ibx

Today is the Brexit vote. We have lots of bets going, what do you think?

It is uncomfortably close (according to polls). However as the "Leave" side is generally comprised of nut cases and the less intelligent; they seem to always make more noise - so I don't think it will be as close as many think.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

i think it will be remain as change is difficult, people don't really like change, so stuck on the fence, most will vote remain or not at all.

Like RMK said... The people that want to stay are more likely to not vote because they lack the fervor. That's the only effect that I could see that could cause the exit IMHO.

RMK

It is uncomfortably close (according to polls). However as the "Leave" side is generally comprised of nut cases and the less intelligent; they seem to always make more noise - so I don't think it will be as close as many think.

You make it sound like American politics in the UK. If someone doesn't agree with you then they are 'nutcases' and 'less intelligent'. The fear mongering on both sides is ridiculous and very irritating but don't undermine someones opinion just because it doesn't tally with yours.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

I look at this from a finance/business perspective. In my own non-scientific sampling, I haven’t encountered anyone I personally regard as highly intelligent/skilled from the “Leave” camp. I’m certain “some” exist, but I’ve not encountered any in either my personal conversations or across the table in a board room.

If the vote goes wrong, don’t worry about me bitching – I will be making plans to move to Switzerland over the next years (I’ll leave the years of pain to others).

...Yes, Switzerland isn't EU, but the UK is no fucking Switzerland.

If BREXIT passes and Trump becomes president, maybe, just maybe freedom, liberty and justice can be preserved in the western world.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

If BREXIT passes and Trump becomes president, maybe, just maybe freedom, liberty and justice can be preserved in the western world.

Great wisdom from someone who, two weeks ago, didn't even know what Brexit was.

- Dan G

RonD1120

Thanks Ron, you do bring the entertainment.

I'm here for amusement, not socio-economic discourse.

I think (hope) it will mirror the Scottish referendum, seems neck and neck because the 'change' side contains more zealots and is therefore louder, but come the polling booth the calmer majority of 'status quo' voters will be revealed.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Just voted a couple hours ago. I’m still amazed that even in central London in 2016, there is zero technology in our voting process. The people at the ballot stations have clipboards with printouts of the electoral roll for the area; they cross your name out with a #2 pencil and hand you a slip of paper (which you mark with a pencil) and drop it in a cardboard box – not a computer in sight, but it works.

jakee

I think (hope) it will mirror the Scottish referendum, seems neck and neck because the 'change' side contains more zealots and is therefore louder, but come the polling booth the calmer majority of 'status quo' voters will be revealed.

Had little understanding of which political side supported what.
But seeing the posts from you and others here I see it is the big government liberals who wish to stay.

I hope you all vote to get out.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

You're really going to make a serious political judgement based solely on wanting to do the opposite to me?

That's probably the most honest thing I've ever seen you post.

Actually?
No
I learned a lot the topic in the last few days
Being in the EU only supports big government and Elitists.

If that is what you want? Fine. I am more for the people and I think getting out is the best thing for the people.

Might it be rough at the start? Sure. Change usually is hard.

And you supporting staying is was just icing on the cake!
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

And right back into the dishonesty.

Nothing dishonest about this at all.

Just another dodge on your part.

See how you say others have flaws that disagree with you?

Damn you must think yourself important AND smart!

Funny shit :D:D
Abraham Lincoln

RMK

Just voted a couple hours ago. I’m still amazed that even in central London in 2016, there is zero technology in our voting process. The people at the ballot stations have clipboards with printouts of the electoral roll for the area; they cross your name out with a #2 pencil and hand you a slip of paper (which you mark with a pencil) and drop it in a cardboard box – not a computer in sight, but it works.

Does your vote count on a national level unlike ours?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jakee

You're really going to make a serious political judgement based solely on wanting to do the opposite to me?

That's probably the most honest thing I've ever seen you post.

Personally, I hope y'all stay with the EU.

That way you can understand what it is like to continue to be run by corporations and not your government.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

RMK

Easier to commit and hide vote fraud with computer systems.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

And right back into the dishonesty.

Nothing dishonest about this at all.

Ok, so:

Who are the elitists?

How does the EU help them?

How does the EU hurt everyone else?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

They wil do what they will do.

I know a lot of people have various opinions on advantages and disadvantages and usually with personal interests in mind.

It's not my place to say one way or the other.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver