JohnnyMarko

Possible terrorist attack - Orlando, FL 6-12-16

Lots of articles from lots of sources saying lots of different things, so leaving it up to you to google it and choose your favorite source.

Shooting occurred at a gay night club, Pulse, in Orlando Florida. Death toll currently at 50, a lot more injured and more expected to be declared dead.

Authorities are saying the shooter was ********, a US citizen with family in Afghanistan and possible ties to radical Islam.

Thoughts go out to my friends in Florida. Not what I wanted to see on the news when I woke up. Makes me sick.

Edit, pulled out the shooter's name. Doesn't deserve the attention, and multiple outlets are spelling it differently anyway.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer:

"We are dealing with something we never imagined.
Because of the scale I have called Governor Scott to request a state of emergency and we are issuing a state of emergency in the City. This allows us to bring additional resources to support our efforts. Our focus in the coming hours will be identifying the victims and notifying the families. We are setting up a hotline for concerned family members - 407.246.4357. The identification process may take some time. We ask for your patience as we want to be accurate. I continue to be proud of how our community has responded." ‪#‎PrayforOrlando‬

>:(

This insanity has got to stop. Yesterday some idiot shot and killed ‘The Voice’ singer Christina Grimmie in Orlando.

JohnnyMarko

Death toll currently at 50...

Authorities are saying the shooter was ********, a US citizen with family in Afghanistan and possible ties to radical Islam.

Thoughts go out to my friends in Florida. Not what I wanted to see on the news when I woke up. Makes me sick.

I feel sad for the victims too. This kind of barbarity doesn't belong in a civilized society. Acceptance of and appreciation for those of various sexual orientations are the strength of free societies in the west.

After seeing events unfold over the years l'm more convinced than ever that Islam is a cancer that is 100% incompatible with liberal values -- and say that boldly and proudly even at the risk of being perceived as intolerant by my fellow liberals.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

JohnnyMarko

Lots of articles from lots of sources saying lots of different things, so leaving it up to you to google it and choose your favorite source.

Shooting occurred at a gay night club, Pulse, in Orlando Florida. Death toll currently at 50, a lot more injured and more expected to be declared dead.

Edit, pulled out the shooter's name. Doesn't deserve the attention, and multiple outlets are spelling it differently anyway.

I hope you didn't lose any friends.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Based on the shooter's father's comments, the mass murderer simply hated gay people. Blame islam for that if you want, but hatred for gays is as equally christian as it is in islam. To me, it's just simple religious hatred for fellow humans.

normiss

Based on the shooter's father's comments, the mass murderer simply hated gay people. Blame islam for that if you want, but hatred for gays is as equally christian as it is in islam. To me, it's just simple religious hatred for fellow humans.

You were saying . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

Nope. it's ISIS.

Yet another page reporting the same:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/isis-announced-florida-attack-three-days-ago/

"UPDATE: Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) said the killer has links to ISIS."
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I think it was last year when a couple muslims drove from AZ to TX to attack an event but were thwarted by police nearby, that I said we were going to see this happen again and again, and some others on here dismissed that notion.

Care to revisit that notion? :|

turtlespeed

***Lots of articles from lots of sources saying lots of different things, so leaving it up to you to google it and choose your favorite source.

Unfortunately, I think I may have. He's not texting back and other friends haven't been able to say anything definitive.

normiss

Based on the shooter's father's comments, the mass murderer simply hated gay people.

I respect your benefit of the doubt, but the shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Blame islam for that if you want, but hatred for gays is as equally christian as it is in islam. To me, it's just simple religious hatred for fellow humans.

I can't agree with that when Christians aren't systematically chopping off limbs/heads and throwing people off buildings and cliffs as punishment for homosexuality -- in several countries throughout the world.

This article illustrates statistically what Muslims think of homosexuality in Britain.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

JohnnyMarko

******Lots of articles from lots of sources saying lots of different things, so leaving it up to you to google it and choose your favorite source.

Unfortunately, I think I may have. He's not texting back and other friends haven't been able to say anything definitive.

Damn.[:/]

JohnnyMarko

******Lots of articles from lots of sources saying lots of different things, so leaving it up to you to google it and choose your favorite source.

I sincerely hope that's not the case[:/]

Are you familiar with this club? Any reason why the guy would travel over 100 miles from Ft. Pierce to attack this particular club. I'm sure he passed by many other LGBT clubs on the way and probably more than a few in Orlando, some of which might have been just as large and attractive as potential targets.

Maybe he knew this place. (?)

nolhtairt

I think it was last year when a couple muslims drove from AZ to TX to attack an event but were thwarted by police nearby, that I said we were going to see this happen again and again, and some others on here dismissed that notion.

Care to revisit that notion? :|

Did you mean to reply to me with that specific question?

I never really doubted it.

masterblaster72

After seeing events unfold over the years l'm more convinced than ever that Islam is a cancer that is 100% incompatible with liberal values -- and say that boldly and proudly even at the risk of being perceived as intolerant by my fellow liberals.

hey Masterblaster, please keep your chin up.

As I've posted many times in this forum there are 2 versions of Islam. Islam in it's self is compatible with the values the US tries to uphold. Radical Islam rooted in Sharia law is not.

Just like when people here keep saying "Islam is the religion of peace" and I tell them "not all of it" I have to say that when people say "Islam is a religion of war" I have to say "not all of it" to that also. We can't judge everyone by the actions of a few.

With that said, we must also remain vigilant. For those of you that missed it, there was another attempted attack at the Gay Pride festival in Las Angeles.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

I've heard some reports that this may coincide with Islamic holiday of Ramadan.

Now is not the time for political correctness. If you see something, say something... and to all, be safe.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

JohnnyMarko

I hope you get a hold of your friend. They may just be at the hospital with out their phone. I'm not sure what else to say this hurts.
live and let live

JohnnyMarko

I hpoe and pray you get good news.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Didn't the FBI say they have nothing to show that other than his 911 call?
How is that different from the christian idiot that attacked the abortion center screaming about religion?
Religious terrorism sure smells the same no matter which invisible loony one follows.

Christians obviously aren't quite that violent towards LGBT, in recent years anyway.
They just pass laws blocking them from all sorts of rights and access, same way blacks were treated, and to some degree, still are. I don't think they'd get away with dropping people in acid in the US.

masterblaster72

I respect your benefit of the doubt, but the shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Where is the "benefit of the doubt"? Isn't the act equally evil regardless of whether it was a terrorist act in support of ISIS or a hate crime targeting gays and lesbians?

I suspect it was a little of both. We seem to be dealing with a new generation of terrorists who weren't necessarily trained abroad and don't necessarily have close daily ties to ISIS--but who are nevertheless sympathetic to ISIS. I suspect this terrorist was sympathetic to ISIS but also brought a lot of his own personal hatreds to the crime as well.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

News update: ISIS, ISIL, Daesh and a dozen other Islamic terrorist organizations have been recruiting in North America for several years now. They are recruiting young men born into Muslim families, many of whom have never visited thier ancestral homeland.
The 2014 terrorist attacks in Canada were recruited by ISIS using the Internet.
Perhaps you have heard of the Internet?

Islamic recruiting websites offer direction-less, angry young men an outlet for thier frustrations ..... a way to prove thier manhood ..... a way to get laid .........
Islamic websites use recruitment strategies and recruiting films resembling recruiting strategies employed by the United States Marine Corps and the next hundred armies: become a man, see the world, meet exotic women, fornicate with exotic women, etc.
Few of these troubled young men were devote Muslims before they started reading ISIS propaganda, but ISIS recruiters offered them a clear and simple path out thier boring; frustrated young lives.

One measure of a society is how it challenges its angry young men. Does it encourage them to compete in sports?
does it encourage them to steal cattle from the neighbouring tribe?
Does it encourage them to slaughter the neighbouring tribe?
Does it drive them into petty crime?
Does it send them off on religious crusades?

Iago

That's actually a pretty good question. Just because it's a 'gay' club doesn't mean everyone is in that category. Plenty of straight people go to the gay clubs because they have the best music, good atmosphere, and really awesome cocktails.

Plus the whole renting a car and driving 100 miles is really out there. Plenty of soft targets in his local area.

I think this case might be a bit more complicated than either simple gay-hate or a religion-driven attack, although elements of both my have played parts in it. Gay friends, western-born but to devout Taliban parents. Something seems a little "different" about this one. Maybe just a bunch of speculative nonsense.

turtlespeed

*********Lots of articles from lots of sources saying lots of different things, so leaving it up to you to google it and choose your favorite source.

Damn.[:/]

I know I don't post here much anymore, but sucks to report I lost a good friend in this senseless attack. Fuck this. Total bullshit. I'm sick to my stomach.

Yup. Hadjii just LOVES to kill during Ramadan.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

What positive options is Justin Trudeau offering for Canada's angry young men? I respect his feminist viewpoint. But what does he offer for Canada's angry young MEN? The only positive suggestion you mentioned is to compete in sports. That has some value but only a small, small number will ever become professional athletes. What other options are available?
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014