nolhtairt

Aaaaaaand, its a Muslim D-bag

winsor

***Aaaaaaand just how did you ascertain his religious beliefs?

Good point. Buddhists say "allahu akhbar" all the time.

Boy, did this thread start off badly or what? First it has an unfortunate title, causing Normiss to react, then Winsor confuses the NY bombing incident with the MN stabbing incident. The bomber in question is not known to have mentioned god being great, he hasn't been seen yet except on surveillance video.

Chances are pretty good that the naturalized Afghan American being sought is Muslim. Just as Timothy McVeigh was likely Christian. All we really know about Rahami's religion right now is that he is a young man who likes fast cars. Especially modified Honda Civics. Like most of the North American loser terrorists he is probably an angry aggressive male who was looking for an excuse to do violence and spent little or no time actually worshiping any god at all.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

“We don’t know his particular ideology or what his inspiration was or whether he was directed or whether he was inspired,” the official said. “We don’t have any of that.”

Don't all religions brag about how great their god is?
Not having been preached to by anything other than crazy christians, it's hard for me to say.

My point is, his religious beliefs are unknown at this point.
Might just be yet another crazy person trying to make some sort of statement with violence and just tags on a terrorism label to increase fear.
Seems to work rather well with paranoid Americans.

billvon

>This happened on Saturday. It's Monday now and the President hasn't said anything.
>So we know its a Muslim.

But it's Monday and Trump hasn't called for concentration camps for Muslims - so he was probably named after an apostle.

Today, from Despicable Donald:

"You have many, many groups, because we're allowing these people to come into our country and destroy our country and make it unsafe for people," the Republican nominee added, arguing that the stricter immigration policies he has proposed would better protect the US from terror.

And:

He continued, "Those people should be arrested because they are inciting violence, OK. They are making violence possible. They should be arrested immediately. They have websites that tell how to make bombs, how to make all sorts of things that are totally destructive, and you know where they are coming from, and yet we don't want to touch them because of freedom of speech."

Just wanted to restore your faith in the predictability of Trump.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

normiss

“We don’t know his particular ideology or what his inspiration was or whether he was directed or whether he was inspired,” the official said. “We don’t have any of that.”

Not having been preached to by anything other than crazy christians, it's hard for me to say.

Might just be yet another crazy person trying to make some sort of statement with violence and just tags on a terrorism label to increase fear.

You're just a Buddhistophobe.

That was quick. They caught the D-bag. Found him sleeping in a hallway at a bar a few miles from his home. Cops woke him up and he shot at them and hit one before they shot and subdued him. Luckily the cop had a vest on.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breakingnews/ahmad-rahami-suspect-in-ny-nj-bombings-in-custody-sources/ar-BBwlQNz?li=BBnb7Kz

Looks like an amateur lone wolf.

And now of course, knowing almost nothing about the criminals or organizations involved yet, Trump declares war on Islam:

"We’re going to have to do something extremely tough over there. . . Like, knock the hell out of them. And we have to get everybody together and we have to lead for a change because we’re not knocking them, we’re hitting them every once in a while, we’re hitting them in certain places, we’re being very gentle about it, we’re going to have to be very tough."

normiss

:D:DAs opposed to blind Americans????:D

Anyway, had the title had Catholic in it, you would have been drooling in agreement.........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

Aaaaaaaaaand, you're part of the problem because you can't tell the difference between a religion and a terrorist group.

Read the Koran and get back to me on quite what is the difference in this case.

Islam makes the followers of Charlie Manson appear thoughtful and well adjusted by comparison.

DJL

Aaaaaaaaaand, you're part of the problem because you can't tell the difference between a religion and a terrorist group.

This reply should have been to normiss
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***“We don’t know his particular ideology or what his inspiration was or whether he was directed or whether he was inspired,” the official said. “We don’t have any of that.”

:D:DAs opposed to blind Americans????:D

Anyway, had the title had Catholic in it, you would have been drooling in agreement.........

You can still be afraid of terrorists without advocating against the 1.6 Billion Muslims who aren't terrorists.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

winsor

***Aaaaaaaaaand, you're part of the problem because you can't tell the difference between a religion and a terrorist group.

Islam makes the followers of Charlie Manson appear thoughtful and well adjusted by comparison.

Literal or incorrect interpretations or failure to understand the context of a religious text have led to many wars and human atrocities. They are also the basis of much of the morality by which we live. I'll make no claim that one is better than another just that there having been raised Muslim does not make someone a terrorist. I've been friends with, worked with, and have dated Muslims. They did not chop off my head, although the girl I dated was pretty bombing.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

******Aaaaaaaaaand, you're part of the problem because you can't tell the difference between a religion and a terrorist group.

Literal or incorrect interpretations or failure to understand the context of a religious text have led to many wars and human atrocities. They are also the basis of much of the morality by which we live. I'll make no claim that one is better than another just that there having been raised Muslim does not make someone a terrorist. I've been friends with, worked with, and have dated Muslims. They did not chop off my head, although the girl I dated was pretty bombing.

Anyone who lives by literal interpretation of the Torah is FUBAR. It is, however, the Bronze Age family history of one seriously dysfunctional family, and your average Patriarch is a candidate for Mr. Bad Example.

People outside the Tribe who use it as the basis for their traditions should have their heads examined.

More modern versions of make-believe are no better. Whether it be Dianetics, the Koran or the Book of Mormon, anyone who buys any of this has something seriously wrong with them.

Having said that, the Koran rather pins the meter in terms of psychotic perversion.

"And now of course, knowing almost nothing about the criminals or organizations involved yet, Trump declares war on Islam:"

I don't like Trump....he's an asshole, I dislike H.C. as bad or worse. I'll prob go with GJ wish he could get in the debates...having said that....

It's getting to be serious b.s. when we have an attack and the same old people here and in the national news flip tits when someone calls it what it is and calls it quick.

Here's a hint. When there are bombs exploding in public area's it's a damn good bet it's terrorism.

And for the people that bring up Timothy McVeigh....he was a Christian (supposedly but totally an asshole) and he was put to death.

I know that when (and it will happen) someone other than a Muslim blows something up the far left will just be pissing in their pants....but lately it's BEEN the nut case Muslims. No it ISN'T all the Muslims but can't you fellows just acknowledge that by and far it has been?

End of rant.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Well said. Lately, its been the loner nutbag muslims doing the dastardly deeds. Those are the hardest to keep an eye on and catch before they do it.

I said this before, like last year or so, that attacks like these would continue, only to have people like Kallend blow it off. :|