turtlespeed

Holy Crap - The Irony.. .

RonD1120

******I can't believe you'd post that. Where is your simple sense of decency?

Because Ron now has a difficult task ahead of him. he has to decide which group he hates more, Muslims or gays.

They are both just groups of sinners. The Holy Spirit can and seeks to call them all.

However, sense 28 May, I've added semi drivers to my list of dangerous people since one tried to kill my wife and I. Therefore, I will approach them with extreme prejudice and caution until they prove themselves safe to me.

Ron, something tells me that at God's dinner in heaven you're not going to sit very close to the Lord's chair. Maybe they'll have a "kid's" table for those like you. Or you may come to find that you've entirely missed the point of God's word and find that you don't even make it through the gates.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

turtlespeed

How's that working out for you?

I wonder if it was a legally owned firearm.

FUCK - One extreme to the other. . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***How's that working out for you?

I wonder if it was a legally owned firearm.

FUCK - One extreme to the other. . . .

There is not a LGBT group in Phoenix officially supporting Drumpf or speaking officially on any LGBT group's behalf that is supporting Trump. That is a Twitter handle created over the weekend by an unknown person.

Coreeece

FUCK ISLAM! >:(

Leviticus 20:10 says that Christians should stone to death adulterers. If one guy went and did that?

FUCK CHRISTIANITY!>:(

A more accurate statement would've been:

"Leviticus 20:10 says that Jews should stone to death adulterers. If one guy went and did that?

FUCK THE JEWS!">:(

Christianity seeks to call sinners to repentance, not to kill them.

Matthew 5;17 debunks that argument.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Leviticus 20:10 says that Christians should stone to death adulterers. If one guy went and did that?

"Leviticus 20:10 says that Jews should stone to death adulterers. If one guy went and did that?

Christ simply said let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone. Once everyone left realizing their hypocrisy, He called her to repentance.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

Christ simply said let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone. Once everyone left realizing their hypocrisy, He called her to repentance.

No, that isn't all he said. You missed an important bit.

kallend

Let's see, my copy says:

"If there be one amonst you who is without sin, let them cast the first stone."

And lo, from the middle of the multitude came a stone that smote the woman mightily, rendering her prostrate.

Spake Jesus, "aw, mom..."

winsor

Let's see, my copy says:

And lo, from the middle of the multitude came a stone that smote the woman mightily, rendering her prostrate.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

kallend

Let's see, my copy says:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Stroke of a pen . . . Jesus said that?

That's quite interesting - considering ...
From the history of writing merriment a:

600-1800 AD

The Europeans found that writing on parchment with a quill pen altered the style of their writing. At first they used capital letters all the time, but later they developed faster styles with small letters. Quill Pens (firstly appeared in Seville, Spain) were the writing instrument from 600 to 1800 AD.

Seems like this is just another sample of the book being altered in translation and not factually accurate?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

King James version:

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Complete Jewish Bible:

18 Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah — not until everything that must happen has happened.

Disciples’ Literal New Testament :

18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, one iota[c] or one stroke[d] will by no means pass away from the Law until all things take-place[e].

GOD’S WORD Translation:

18 I can guarantee this truth: Until the earth and the heavens disappear, neither a period nor a comma will disappear from the Scriptures before everything has come true.

I hope this helps you to understand the book of ancient fables better.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

King James version:

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Complete Jewish Bible:

18 Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah — not until everything that must happen has happened.

18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, one iota[c] or one stroke[d] will by no means pass away from the Law until all things take-place[e].

GOD’S WORD Translation:

18 I can guarantee this truth: Until the earth and the heavens disappear, neither a period nor a comma will disappear from the Scriptures before everything has come true.

I think turtle was questioning the use of a pen at that time, rather than some other implement ...not the meaning of the text. But, quill or reed "pens" were being used by then. Maybe not a Bic or a Paper Mate, but a pen nonetheless.

winsor

'rendering a prostate' is pretty vicious

and if 'she' had one, it would be a bit confusing for the folks of the time also

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

muff528

King James version:

Complete Jewish Bible:

GOD’S WORD Translation:

I think turtle was questioning the use of a pen at that time, rather than some other implement ...not the meaning of the text. But, quill or reed "pens" were being used by then. Maybe not a Bic or a Paper Mate, but a pen nonetheless.

Just so long as it isn't MS Word.

muff528

Just so long as it isn't MS Word.

Well, they probably used Lotus or PFS. Maybe even Paperclip.

What? No Jellybean? Maybe they called it Marzipan then.

FUCK THE JEWS!"

My guess is that the original text was to encourage people who have had sex to light up a doobie. Some asshole changed the "stoned" part around and we're stuck with this bullshit.

kallend

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Right, and Scripture repeatedly shows how He has fulfilled the Law and accomplished what he set out to do.

John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

"Finished" has also been translated as "completed," "consummated," or "accomplished."

If you are seeking justification from the Law then you must abide by the entire Law. If one breaks any part of the Law at anytime, it's as if they've broken entire Law and are thus already condemned - hence the need for Christ.

The whole point of Christianity is to be justified by grace through faith in Christ. If you're seeking to be justified by the Law, then Christ is of no benefit to you.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour