normiss

Is America finally ready to talk about guns?

Jesus instructed His disciples to buy a sword if they did not have one. I'm not proficient with edged weapons.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

gowlerk

If one dealer won't sell to a Muslim another one will.

What a pure bullshit statement.
IF they pass the background test and all other requirements they will be sold a gun.

If they can't meet the requirements they will not be sold a gun.

the left runs around here all the time trying to catch some dealer do something illegal and they have extreme difficulty in doing so (never say never)

Your off handed statement is crap and anyone who pays attention knows it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

***An amusing meme

That's the third version of it that I've seen. You're late to the game, it's been going around for several months. Gun dealers are in it for both love and money. If one dealer won't sell to a Muslim another one will.

Ah, yeah, that is the first time I saw it. I'm so far up in the mountains that data pacs are hand carried.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Your off handed statement is crap and anyone who pays attention knows it

Now now Rush. It's only a comment on the meme Ron posted. You sure do know how to show off your anger.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

Jesus instructed His disciples to buy a sword if they did not have one. I'm not proficient with edged weapons.

He is reputed to have said this as well:

Matthew 22:36-40American Standard Version (ASV)

36 Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 And he said unto him, [a]Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second like unto it is this, [c]Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 40 On these two commandments the whole law hangeth, and the prophets.

What was the context for the sword buying instruction?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I could swear (quite skillfully even) that the jebus book says christians cannot consume the meat of a split hoved animal that doesn't eat it's own puke either.
It's rather confusing sometimes to say the least.

Personally I'm looking forward to our huge annual 4th of July party. I expect to smoke 3 or 4 Boston butts!

rushmc

***All religion. It's mental.
Funny when it's used for hate, like Ron's joke, when the joke is also on the religion he feels is the winner.
It's just insane.

they demonstrate less hate than you spew here daily...

Yahtzee!
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

billvon

>I could swear (quite skillfully even) that the jebus book says christians cannot
>consume the meat of a split hoved animal that doesn't eat it's own puke either.

Well, yeah, you have to ignore that part.

Only if you're ignorant.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

My refusal to be force fed a hateful mantra based in religious belief and you see that as hate. So when I call out the hate due to it being insanely religiously interpreted based on one's religious preferences, intolerance, and twisted understanding, you see that as hate as well.

This may explain a few things actually....

billvon

>And vegetarians.

So it prevents Muslims, Jews and vegetarians from buying guns - sounds like something that the right wing would support wholeheartedly. As long as there is no science test along with it . . .

Let's not forget the Seventh Day Adventists, fine God-fearing folk that they are.

TriGirl

***Well, it has the added bonus of keeping guns out of the hands of observant Jews, without actually saying so.

Wendy P.

And vegetarians.

And people with Alpha-gal allergy
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Without a legally purchased military-style rifle, he would've just been a guy standing in a bar. That's the fault of the FBI, which they even admitted today"

There are a lot of rumors about the feds trying to be careful of offending islam, and in doing so,not pushing forward with leads and investigations.

It could have been much worse if he had blown himself up with one of those explosive vest packed with ball bearings that seem to be very popular with jihadist martyr types these days.
Guns are not very good tools for mass killing when compared to explosives.
Check out the Bath Michigan school bombing,and then imagine the death toll if the perps second bomb had detonated.
Oklahoma city is another recent example of home built explosives effectiveness at destruction.
So how do you stop suicide bombers?
What happens when IED's start showing up at bus stops,playgrounds,hospitals,ect.....?
Remember how bad it was in northern Ireland when the IRA was having it's hay day,and they were not suicide bombers,being catholic and what not.
Bombs have always been the greatest threat in my opinion. At least you have a chance to fight back against a gunman,but how do you fight back against explosions and shrapnel when you are in the blast zone?

Has anyone found any sources indicating that the victims may have been shot by the SWAT team? There seems to be a discrepancy on when the first person died, 0205 or 0513.