wmw999

Things we're looking forward to in this US election cycle

:)
Just sayin' there has to be something.
Like someone asking Putin to hack the IRS and show Trump's tax return.
Or Trump objecting to Hillary disagreeing with him during the debates.

This is one-sided so far, but feel free to add. Like maybe more about the DNC shenanigans (which are shameful).

But please -- lets keep it light-hearted for as long as possible. It's going to be ugly enough as it is.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm looking forward do seeing Trump defeated if for no other reason than to see how he reacts.

What excuse will he attempt to use and how will he somehow manage to continue to say he's the the best and a winner regardless?

Because, you have to know no matter how badly he is beaten he'll still have to do that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What excuse will he attempt to use and how will he somehow manage to continue to say he's the the best and a winner regardless?

Partly the boring old fallback of 'the media' - but I'm pretty sure he's also going to blame the american people for being too stupid to vote for him.

That's going to be awesome:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

quade

I'm looking forward do seeing Trump defeated if for no other reason than to see how he reacts.

Because, you have to know no matter how badly he is beaten he'll still have to do that.

Well, since he loves lawsuits, I predict he will file suit in every state in which he did not win the majority.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

I predict he will file suit in every state in which he did not win the majority.

If so, then I'm thinking he is going to be very, very busy.

Think he could actually win even one?

:S

Jerry Baumchen

On the Sunday morning news talk shows this morning people were making election predictions. Yeah, it's kind of frightening to think Trump could even win one state, but remarkably a number of people thought he'd win a significant number. Not necessarily win the entire election, but carry a number of states.

To me, that's simply shocking.
quade -

Hi Robert,

Not necessarily win the entire election, but carry a number of states.

Actually, I was referring to winning even on lawsuit.

But you do bring up a good thought; which I have had many times lately. Sen. McGovern only won MA in '72; could not even carry his home state of SD.

This one has me somewhat worried; so I'm not to place any wagers. Old age and caution I suppose,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) But I'm hoping for the biggest landslide in our history.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

***Not necessarily win the entire election, but carry a number of states.

But you do bring up a good thought; which I have had many times lately. Sen. McGovern only won MA in '72; could not even carry his home state of SD.

This one has me somewhat worried; so I'm not to place any wagers. Old age and caution I suppose,

Jerry Baumchen

He will definitely win the bigot vote, I just have a sickening feeling that the bigot vote will be much larger than anyone ever imagined.

quade

Perhaps it will be a replay of Romney's victory party, where he was surrounded by family and none of them could grok that he had not won.

That would be amusing.

Or a landslide, Goldwater style.

jclalor

***Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

He will definitely win the bigot vote, I just have a sickening feeling that the bigot vote will be much larger than anyone ever imagined.

He disparages the handicapped, women, people of other ethnic groups, people of other religions, a judge, a Gold Star mother, a Vietnam POW, indulges in childish name-calling and vulgarity, lies profusely, refuses to release his tax returns like every other candidate since Nixon, encourages violence... Yet he still has a firm lock on the bigot vote.

Yes, it is really disturbing how big the bigot vote seems to be.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

He disparages the handicapped, women, people of other ethnic groups, people of other religions, a judge, a Gold Star mother, a Vietnam POW, indulges in childish name-calling and vulgarity, lies profusely, refuses to release his tax returns like every other candidate since Nixon, encourages violence... Yet he still has a firm lock on the bigot vote.

Yes, it is really disturbing how big the bigot vote seems to be.

I wonder - do you consider Hillary getting any bigot votes?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Elisha

A third party candidate for the upset (one can wish).

But...maybe not so crazy?

Only 9% chose Trump and Clinton

Neither Hillary nor Trump getting enough electoral votes thanks to Johnson and Stein - and the Republican House waking up and deciding this is the time to knock Trump out and they overwhelmingly put in Johnson. It's the only scenario that avoids a despicable, corrupt politician, and a despicable, 'other'.

That and it being over no matter what.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I am looking forward to the whole thing being over and not having to listen/see the crap being spread on TV, Print, Dropzone.com, etc..
We, the people, of the United States of America are screwed no matter how it turns out.
But I digress, I think the comics of the world will have a hay day of fun with either one of the scum running.
Sorry, I think I just offended a shit load of people by crapping on both of the scum.....................dammit, I did it again. Back to the cave for me:(

jdkalou

But I digress, I think the comics of the world will have a hay day of fun with either one of the scum running.

Sorry, I think I just offended a shit load of people by crapping on both of the scum.

Well, you offended me, but only because you seem to dismiss the seriousness of the actual stakes.

A person can agree or disagree with either the basic Republican or Democratic point of view of the world.

One can not seriously equate the two main candidates as being equal threats to the American way of life. Clinton, while having some faults, is by no means out of the ordinary when it comes to a Democratic candidate.

Trump, on the other hand, is a radical departure from any Republican (or any other American) who has ever ran for the office.
quade -

>Trump, on the other hand, is a radical departure from any Republican (or any
>other American) who has ever ran for the office.

But that's what's so great about him! You never know what he's going to do or say. One day he's asking Russia to hack into US servers, the next day he's claiming that Putin didn't invade Crimea. One day he's promoting his wife and advocating for family values, the next day he's dumping her for a 21 year old starlet.

It's like a reality show, except it's real.

[paraphrase] I didn't lose; I won for the American people!! My campaign brought to light some important issues that now have to be addressed by the politico's in Washington. That's the art of being a great negotiator - to win even when people think you lost. We won.. All of America won because I ran. [/paraphrase]

How'd I do? ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Paul,

a radical departure from any Republican (or any other American) who has ever ran for the office.

Hmmm; George Wallace 1968????????

Nope.

Wallace didn't run as either a Democrat or Republican, nor did he ever actually intend on winning in 1968. I'll admit some have theorized this was also Trump's intention. However Wallace ran as an intentional 3rd party spoiler candidate for his newly formed American Independent Party and hoping to leverage it to simply gain power, not actually win the Oval.

Additionally, Wallace had experience as a politician. As detestable as some (most?) of his positions where, you knew he wasn't just making them up as he was going along. He had a history.
quade -

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

I predict he will file suit in every state in which he did not win the majority.

If so, then I'm thinking he is going to be very, very busy.

I can't foresee him winning less than 15 Red states - they'd pick Satan over Clinton, and HC keeps supplying more ammunition to them. 15 blue states would pick Clinton over Jesus.

It seems that his underfunded campaign is only going to focus on Ohio, Penn, Florida, and (?) North Carolina where it can swing either direction and whose EC votes he needs to have a shot.

I really feel sorry for people in Ohio who watch TV without using a DVR.