CameraNewbie

speech plagiarism

turtlespeed

***Honestly, with the letter it ought to be over.
The media should stop focusing on that bit and move on to what the Trump kids are going to say today.
Ought to be far more entertaining.

Irony score <1000>

I'm not certain you understand what "irony" means.

What is ironic about looking at what Trump's kids are going to say at the RNC today?

Trump and the RNC is going to put them on stage (presumably without forcing them to). Whatever they have to say ought to be listened to and ought to be far more entertaining than continuing down the path of this bit of plagiarism.

Honestly, sometimes I swear you're afraid to let any comment go uncommented on regardless of how silly and trollish the first thing that pops into your head is.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

******Honestly, with the letter it ought to be over.
The media should stop focusing on that bit and move on to what the Trump kids are going to say today.
Ought to be far more entertaining.

Irony score <1000>

I'm not certain you understand what "irony" means.

What is ironic about looking at what Trump's kids are going to say at the RNC today?

Trump and the RNC is going to put them on stage (presumably without forcing them to). Whatever they have to say ought to be listened to and ought to be far more entertaining than continuing down the path of this bit of plagiarism.

Honestly, sometimes I swear you're afraid to let any comment go uncommented on regardless of how silly and trollish the first thing that pops into your head is.

You should probably click the attached image.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Then we discuss the war crimes from the last Republican in that office?
Speaking of koolaide.

I can not understand the outright hatred for Mrs. Clinton.

Of course you can't.
The koolaide prevents you from it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

quade

If your point was to bring to light the image, then why quote my post at all?

BTW, "Irony" still doesn't apply to the image.

I reached for reply - and hit quote by mistake.

turtlespeed

Irony score <1000>

SMH

All it took was one speech - ONE speech - now the left s concerned about honesty again.

If you are so concerned about honesty, you have a long line of Republican presidents to go through before worrying about Clinton.

Quite frankly it is very clear that your phony upset about Hillary lying is just a plain and simple lie to cover up your inherent dislike of the woman.

Now, that is ironic.

SkyDekker

***Irony score <1000>

SMH

All it took was one speech - ONE speech - now the left s concerned about honesty again.

If you are so concerned about honesty, you have a long line of Republican presidents to go through before worrying about Clinton.

Quite frankly it is very clear that your phony upset about Hillary lying is just a plain and simple lie to cover up your inherent dislike of the woman.

Now, that is ironic.

Nope.
Wrong again.

It's because of her lying and scheming and her consistency in back room deals that makes me dislike her.

It's time for change - change that was promised 8 years ago.

She is more of the same, only worse.

It's because of her lying and scheming and her consistency in back room deals that makes me dislike her.

And you think that Donald Trump, a guy who habitually cheats numerous small businesses and family owned companies out of large sums of money by using shell companies he can declare bankrupt at the drop of a hat would be averse to lying, scheming and making backroom deals? Really?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

And you think that Donald Trump, a guy who habitually cheats numerous small businesses and family owned companies out of large sums of money by using shell companies he can declare bankrupt at the drop of a hat would be averse to lying, scheming and making backroom deals? Really?

I believe that he knows less about how the system really works and is by default less of a threat.

turtlespeed

I believe that he knows less about how the system really works and is by default less of a threat.

So, you like your surgeries to be performed by amateurs and airliners to be flown by novices?
quade -

quade

***I believe that he knows less about how the system really works and is by default less of a threat.

So, you like your surgeries to be performed by amateurs and airliners to be flown by novices?

Non Sequitur.

And you think Trump hasn't done this in his business dealings?

How about any of the presidents leading up to this? Why is this such a huge issue for you now all of a sudden?

SkyDekker

And you think Trump hasn't done this in his business dealings?

How about any of the presidents leading up to this? Why is this such a huge issue for you now all of a sudden?

I want the system changed - This isn't even the third time I have said this.

Trump is more controllable by the other two branches of government than Hillary is.

You don't put a fire out with lighter fluid.
Electing Hllary would be just that.

If you want change - do something that will be the catylist for change.

The GOP MUST change.
The election process MUST change

want the system changed - This isn't even the third time I have said this.

But your reasoning is not to vote for one liar and schemer, because that is so status quo, but to vote for another liar and schemer, which you think is somehow different.

Trump is more controllable by the other two branches of government than Hillary is.

Why? You somehow think that a billionaire doesn't have established relationships. You think the guy who has gotten the nomination while resisting control from all normal political levels will all of a sudden be different? (and if he is all of a sudden different, doesn't that make him the liar and schemer you have a problem with?)

turtlespeed

******I believe that he knows less about how the system really works and is by default less of a threat.

Non Sequitur.

You're not having much luck with your dictionary today.

They are directly analogous as they are jobs which actually do require a bit of experience so as to not injure people or worse cause massive amounts of destruction.

The Oval Office pretty much has to be run by a person with some amount of experience in government. I know you don't like the idea and I know you want to shake things up in Washington, but handing the keys to a complete novice is not the way to go about it.

Whether you like it or not, whether you think Hillary is a liar or not, Hillary Clinton is by far one of the most experienced people to ever run for the office.

Trump, on the other hand, has exactly zero experience in the area.
quade -

The Republicans currently control both houses but they're more likely to check the Republican than the Democrat?

And sure, congress could swing back the other way but if the GOP loses control of either house it'll probably be because of the blowback from nominating Trump in the first place!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

The Republicans currently control both houses but they're more likely to check the Republican than the Democrat?

And sure, congress could swing back the other way but if the GOP loses control of either house it'll probably be because of the blowback from nominating Trump in the first place!

I don't foresee that majority to hold much longer.

And to drive my point home - I think Trump has just said that he would leave the country running to his VP.

Seems reasonable to me.

normiss

I can not understand the outright hatred for Mrs. Clinton.

A little less than a year ago you were dumbfounded that people weren't taking seriously the security concerns behind Hillary's private server - that how she ever had a server at home was beyond explanation to you.

Was that hatred as well, or do you only use that term when people disagree with you?

That Tryphorgetin must be some pretty potent stuff.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

quade

They are directly analogous as they are jobs which actually do require a bit of experience so as to not injure people or worse cause massive amounts of destruction.

The Oval Office pretty much has to be run by a person with some amount of experience in government. I know you don't like the idea and I know you want to shake things up in Washington, but handing the keys to a complete novice is not the way to go about it.

Not really. You can't fly a jumbo jet without many years of specific piloting experience. A flight sim pilot could manage the in air cruising and simple turns, but takeoffs and esp landings - no chance. Emergency situations - no chance. Layman have done simple surgery when no one is available, but the probability of killing the patient grows quite fast with complexity.

But anyone can (and has) been President or governor. The ones that lack experience either rely heavily on others (GW) or aren't all that effective (Arnold as gov of CA). But the nation or the country doesn't crash and burn, killing all aboard. It just continues along on momentum/inertia.

Obama was not sufficiently experienced when he took office, and it showed. And yet given a choice of him, HC, and DN, he would almost certainly be the choice of the people. Hell, he's likeable enough that Trump stole material from the First Lady.

--
As for this false choice of one candidate = good, one = bad....they're both terrible, and both parties failed the people. Clinton's actions seem to rise to a criminal violation, since lack of bad intent or incompetence is not a valid defense. In any case, were she merely a State staffer, she'd lose her security ratings for years for the civil violations, if not forever. This would require her to find a position that doesn't require clearance, or to resign. How could she act as President?

I had hoped the Dump Trump movement would have succeeded, and after the rather stark assessment by the FBI at the last couple years of lying by Clinton, I hoped the DNC might be forced to pick another. Neither were realistic hopes - history says that each has a better shot staying pat than trying to shuffle the deck at the last hour. And it's clear that she and Justice have managed to stall the matter long enough to get past November.

Should the Donald somehow win (I can't see how), I would put the over/under on impeachment at 16 months. He could grow into the position as the current President did, but his history doesn't show a man that learns from others.

I see you went with objecting my comments regarding the amount of research I've done.
Unlike you, I've changed my perspective on a number of things based on the evidence after questioning the narrative of the current news cycle.
Good luck with that.

kelpdiver

Should the Donald somehow win (I can't see how), I would put the over/under on impeachment at 16 months. He could grow into the position as the current President did, but his history doesn't show a man that learns from others.

I don't think that Trump would have a prayer to win on the merits, but they are doing an excellent job at the RNC playing up the fear and paranoia. He already succeeded in a huge (HYYUUGE) way in the primary, tapping into people who he will not help one iota if he is elected; he may be able to expand on that. He lies every time he puts more than 4 or 5 sentences together, never gets called on it. RNC will keep throwing stuff against the wall, trying to make it stick. And some will.

>Honestly, with the letter it ought to be over.

It ought to. But no! Looks like the Trump campaign found another way to stick their foot in it.
===========
Melania Trump speechwriter reveal raises even more questions
Jacob Pramuk
CNBC.com

CLEVELAND— The Trump campaign's attempt to put its convention week controversy to rest raised even more questions about federal election disclosures.

In a statement Wednesday, a Trump Organization "in-house staff writer" took the blame for Melania Trump's Monday speech that bore similarities to one first lady Michelle Obama gave in 2008. Writer Meredith McIver said she offered to resign, but the Trump family would not accept her resignation.

By clearing up the responsibility for the speech, though, the campaign may have stirred legal questions. The statement said McIver is a writer with the Trump Organization, not the Trump campaign. Federal rules define what Trump Organization staff can do for the campaign.

The statement Wednesday raises questions about whether the Trump campaign is following contribution rules, said Larry Noble, general counsel for the Campaign Legal Center and former general counsel for the Federal Election Commission.

"If she was providing speech writing services to the Trump campaign while being paid by the organization, the Trump Organization would have made, and the campaign would have accepted, an illegal contribution, unless the campaign paid the company for her speech writing services," Noble said.

McIver was not listed as a campaign employee nor did she receive money for speech writing or consulting in the Trump campaign's past Federal Election Commission filings. The campaign's June financial report is due to the FEC by midnight ET.

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
============

Any predictions? I see three possible outcomes:

1) They just ignore it. They get fined. They "forget" to pay the fine. (most likely)
2) Trump writes a check before midnight and postdates it to when she wrote the speech.
3) New press release - "McIver was lying! She didn't write the speech. It was this other intern who was totally working for the campaign. See, look at the heartfelt letter of admission she wrote."