JohnnyMarko

Possible terrorist attack - Orlando, FL 6-12-16

So a documentary on the BP oil spill caught the shooter on camera working as a security guard a few years ago: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/omar-mateen-appeared-documentary-bp-oil-spill-article-1.2674702
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

rushmc

Yes, I did

Yet another narrative buster and an example of how this incident is such a threat to the lefts agenda.
Um... I read the article. Total diversion. A columnist is claiming she heard the comments, yet no attribution for the speaker is offered. The comments section on the website is a perfect illustration of how many will take a report like this (with no attribution or corroboration) as fact as soon as it's published, since it agrees with their own agenda. I see no proof of any such liberal puzzlement here.

Sorry, JohnnyMarko, that this is continuing to be a forum for political finger pointing and name calling. My sincere condolence for the loss of your friend. It's really sad that this jackass was so filled with self-loathing that he had to make so many more hurt, when there are so many resources in this country for people to get counseling. :(
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Um... I read the article. Total diversion. A columnist is claiming she heard the comments, yet no attribution for the speaker is offered.

No, it's actually worse than that.

The quote comes from a column in the DCGazette (self proclaimed "America's best conservative new source"{sic}) by Vianna Vaughan. Ms Vaughan herself invented the comment as a parody of what she felt a liberal might say simply so that she could point out how nice Chik-Fil-A are for helping people even though they don't like them.

It's then been picked up by the right wing echo chamber and misrepresented as something an actual liberal said so it can be used to show, again, how silly liberals are. You can see the same thing in this very thread where RushMc imagined something that Obama might say, then used the imginary quote as a reason why Obama is ridicules {sic}, except these people have a national outlet for their nonsense.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

turtlespeed

******Completely agree.
I think that's why christians are so combative these days, they're losing and they know it.
We've had enough of their insanity.
I could swear we moved to this island for that very reason, but look where we are again.

I'm on your side in this argument but I have a feeling that "you" (the Puritans) moved to that island for less religious freedom and not more! ;)

Which begs the question of: What do all you Limeys do on the 4th of July.:P

There is no 4th of July in Britain. It goes straight from the 3rd to the 5th.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

>We will always fall back on the Word of God for salvation.

Well, from what you have posted, it looks like you are VERY selective in terms of which words of God you fall back on.

Do not judge the Word of God on my experience. Study to show yourself approved.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

kallend

*********Completely agree.
I think that's why christians are so combative these days, they're losing and they know it.
We've had enough of their insanity.
I could swear we moved to this island for that very reason, but look where we are again.

I'm on your side in this argument but I have a feeling that "you" (the Puritans) moved to that island for less religious freedom and not more! ;)

Which begs the question of: What do all you Limeys do on the 4th of July.:P

There is no 4th of July in Britain. It goes straight from the 3rd to the 5th.

The 28th of Sivan is a Monday. I don't like Mondays.

RonD1120

***>We will always fall back on the Word of God for salvation.

Well, from what you have posted, it looks like you are VERY selective in terms of which words of God you fall back on.

Do not judge the Word of God on my experience. Study to show yourself approved.

This isn't judging the "Word of God."

This is judging your interpretation of it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

>Do not judge the Word of God on my experience.

I don't. I judge it based on my study of it, and on the study of other documents written around the same time.

You can read Aramaic?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***>Do not judge the Word of God on my experience.

I don't. I judge it based on my study of it, and on the study of other documents written around the same time.

You can read Aramaic?:o

I can make the noises, but don't know what they mean in most cases.

I'm better with Russian, which isn't saying much.

billvon

>You can read Aramaic?

Nope. Nor ancient Greek. Fortunately, there are translations.

Kind of like in the movie - multiplicity. .. . A copy of a copy of a copy . . .

And this isn't even with Xerox equipment - it was hand written and interpreted by humans.

How perfect do you think they're were?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>How perfect do you think they're were?

Not perfect at all. The study of the translation errors in the Bible is a big part of Bible study. As a good example, there has been a pretty big stink over the discovery that the propehcy in Isaiah 7:14 originally used the Hebrew word for "young woman" rather than "virgin." And that would change things quite considerably.

billvon

>How perfect do you think they're were?

Not perfect at all. The study of the translation errors in the Bible is a big part of Bible study. As a good example, there has been a pretty big stink over the discovery that the propehcy in Isaiah 7:14 originally used the Hebrew word for "young woman" rather than "virgin." And that would change things quite considerably.

It certainly would affect the way the catholic priests treat the younger devout.

ryoder

OK but, serious question, what was anyone supposed to do about that?

15 years ago, when he was a child, he cheered for Al Qaeda. OK, so what happens then?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

OK but, serious question, what was anyone supposed to do about that?

15 years ago, when he was a child, he cheered for Al Qaeda. OK, so what happens then?

First of all, you question what he is being taught that makes him happy for the 9/11 attack, and why.t

billvon

>First of all, you question what he is being taught that makes him happy for the 9/11
>attack, and why.

There are a few people who are cheering over _this_ massacre, right now. What should we do about them?

Investigate them and their motivations.

>Investigate them and their motivations.

Absolutely not! Why, that would be a WAR ON CHRISTIANITY, second only to the WAR ON CHRISTMAS in terms of its implications for the future of all devout Americans. O the humanity! O the violation of the First Amendment!

This will be swept quietly under the rug until such time as another extremist (sorry, Muslim extremist) kills someone else. At that point, the talking point will be "why haven't we been investigating these extremists, and who allowed this to go uninvestigated?" The answer, of course, will be Obama, who has already been blamed for the Orlando attacks.

billvon

>Investigate them and their motivations.

Absolutely not! Why, that would be a WAR ON CHRISTIANITY, second only to the WAR ON CHRISTMAS in terms of its implications for the future of all devout Americans. O the humanity! O the violation of the First Amendment!

If you look purely at the numbers and odds, Christians are far, far, far more likely to be investigated by federal authorities. (Not because Christians are any more suspect and prone to violence or fraud than any other group, but because there are more of them in the US, and thus make up the majority of those that get investigated and spied on)

So you might feel that they complain a lot, but that's just because there's so many of those damn Christians, that even a small percentage may seem ear piercing to you.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>If you look purely at the numbers and odds, Christians are far, far, far more likely to be
>investigated by federal authorities.

In terms of absolute numbers - definitely. Of course, this is because they are far, far, far more likely to commit the crimes in the first place.