jclalor

What's Aleppo?

RonD1120

***No, I like where this has gone. Hey Ron, what would Jesus do about Aleppo and its refugees?

I believe He is doing it. That is, offering Holy Spirit guidance to the believing Christians. Telling them to walk in faith, to preach the gospel and to proclaim the day of the Lord.

Our command is to go into the world preach the gospel and make disciples. That does not change because we are in a horrible situation. Paul was condemned to death, in prison and he still kept preaching the gospel.

If nothing else, some of you folks do put on a good show.

https://youtu.be/nVG98f8NL5g

Coreeece

"The inner city rats"

I'm embarrassed for you.

I understand your reaction. I had a similar feeling when you expressed outrage over people praying for the children on your ward.

Refresh my memory?

Your comments on that issue have always stuck with me as if seared into my brain. They tend to be some of my first thoughts anytime I see a sick child in the hospital or when I see a chaplain walking the halls. I have to say that those words had an effect on me - I don't think I'll ever forget em.

I just watched this, you were the first person I thought about.

https://youtu.be/cuE3y53hoJM

normiss

How many Syrians are you willing to accept into your community?
From the news the past few days, we're getting a lot more.

Good question. If they are Christian Syrians there will be no problem. All will be welcome.

Here is what they are up against.

http://dfcs.dhs.georgia.gov/refugee-resettlement

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/miltia-group-plans-protest-over-mosque-in-newton-county/317977748

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/special-reports/2-investigates-compounds-accused-terror-georgia/53861142

BHO's agenda includes creating chaos within. We are one bad election away from losing America.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I believe He is doing it. That is, offering Holy Spirit guidance to the believing Christians.

Why would people who are believing Christians need divine intervention. The last time he was here his goal was to help the non-believers.

Our command is to go into the world preach the gospel and make disciples.

And condemn on Earth those who won't convert?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

I believe He is doing it. That is, offering Holy Spirit guidance to the believing Christians.

Why would people who are believing Christians need divine intervention. The last time he was here his goal was to help the non-believers.
****You are starting to get a hang of it. Now you sound like one of the condemned who mocked Jesus at the cross.

And condemn on Earth those who won't convert?

****You have condemned yourself. God has given us all a freewill. The rest belongs to mankind.

You sound quite bitter about this. There is no point mocking a brick.

There is still lots of time to learn it..

DJL

Same question to you. What would Jesus do about Aleppo?

What would he do about cancer?

What would he do about the weather?

What would he do about the stock market?

What would be do about ALS?

What would be do about people getting unfairly grounded?

Why did he not help me more to get into first team when I was the young and promising soccer star? It definitely made me sad, miserable and regretful for years.

Is Aleppo now, some kind of special misery that warrants divine intervention ahead of the above mentioned?

Render to Caesar what belongs to him. The rest is God's. You go and take care of Aleppo and God will take care of me..

Finally, what would he do about the place I was at three days ago, where there was a car accident two hours after I left.

Looks like we have a closet Calvinist among the rejecters here ;)

There is still lots of time to learn it..

He's been on quite an Odyssey. Now please can we get back to our Civic discussion of the state of the US race? Some of us are out of our Element with all this wordplay....

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Is Aleppo now, some kind of special misery that warrants divine intervention ahead of the above mentioned?

You missed the point.

You go and take care of Aleppo...

That's closer to the point.

Finally, what would he do about the place I was at three days ago, where there was a car accident two hours after I left.

Nope, veered past it again.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

headoverheels

***Oh sure, jump in as Pilot and Shuttle us off to some other Jazz.
You do Inspire us though, that's for sure.

I think Jesus will be avoiding Pilot this time around, but who am I to judge?

Watching all from the Ridgeline. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.