hilarious.
Convert or die!

Read this -

Perspective.

AAAAAAAAND irrelevant to the discussion, yet again.

Are you not capable of staying on subject? I mean - damn - not even close!

I thought I could introduce thread drift, but your post is likened to responding to a question about quatum physics with an answer describing the tail and mane of one of the "My little Ponies" cartoon.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

God, guns, and glory!

Well at least you ALMOST tied religion into his attempt of derailment.

Care to comment on the post content before John's attempt to distract?

normiss

We were all doing well until you implicated two guys finding a suitcase into being islamic terrorists..
Care to comment on that, or are you just dropping it like every other discussion when you're out of cheeky comments?

Ah. The ol' jump ship and bring in another thread because you have no defense - defence.

It would have been much easier to say something like,"I can't comment."

Unless you can somehow show me where I accused two guys of being Islamic terrorists in this thread.

I also only asked if anyone wanted to wager on their religious beliefs.

But that's okay. You and John keep trying to steer the thread away from the true hard questions, and I'll steer it right back.

Care to answer or comment on the actual subject of conversation?

i see nothing has changed here, ill make it short.

When a none Muslim commits an act of violence no one mentions that they are Christians Jews or whatever. However when any Muslim acts violent and barbaric the religion is in the headline.

If you cant see these patterns for your self!!!!!

Also we haven't been killing millions of people in Christain or Jewish countries we have been doing it in Muslim countries, and we have been doing it far before 9-11.

Wanna a make a terrorist? kill an innocent mans family. This is not rocket science.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

turtlespeed

*********For some reason, every time I bring that up, the christians get pretty pissed about the comparison, which is hilarious.
Convert or die!

Read this -

Perspective.

AAAAAAAAND irrelevant to the discussion, yet again.

Just because you either can't or won't see a connection doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Darius11

i see nothing has changed here, ill make it short.

When a none Muslim commits an act of violence no one mentions that they are Christians Jews or whatever. However when any Muslim acts violent and barbaric the religion is in the headline.

If you cant see these patterns for your self!!!!!

Also we haven't been killing millions of people in Christain or Jewish countries we have been doing it in Muslim countries, and we have been doing it far before 9-11.

Wanna a make a terrorist? kill an innocent mans family. This is not rocket science.

People who carry copies of Mein Kampf or the Koran, but live lives of peace, do not make up for the fact that they are followers of psychopaths. In the case of Muhammad (may he rot in hell), make that a perverted psychopath.

It is a fact that ghastly crimes are all too often committed by those who do not revere perverted psychopaths. However, that does little to detract from the headline that "Follower of Perverted Psychopath Commits Ghastly Crime!"

DJL

I see the the extremism within some secs of Islam as something similar to what occurred during the inquisition and witch trials in Christian history.

I agree with the parallel on sects of Islam and the inquisition, disagree with the comparison between migrants with Puritans.

I wouldn't dread Islam as much as I do weren't it for the fact that tens of millions of people today are subjugated by it. Ideologies involving severing of limbs and heads, public floggings, stoning and burning of women should be viewed and treated no differently than Nazism. Why my fellow liberals give Islam a free pass is something I have yet to get my head around.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I've come to the conclusion that Islam shares more in common with street gangs than with other Abrahamic religions. It's insistence on death for apostates sets it apart. Organizations that murder those who want to leave them are not normally tolerated in our society. Too bad such a large part of the world is stuck with such an evil ideology.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

nolhtairt

Looks like it was another perverted psychopath who shot several people in a Washington state mall north of Seattle. This one born in Turkey. Gee, I wonder what ideology he follows. :)

On a typical day in the USA, some 30 Americans are shot dead by other Americans.

And one shot nine people in a Houston mall. He's not from Turkey. What religion do you think he follows?

If you only pay attention to the red M&M's as they come off the assembly line, it's interesting how many other colored ones you miss.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

And one shot nine people in a Houston mall. He's not from Turkey. What religion do you think he follows?

If you only pay attention to the red M&M's as they come off the assembly line, it's interesting how many other colored ones you miss.

Nonetheless, if you attack a man because he's black or gay, we call it a hate crime and add enhanced sentencing when convicted. It doesn't matter how many people other people kill each other for random purposes (profit, passion, etc). We have declared that violence done for discriminatory reasons is more offensive and warrants greater attention.

gowlerk

I've come to the conclusion that Islam shares more in common with street gangs than with other Abrahamic religions. It's insistence on death for apostates sets it apart.

And it's likely that insistence on death for apostasy that keeps people (especially women) in the religion, for fear of leaving.

Organizations that murder those who want to leave them are not normally tolerated in our society. Too bad such a large part of the world is stuck with such an evil ideology.

Free societies do not have to be stuck with such an even ideology - but for fear of being perceived as intolerant, they tolerate the intolerance of Islam. Because these societies are by their nature free and permissive, they see setting any boundaries around this ideology as being against their principles -- when those boundaries are exactly what they'll need to ensure long-term preservation of their traditions of freedom and tolerance.