brenthutch

Obama's legacy

jakee

Yes Wendy, I've got mine, and if everyone else got theirs, we would be in a much better place. It can be done, I did it.

Some can do it. Maybe anyone can do it. But everyone cannot do it. The system does not work that way.

Not with that attitude.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"

brenthutch

Yes Wendy, I've got mine, and if everyone else got theirs, we would be in a much better place. It can be done, I did it.

Some can do it. Maybe anyone can do it. But everyone cannot do it. The system does not work that way.

Not with that attitude.

Not with any attitude. While it is theoretically possible for any single person to be successful it is not possible for everyone to be successful at the same time.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

More on Obamacare from today! Just in the past few hours!

http://www.abqjournal.com/805999/presbyterian-pulls-out-of-obamacare-market.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2016/07/11/dems-fiddle-while-obamacares-exchanges-burn/

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/oregon-obamacare-brco-op-closes-leaving-8/article/2596139

"Oregon's insurance regulator closed the co-op late Friday due to poor finances, meaning that 15 of the original 23 co-ops have collapsed. The closures have cost taxpayers more than $1.5 billion in startup and solvency loans."

kallend

Since brenthutch makes it clear that in his mind it's all about him and anyone who doesn't make it is a loser, then in that context his response makes sense.

Hmm - and they say I should read the latest Trolling post. Fascinating.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

brenthutch

More on Obamacare from today! Just in the past few hours!

http://www.abqjournal.com/805999/presbyterian-pulls-out-of-obamacare-market.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2016/07/11/dems-fiddle-while-obamacares-exchanges-burn/

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/oregon-obamacare-brco-op-closes-leaving-8/article/2596139

"Oregon's insurance regulator closed the co-op late Friday due to poor finances, meaning that 15 of the original 23 co-ops have collapsed. The closures have cost taxpayers more than $1.5 billion in startup and solvency loans."

LMAO - Fucking Forbes quoting Kim Kardashian . . . Priceless!:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It just keep getting better and better[:/]
This from a few hours ago

"Illinois Obamacare plan, Land of Lincoln Heath is closing down after three years, leaving around 50,000 people without health insurance. The company lost nearly $91 million in 2015 and more than $17 million through the end of May."

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2016/07/13/after-financial-losses-illinois-obamacare-provider-goes-under

Sorry no clicky

brenthutch

***Pretty much what I would expect to happen. Don't worry though, soon Hillary will make the needed changes.

Why doesn't Obama make the needed changes?

As you know, politics is the art of the possible. Nothing will change until the system crashes down and it MUST be changed. That has not happened yet, it won't until sometime in President Clinton's second term.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

******Pretty much what I would expect to happen. Don't worry though, soon Hillary will make the needed changes.

As you know, politics is the art of the possible. Nothing will change until the system crashes down and it MUST be changed. That has not happened yet, it won't until sometime in President Clinton's second term.

At its current rate of collapse, it will be dead in ten days.

brenthutch

*********Pretty much what I would expect to happen. Don't worry though, soon Hillary will make the needed changes.

Wanna bet on that?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

So then, this is not a prediction? It is a report? I ask again, wanna bet?

Hi brent,

Our gov't. does not work that way. The ACA was an act of Congress, they are the only ones who can change it.

Pres. Obama could veto or approve any change(s) presented to him.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) ACA = Affordable Care Act

JerryBaumchen

Hi brent,

Our gov't. does not work that way. The ACA was an act of Congress, they are the only ones who can change it.

Pres. Obama could veto or approve any change(s) presented to him.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) ACA = Affordable Care Act

Guess it wasn't so affordable.:S

Designed to fail. It always was.

>So then, this is not a prediction? It is a report?

OK, so BrentHutch has "reported" that the ACA will be dead in ten days. So on July 24th, the ACA will no longer function.

We'll check back then.

Meanwhile he's in good company. Pretty much every republican prediction on Obamacare - that it would send the US into a recession, that it would reduce the number of people covered, that it would cost jobs, that death panels will kill your grandma - have been completely wrong.

A few others:
"This is the end of prosperity in America forever, if this passes. This is the end of America as you know it." - Glenn Beck, 2009

"There will be no insurance industry left in three years. That is by design. You’re going to make insurance unaffordable for everyone — which is what they want. Because if there’s no private insurance left, what’s left? Government-centered, government-run, single-payer health care." - Tom Coburn, 2010

"In the next 90 days, the Obama administration will have to declare victory and then abandon most of Obamacare. The legislation defies the laws of physics." - Victor Hansen, 2013

"This is horrible for our country ... an absolute tragedy ... It breaks my heart folks to see this literal tragedy happen to this country ... Obamacare is going to cost this country two and half million jobs minimum." - Rush Limbaugh, 2014

"Unless something dramatic happens, this may be the year of the health care law's collapse." - John Barrasso, 2015

The only real tragedy in the plan is the red states that decided to cut off their noses to spite their faces. I mean the ones that turned down the medicare expansion plan leaving many of their people without healthcare and costing their own state industries 100's of millions.

Hi Bill,

Pretty much every republican prediction on Obamacare - that it would send the US into a recession, that it would reduce the number of people covered, that it would cost jobs, that death panels will kill your grandma

I know a lot of people on here do not go back that far, but this is exactly what the R's were saying when Medicare was passed.

How many people in this country would vote to dismantle Medicare?

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bill,

Pretty much every republican prediction on Obamacare - that it would send the US into a recession, that it would reduce the number of people covered, that it would cost jobs, that death panels will kill your grandma

I know a lot of people on here do not go back that far, but this is exactly what the R's were saying when Medicare was passed.

How many people in this country would vote to dismantle Medicare?

Jerry Baumchen

I would absolutely reform it.

I have always been a proponent of national healthcare being an expanded version of Medicare.

Then in order to help the ACA our brilliant leader drained its account by something like 800 billion dollars. That was an incredibly stupid move.

I have always been a proponent of national healthcare being an expanded version of Medicare.

And that was and is part of the ACA. Except in some red states.

billvon

>Wanna bet on that?

Of course he doesn't. That way he can predict the imminent demise of the system again in two weeks.

Ok I sharpened my pencil, and it turns out that my ten day prediction was less than precise. With ten million enrollees and a loss rate of 50,000 per day, it would actually take 200 days.