JohnnyMarko

Possible terrorist attack - Orlando, FL 6-12-16

Which begs the question of: What do all you Limeys do on the 4th of July.

Nevermind that. What do Americans do on July 1st? This year both Canada and America get a long weekend out of our national days. The 1st is a Friday, and the 4th is a Monday. Hurray!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

First I heard of them.

You didn't bother listening to anything the president said after 9/11? You only started paying attention to presidential statements since Obama took office? Why is that?

Anyway, now you have heard of them, do they make you sick?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

gowlerk

Emotion, it's all about emotion. That's why he comes here, to unload his emotions.

Correct, you have been paying attention. It is what a responsible Christian does. That is express anger in a socially acceptable manner. Scripture says don't sin when you are angry but don't go to bed angry.

I used to drink beer when I got angry, whiskey if I was really pissed. Then I would often do something to make matters worse.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*** Emotion, it's all about emotion. That's why he comes here, to unload his emotions.

Correct, you have been paying attention. It is what a responsible Christian does. That is express anger in a socially acceptable manner. Scripture says don't sin when you are angry but don't go to bed angry.

I used to drink beer when I got angry, whiskey if I was really pissed. Then I would often do something to make matters worse.

Hmm, so that makes us your therapist.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

****** Emotion, it's all about emotion. That's why he comes here, to unload his emotions.

I hadn't thought of it that way but I can go with that.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

********* Emotion, it's all about emotion. That's why he comes here, to unload his emotions.

I'm happy to be of service to you then. Really.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

************ Emotion, it's all about emotion. That's why he comes here, to unload his emotions.

I'm happy to be of service to you then. Really.

With us at the helm, there may yet be hope.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

billvon

>and laugh out loud

Everyone has different reactions to tragedies like this. Haven't seen "laugh out loud" before. But to each their own.

Traditional BillVon spin.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

turtlespeed

******Completely agree.
I think that's why christians are so combative these days, they're losing and they know it.
We've had enough of their insanity.
I could swear we moved to this island for that very reason, but look where we are again.

I'm on your side in this argument but I have a feeling that "you" (the Puritans) moved to that island for less religious freedom and not more! ;)

Which begs the question of: What do all you Limeys do on the 4th of July.:P

Down a few pints and mutter "Damn Americans" :P

rushmc

***>and laugh out loud

Everyone has different reactions to tragedies like this. Haven't seen "laugh out loud" before. But to each their own.

Traditional BillVon spin.....

No spin required - it IS what YOU wrote.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

None that I know or me would praise the massacre. Last Sunday one of our more mature ladies at church was in tears. All those souls including Mateen were condemned to hell for eternity. She keep saying we need to prostrate ourselves in prayer for the salvation of those in Islam and the gay lifestyle.

condemned to hell for eternity

I would suggest that a more Christian thing to do would simply be to pray for them, and not assume what God has decided.

That "we know because we're special" approach is as inaccurate as it is unbecoming. How one can presume to know the thoughts of an almighty, who operates on a plane and dimension that we cannot understand, is beyond me.

Any single group's interpretation of the Bible is as suspect as any other's. Because it's still done by people.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It would be foolhardy for me to present your opinion in my church. We will always fall back on the Word of God for salvation.

RonD1120

It would be foolhardy for me to present your opinion in my church. We will always fall back on the Word of God for salvation.

Which version of the the word?

It would be foolhardy to say, "We should pray for those people, their eternal soul is in God's hands now."

You have to say that they are condemned to eternal hellfire, even though that's usurping the power of God. You should read your book again.

- Dan G

DanG

It would be foolhardy to say, "We should pray for those people, their eternal soul is in God's hands now."

You have to say that they are condemned to eternal hellfire, even though that's usurping the power of God. You should read your book again.

But...

But...

Then he wouldn't be able to judge and condemn people. Then he wouldn't be able to feel superior to them.

You want to take away all the fun.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wmw999

Any single group's interpretation of the Bible is as suspect as any other's. Because it's still done by people

RonD1120

We will always fall back on the Word of God for salvation.

seriously, the absolute level of irony in this post made me snort so loud that people are asking me at work if I'm choking

c'mon - you HAVE to have been trying to help Wendy make her point. No one else could have done as effectively as this exact post. period. this had to be on purpose

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The lady wants to pray for the Islamic in America and the gays in America still alive. I like the idea. Same as praying for the veterans who are potentially in the 22/day category.