rushmc

“You say shit like that, and then people will buy into it.”

kelpdiver

Statements of intent from who? Clinton is not Feinstein. Clinton is not Sugarman. Clinton is not Cuomo. I'm going to give you enough credit that I'll assume you are aware of that. (And hey, by the way, Obama isn't any of those people either! Crazy how the world works, right?)

I'm going to go out on a tiny limb and suggest that Hillary and Bill are fairly aligned on policy. The Clinton Administration leaned on S&W. Cuomo represented the Clinton Adminstration (HUD) at the time. And I can't think of any time that she deviated from the New York contingent (Schumer, Spitzer) during her time as a carpetbagger.

H Clinton has been one of the most pandering, even by politician standards, Pretty much since that cookies remarks in 1991.

And what exactly does that have to do with her personally wanting to ban all guns?

Just cause you don't like her, doesn't mean you can ascribe all your silly fears to her. The fact so many Americans think that walking around with some object has anything to do with freedom is stupid enough.

kelpdiver

I'm going to go out on a tiny limb and suggest that Hillary and Bill are fairly aligned on policy. The Clinton Administration leaned on S&W. Cuomo represented the Clinton Adminstration (HUD) at the time. And I can't think of any time that she deviated from the New York contingent (Schumer, Spitzer) during her time as a carpetbagger.

So your basing your statement on the twin planks that all employees share the same thoughts as their employers, and all husbands and wives agree on all issues?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

... and all husbands and wives agree on all issues?

Of course they do:

My wife's choices:

1: Hillary
2: Hillary
3. Hillary
4. Hillary

My choices:

1: Bernie
2: Johnson
3: Hillary
Never: Trump
Even less than never: Cruz

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

jakee

So your basing your statement on the twin planks that all employees share the same thoughts as their employers, and all husbands and wives agree on all issues?

You know, it's people's refusal to avoid straw man arguments that was a considerable factor in saying Fuck it to the time wasted here. Have you devolved to be one of those people?

Members of the Executive Branch act out the policy of their President. If they deviate, they do it quietly. On that subject, Clinton campaigned for TPP as Obama supports it. Now she at least says she opposes it, either because that is her belief, or because of Sander's popularity. So terrible choice for you, Jake - if she supported TPP to support her boss, then that affirms my assertion that Cuomo represented BC's policy objectives. But if she supported it because she supports it, now she's a pandering liar, and McCauliffe already slipped a few days ago that it's exactly that, and post election she'll drive forward to get it ratified as is.

Again...if a GOP candidate speaks about the need for voter ID laws to protect against fraud, or abortion doctors need admitting privs to protect women, do you think they're being forthright, or do you read between the lines? It's precisely the same with Democratic leadership on gun control, based on decades of action and words.

You know, it's people's refusal to avoid straw man arguments that was a considerable factor in saying Fuck it to the time wasted here. Have you devolved to be one of those people?

You know what - at least when Rushmc argues from looking glass land it's because he literally doesn't understand what he's saying. When you do it I can't think of any other reason than you enjoy being a dick, because otherwise you're smart enough to know better.

You said that you know Clinton wants to ban all guns because a) another elected female democrat wants to and b) because a couple of guys who once worked for her husband said they wanted to. There is no way you can turn that around on me and say I'm being unreasonable for not accepting the absurdity of that logic:D

So terrible choice for you, Jake - if she supported TPP to support her boss, then that affirms my assertion that Cuomo represented BC's policy objectives.

Non-sequitur. Cuomo's personal goals above and beyond the passing of the actual law as written cannot be so certainly attributed to Bill Clinton, and they sure as hell can't be doubly transferred across to his wife as well. It's the democratic party, not the fucking Borg hive mind:D

You're not this stupid, so stop pretending to be.

My wife the MD is involved in writing templates for documents (for her company to send to "members") that by decree cannot exceed 6th grade reading level. Consequently she has been running her drafts through the Flesch-Kincaid algorithm to check on her writing level.

Out of curiosity I checked on the US Constitution and some other documents.

The U.S. Constitution is written at a 17.8 grade level, the Federalist Papers at a 17.1 grade level, and the Declaration of Independence at a 15.1 grade level.

I think that explains a lot.

kallend

My wife the MD is involved in writing templates for documents (for her company to send to "members") that by decree cannot exceed 6th grade reading level. Consequently she has been running her drafts through the Flesch-Kincaid algorithm to check on her writing level.

Out of curiosity I checked on the US Constitution and some other documents.

The U.S. Constitution is written at a 17.8 grade level, the Federalist Papers at a 17.1 grade level, and the Declaration of Independence at a 15.1 grade level.

I think that explains a lot.

It explains that people were much smarter back then. The liberal schooling has fucked THAT all up.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

headoverheels

***[
My choices:

So now that Feeling the Bern is over, are you feeling the Johnson?

Well, with knowing the dichotomy in the house - you know his wife isn't!!!:D:D:P

Sorry Jhn, couldn't resist.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'd submit that people weren't necessarily smarter in the Founding Fathers' day, but instead that they were a whole lot smarter than the average bear. And since lots of people couldn't read at all, they didn't have to write to the lowest common denominator.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I'd submit that people weren't necessarily smarter in the Founding Fathers' day, but instead that they were a whole lot smarter than the average bear. And since lots of people couldn't read at all, they didn't have to write to the lowest common denominator.

Wendy P.

In the late 18th Century most people were illiterate. They couldn't read or write either.;)

kallend

My choices:

So many have those first two choices: Mine are reversed, but the same.

Considering Gary and Bernie pretty much stand for exactly the opposite principles, it's a real statement on how crappy Hillary, Donald (and Cruz) really are to most people in the country.

More and more, anyone passionate about either Hillary or Trump - I just dismiss as extreme kool aid drinking athletes.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

http://www.dailywire.com/news/463/hillary-calls-total-gun-confiscation-just-ben-shapiro

In this video, Hillary dances around the real issues of the Australia gun buy back program but let there be no doubt, it's the type of program she would like to implement and it was a mandatory program enacted by the Australian Government.

Understand there are Aussies here on these boards and to them I say, if you like your laws about guns, fine with me. Australia is a sovereign country free to make its own laws and decisions.

The goal of the Left HAS always been confiscation. Whether it is done incrementally or with craven force (that tactic will end up bad for the Left and they know it), the Left wants no private ownership of firearms in the United States in spite of any kumbayah rhetoric to the contrary.

MOLON LABE

The goal of the Left HAS always been confiscation. Whether it is done incrementally or with craven force (that tactic will end up bad for the Left and they know it), the Left wants no private ownership of firearms in the United States in spite of any kumbayah rhetoric to the contrary.

As true as the right hates the families of deceased veterans (as demonstrated by Trump's comments last week.)

But please don't wrap yourself around the cloak of worthless virtue for may sake.

How and why would you wrap yourself around a cloak? It's impressive that you've got this far in life without knowing how clothes work!;)

Boomerdog

How and why would you wrap yourself around a cloak? It's impressive that you've got this far in life without knowing how clothes work!

If you wish to believe that, then i've done my job a lot better than I thought! Thanks!B|

Mangling idioms is a job?

I'd get in on that if it pays - old rope for money!

turtlespeed

***May?
lol

Translation:

JAKE and you have no rebuttle, so you will just make noise.

Rebuttle? To what? Are you saying you actually know what he meant? What is the cloak of worthless virtue, and how was Normiss wrapping himself around it? Or even (to be charitable and rearrange Boomer's sentence for him) wrapping himself in it?

If you can translate it into english, in what way was it a rebuttle?

I'd be careful on this one. New information is forthcoming.

Wait, are you implying that you have knowledge of some secret information that will make what Trump has said okay?

As a veteran how can you not be disgusted by his attitude?

- Dan G