SkyDekker

Perfect American President

>1) Shovel ready jobs - I guess they weren't quite so shovel ready, "heh heh".

There is one about 100 yards from where I work. It's solved a lot of our traffic problems here. (Of course, that's a project in reality, and reality has a well known liberal bias.)

JerryBaumchen

However, it has everything to do that one is black & one is a woman. We just cannot have those type of folks becoming anything.

Jerry Baumchen

Well - Maybe to you. It makes no relevance, to me, the color or the gender.
I really see where you are coming from. Except it's polar opposite of what you are sarcastically calling out.

It's kind of like a presidency of affirmative action.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

It's kind of like a presidency of affirmative action.

My sentiments exactly. The policy does not work well in the marketplace or in government.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

>
69% of the world has a favorable view of the US. (Pew 2015)

Well someone has to say it!
If you believe that, you are absolutely dreaming.
I could travel around doing my own face-to-face survey and come up with a result that directly opposes that statistic.
But i'm not going to because i am a human, not a computer and cherry-picked statistical data has very little bearing on reality despite what media would have you believe.
I'm going off on a tangent but what the U.S. people (and the whole human race) need to wake up to is that nationalism is something we need to let go of.
The U.S. and many other countries are way too big to have a federal government.
It just leads to an out-of-touch, out-of-reach elite dictatorship and often war.
I believe in devolution of goverments worldwide and the breaking down of old borders.
But, unfortunately, for most people that is a hard pill to swallow because we've been brought up to believe that whatever country we were born in is "the best", superior to others and maybe in some cases part of the "global leadership".
People forget that a country is not a tangible thing, it is not something that should inspire pride in the way a family or group of good friends should. it is a human concept that creates separation, herding the population into segregated gangs.
Often these gangs are even filled with a lot of people who can't even get along internally, let-alone externally.
And sometimes those gangs get really big.
And some of those big gangs aren't able to treat other gangs with respect and become bullies.
So, back to the President question, the best outcome would be for the people to stand up and say no to both candidates and push for reform.
Will that happen? Unfortunately, probably not (this time).
The best candidate, in my opinion, would be one who would implement that reform.

P.S. sorry for the rant. It's raining here.

Jon26

***>
69% of the world has a favorable view of the US. (Pew 2015)

Well someone has to say it!
If you believe that, you are absolutely dreaming.
I could travel around doing my own face-to-face survey and come up with a result that directly opposes that statistic.
But i'm not going to because i am a human, not a computer and cherry-picked statistical data has very little bearing on reality despite what media would have you believe.
I'm going off on a tangent but what the U.S. people (and the whole human race) need to wake up to is that nationalism is something we need to let go of.
The U.S. and many other countries are way too big to have a federal government.
It just leads to an out-of-touch, out-of-reach elite dictatorship and often war.
I believe in devolution of goverments worldwide and the breaking down of old borders.
But, unfortunately, for most people that is a hard pill to swallow because we've been brought up to believe that whatever country we were born in is "the best", superior to others and maybe in some cases part of the "global leadership".
People forget that a country is not a tangible thing, it is not something that should inspire pride in the way a family or group of good friends should. it is a human concept that creates separation, herding the population into segregated gangs.
Often these gangs are even filled with a lot of people who can't even get along internally, let-alone externally.
And sometimes those gangs get really big.
And some of those big gangs aren't able to treat other gangs with respect and become bullies.
So, back to the President question, the best outcome would be for the people to stand up and say no to both candidates and push for reform.
Will that happen? Unfortunately, probably not (this time).
The best candidate, in my opinion, would be one who would implement that reform.

P.S. sorry for the rant. It's raining here.

HOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FUCKKKKKKK - Bill, you just got out liberaled!!!!!!!!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

quade

Turtle, that's not liberal; that's anarchist.

It's a mix of common sense post-colonial perception and libertarianism.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

quade

It's the description of a one world government

turtlespeed

It's the description of a NO world government.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

It's the description of a NO world government.

No - the implication is that individual governments are bad, not that ANY government is bad.

You can't fight this one.

Bill got out liberaled - so did you and some others - it's ok - you can't win them all.

quade

Except I'm not seeing where he's suggesting any government rise from the ashes of his "devolution of governments worldwide."

I'm not seeing where he's suggesting an apocalyptic anarchistic society either.

turtlespeed

***Except I'm not seeing where he's suggesting any government rise from the ashes of his "devolution of governments worldwide."

See quote in my previous comments or here, I'll quote it again for you.

You can't do that without anarchy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>I could travel around doing my own face-to-face survey and come up with a result
>that directly opposes that statistic.

Sure you could. In Paris you would find a lot of people who dislike the US. But try the north of France (say around Metz, or anywhere outside Paris basically) and you'd see the results indicated in the poll.

Paris is not France, just as Washington, DC (or New York City) is not the US.

>But i'm not going to because i am a human, not a computer and cherry-picked
>statistical data has very little bearing on reality despite what media would have
>you believe.

Humans travel; computers do not. Like I said, go to Metz (or Cannes, or Gap) and do your "human thing." Talk to people. You'll find people who think the US is generally OK, although they have specific problems with what we do.

Polls gather data on large segments of the population. They generally are pretty accurate if they are done well, and organizations like Pew generally do polls pretty well. That's supported by the science of statistics.

>The U.S. and many other countries are way too big to have a federal government.

I am all for reducing the power of the federal government, in part to reduce the incidence of war.

>So, back to the President question, the best outcome would be for the people to
>stand up and say no to both candidates and push for reform.

That would be great - and is why I am voting for Gary Johnson.

If i was to go almost anywhere, i'm sure i would find a majority of people who have nothing but good things to say about Americans as individuals.
But i would think that if you ask people if they "feel positively or negatively toward the U.S." then it would be their opinion toward the U.S. government and it's image/actions that you'd be likely to find out.

So i guess it depends what Pew means by "global attitudes toward the U.S." and how they framed their questions.

Anyway, a poll's results rely, among other variables, on the participants selected, their willingness to take part, and the honesty of their answers.

Statistics can be so easily twisted to back any view that they are better left to the sock-puppets on Fox news and the like.

What i was getting at is i am more likely to get honest opinions striking up conversations than someone conducting an official survey. And if i collated those opinions, i think the data would show the opposite result to that suggested by Pew.

Cold-calling and trying to stop passers-by for an official survey will never produce honest results because there are so many people who would hang up or walk by.
I don't know whether or not they reward participants but that would open a whole other can of worms regarding the reliability of the findings.

Anyhow, i hope noone took my comment personally (including Bill - eventhough i quoted you).

And sorry to the OP for dragging the thread a little off topic.
I'll leave it at that.

(It stopped raining).

quade

******Except I'm not seeing where he's suggesting any government rise from the ashes of his "devolution of governments worldwide."

See quote in my previous comments or here, I'll quote it again for you.

You can't do that without anarchy.

Sure you can.

The CCCP collapsed without anarchy. The Berlin Wall was downed without anarchy -

All it takes is the people in the majority to press it.

RonD1120

Do you realize what you are describing is the first 3.5 years of the Tribulation Period in the Book of Revelations?

We are living the tribulation now. The Rapture has happened. No one noticed because God only found three people worthy.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

Do you realize what you are describing is the first 3.5 years of the Tribulation Period in the Book of Revelations?

The first 3.5 years of Tribulations involves the rest of the world kinda not agreeing with the politics of the U.S. Government even if they still think the U.S. Is kinda cool and would like to visit anyway?

Wow, to be honest I always thought Revelations was a bit more interesting than that.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

All I keep reading about is how Clinton and Trump are very poor presidential candidates. This got me wondering what people think would be the perfect presidential candidate. What attributes do you want to see?

No Mistakes?
Political experience?
Business Experience?
Military service?
100% Honest and how does one judge this?

I am not talking about policy or political parties, but everything around it.

Discuss.

“A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage.”

Of course, Hoover didn't deliver. Quite the opposite.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

SkyDekker

All I keep reading about is how Clinton and Trump are very poor presidential candidates. This got me wondering what people think would be the perfect presidential candidate. What attributes do you want to see?

No Mistakes?
Political experience?
Business Experience?
Military service?
100% Honest and how does one judge this?

I am not talking about policy or political parties, but everything around it.

Discuss.

I think we are missing forward thinking objective and scientifically minded people in your political class. Politicians are more about spinning the truth and manipulating others to pit one group against an other group and that this causes problems for us - since it affects how we see the world and each other. But more importantly it hurts future generations as our current politicians kick the can down the road for our current problems, forget about thinking ahead.

If I could select someone to be president it would be Elon Musk.

The problem is we cannot select just one leader we need to select like minded people for all the major countries.

I am so sick of politics (not just US but globally) and the kind of people that get into it.

I'd nominate Bill Gates. Of course, he's spent the last 20 years or so spending buckets of his own money fighting a variety of tropical diseases and otherwise trying to make poor people's lives better. That would automatically label him corrupt, untrustworthy, or just a freak in the eyes of about 50% of the US population.

Don

GeorgiaDon

I'd nominate Bill Gates. Of course, he's spent the last 20 years or so spending buckets of his own money fighting a variety of tropical diseases and otherwise trying to make poor people's lives better. That would automatically label him corrupt, untrustworthy, or just a freak in the eyes of about 50% of the US population.

Don

According to a TED presentation he made, he advocates reducing the world's population a la, the Georgia Guidestones. Some of the vaccines he is funding are accomplishing that end.

http://nsnbc.me/2013/05/08/bill-gates-polio-vaccine-program-caused-47500-cases-of-paralysis-death/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.