normiss

2016 RNC

quade

***So MSNBC is now reporting that portions of Melania Trump's speech was pledgerized from none other than Michelle Obama.

This is going to be good.

To be fair, there was probably no way she could have written it and it was a almost certainly a case of plagiarism by the Trump campaign "writers," but FFS this is 2016, you can't get away with that shit.

Except when Melania was interviewed on Trumps plane before the speech, she said she wrote the speech with very little help. I actually feel a little bad for her.

jclalor

Except when Melania was interviewed on Trumps plane before the speech, she said she wrote the speech with very little help. I actually feel a little bad for her.

Well, that's part of the game. Note: one person's "very little help" is another person's, "oh fuck yeah, this entire thing was ghost written."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>It's funny that CNN and MSNBC are all over this, but there's nothing but crickets
>from FOX.

Are you surprised?

Let's see what they did say:
========================
Melania Trump and her introduction by the presumptive Republican nominee may have been the long-awaited highlight . . .

The energized crowd was still cheering from the speech former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani gave just moments before Melania Trump was introduced.

Melania Trump was the first of several other family members who are set to speak at the convention. She broke away from the tone that Giuliani had set minutes prior and spoke about how her husband plans to fight for the country and shed some insight on her plans to help women and children should she become the next First Lady.

"If you want someone to fight for you and your country, I can assure you, he is the guy," she said. “No room for small thinking. No room for small results. Donald gets things done.

“My husband is ready to lead this great nation…to fight every day, to give our children the better future they deserve.”
===========================

billvon

.......... to give our children the better future they deserve.”

Isn´t that great news for the children of Donald Trump?

But what is about the children of the rest of the nation?:P
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

gowlerk

I'm listening to it in the truck this evening. Driving through OH on the turnpike. All I can think of is it's all about fear, loathing, and resentment. Don't these people have anything good to say?

Too bad Hunter S. Thompson is no longer with us.
I would love to read "Fear and Loathing in Cleveland".:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jclalor

So MSNBC is now reporting that portions of Melania Trump's speech was pledgerized from none other than Michelle Obama.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Why mess with success?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ryoder

***I'm listening to it in the truck this evening. Driving through OH on the turnpike. All I can think of is it's all about fear, loathing, and resentment. Don't these people have anything good to say?

Too bad Hunter S. Thompson is no longer with us.
I would love to read "Fear and Loathing in Cleveland".:D

Despite seven or eight (I lost count) Congressional committees led by the GOP that couldn't find any wrongdoing by Clinton, the GOP still found people who feel that Clinton caused the fatalities in Benghazi.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

A lot of democrats are sweating right now. Removing Trump and replacing him with someone like Kasich could result in a GOP win. They're praying that this all goes away and they can keep Trump vs Clinton.

I know I am
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

***So MSNBC is now reporting that portions of Melania Trump's speech was pledgerized from none other than Michelle Obama.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Why mess with success?

From another forum:
She's already working on her inauguration speech.....'ask not vwaat veur country can do for vew'

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"We’re in grave danger

The lineup of speakers presented a United States in danger, threatened from abroad and from within, a once-proud nation on the very brink of chaos and dystopia. Six of the speakers were military veterans, including Marcus Luttrell, the celebrated former Navy SEAL, who bluntly warned that “the enemy is here.” A half-dozen more were relatives of Americans murdered by foreign terrorists or illegal immigrants — threats to the nation’s safety and cohesion that often mingle in the Trump worldview. Another was the former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, who likened the country to a circa-1980s New York in need of a strong hand. “There is no next election,” Mr. Giuliani warned. “This is it!”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/gop-convention-day-1-highlights.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

I watched for a couple minutes and had to start by adjusting the color contrast of my TV to adjust for all the wrinkled white skin.

Melania Rick Rolled the entire country. OR the writer rolled her.

Someone gets a bonus point.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

PhreeZone

I saw this one roll past my FB feed today: http://www.fitsnews.com/2016/07/19/speechgate-who-set-up-melania-trump/

It was Ted Cruz's team that set up Melina in her speech.... :S

Something else that has me curious is how the hell Stephen Colbert reached the podium and had a hot mic.
I'm thinking he must have had help from the inside.

That's the impression I got. Still not OK, but it's not like she cribbed it from top to bottom. She or someone else probably remembered those phrases, and didn't think they remembered them from something.

I'd expect to be downgraded, but not failed, if I did that in a paper. She has a staff; it's ridiculous for this to have happened.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Iago

I can't wait for the highlights to hit youtube.

You can't BUY entertainment like this.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/colbert-jon-stewart-donald-trump-trumpiness-042115875.html

The video at the top (wait through the advertisement) that autoplays.