quade

GOP web site is fascinating right this moment. 6/10 1313pdt

> I see no mention of Donald Trump at all.

A lot of republicans are doing their best to pretend he doesn't exist.

===========
When [Ryan] was asked about Trump’s comments on women — decades of calling them “bimbos,” a “beautiful piece of ass,” or saying their success on his show, “The Apprentice,“ was “dependent on their sex appeal” — Ryan could barely contain his excitement over shutting down CNN producer Deirdre Walsh, telling her that he wasn’t going to get into “the day-to-day, up-and-down of this campaign.”

In the immediate hours after the Brussels attack, Ryan was asked about Trump’s comments on torture. Trump has said, “We have to beat the savages,” and, in a call-in to the “Today” show that morning, he reiterated that he wants to do “a lot more than waterboarding.” But Trump’s promise to torture enemy combatants didn’t cross the line enough to warrant a response from Ryan.

“I’m not going to take the bait this morning,” the House speaker said.
============

Others are hoping he magically goes away.

========
"“Everyone is looking at options available right now,” said one anti-Trump Republican strategist. “The momentum seems to be on the side of fixing this in Cleveland. The last three days has been active, based on the past three weeks of what it’s like for him to be presumptive nominee.”
========

I heard Bob Dole on NPR this morning:

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/10/481501765/trump-is-on-the-right-track-by-toning-down-rhetoric-dole-says

"Some Republicans say, well, I can't vote for Trump. I have an obligation to the party. I mean, what am I going to do? I can't vote for George Washington. So I'm supporting Donald Trump."

Yet another case of: The party comes first, even if it means fucking the country.:S>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I thought everyone already knew that "the Party" doesn't like Trump or want him as their nominee. I'm not crazy about him either ...or even the GOP, for that matter, but I'd vote for Trump, or even a batshit crazy old fart commie activist (definitely NOT that commie Elizabeth, she's way too dangerous ...the other commie) before I pull the lever for Hillary.

muff528

I thought everyone already knew that "the Party" doesn't like Trump or want him as their nominee. I'm not crazy about him either ...or even the GOP, for that matter, but I'd vote for Trump, or even a batshit crazy old fart commie activist (definitely NOT that commie Elizabeth, she's way too dangerous ...the other commie) before I pull the lever for Hillary.

I find it somewhat hilarious you call Democrats "commie" yet you refer to the GOP as "the Party."

That's pretty funny right there, comrade.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***I thought everyone already knew that "the Party" doesn't like Trump or want him as their nominee. I'm not crazy about him either ...or even the GOP, for that matter, but I'd vote for Trump, or even a batshit crazy old fart commie activist (definitely NOT that commie Elizabeth, she's way too dangerous ...the other commie) before I pull the lever for Hillary.

I find it somewhat hilarious you call Democrats "commie" yet you refer to the GOP as "the Party."

That's pretty funny right there, comrade.

I referred to "the Party" (see the capital letter?) only meaning the "official" GOP organization rather than ordinary folks who are registered Republicans. The thread is about the GOP website. e.g., I happen to be a registered Republican, but I have little, beyond voting, to do with official Party policy, whether ideological or administrative. Neither I, nor other Republican voters have any direct influence over what goes on that web page. No dog-whistle code intended.

I'm not calling Democrats "commies". I'm calling two particular folks "commies". They just happen to be Democrats at this time. IMO, one of them is an idealistic, nonsensical, dreaming old codger who has no idea how to make his nebulous, utopian ideas work in the real world. The other, also IMO, is a hate-driven, calculating, extreme left-wing ideolog who has no pie-eyed illusion of a utopian society. Her end game is total control. It would not surprise me if she is already building the network infrastructure necessary to effect real revolution. Neither would I be surprised if the brownshirts who are sent to disrupt Trump rallies are being encouraged by her or her comrades while clueless Bernie gets to take any negatives that may (or may not) result from those riots. (truth be known, it wouldn't surprise me if "the Party" upper echelon was found out to be instigating the riots, either, although that is historically a lefty tactic.)

The other, also IMO, is a hate-driven, calculating, extreme left-wing ideolog who has no pie-eyed illusion of a utopian society. Her end game is total control. It would not surprise me if she is already building the network infrastructure necessary to effect real revolution. Neither would I be surprised if the brownshirts who are sent to disrupt Trump rallies are being encouraged by her or her comrades . . .

Yep. And Obama is a Muslim Kenyan Black Panther who is going to rescind the Constitution, declare Sharia Law, confiscate all guns and establish an Islamic Caliphate in the US right after he outlaws Christianity . . . .

I don't think that's going to work again. To paraphrase Lincoln, you can only fool people for so long.

muff528

I referred to "the Party" (see the capital letter?)

Yes! Specifically, yes. You even included the definitive article inside your quote marks.

If you don't recognize that as hilarious, maybe you should google it.
quade -

billvon

The other, also IMO, is a hate-driven, calculating, extreme left-wing ideolog who has no pie-eyed illusion of a utopian society. Her end game is total control. It would not surprise me if she is already building the network infrastructure necessary to effect real revolution. Neither would I be surprised if the brownshirts who are sent to disrupt Trump rallies are being encouraged by her or her comrades . . .

Yep. And Obama is a Muslim Kenyan Black Panther who is going to rescind the Constitution, declare Sharia Law, confiscate all guns and establish an Islamic Caliphate in the US right after he outlaws Christianity . . . .

I don't think that's going to work again. To paraphrase Lincoln, you can only fool people for so long.

I'm only developing, over time, an opinion by what I see and hear from her own mouth. Kinda like what everyone is doing with Trump. FWIW, I, personally, never really bought into the Hillary camp's attempts to disqualify then-Senator Obama as a foreign-born immigrant. But, since, for some mysterious reason, his college records are sealed, I do get to conjecture that he lied about his citizenship status to fraudulently extract public funding or some foreign exchange benefit for his education ...in much the same spirit as lying Liz did with her questionable status as a Native American.

Edit to add the "foreign exchange" bit.

quade

***I referred to "the Party" (see the capital letter?)

Yes! Specifically, yes. You even included the definitive article inside your quote marks.

If you don't recognize that as hilarious, maybe you should google it.

Yeah, funny. I know what I meant. I clarified what I meant. Take it or leave it.

muff528

Yeah, funny. I know what I meant.

Reminds me of this;

`Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.

`I do,' Alice hastily replied; `at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know.'

`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

`You might just as well say,' added the March Hare, `that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!'

quade -

quade

***Yeah, funny. I know what I meant.

Reminds me of this;

`Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.

`I do,' Alice hastily replied; `at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know.'

`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

`You might just as well say,' added the March Hare, `that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!'

OK, you get a few stars for a relevant reference to "Alice..." Very good. B| But, I did say what I meant. You simply interpreted it wrongly. I did google it, but I guess I never paid much attention to how the commies refer to their own party. ...and I only vaguely remember the movie, if that's what you meant.:D

muff528

... I, personally, never really bought into the Hillary camp's attempts to disqualify then-Senator Obama as a foreign-born immigrant...

I don't recall any mention by HRC during the primaries in 08 about Oama not being a natural born US citizen.

It did come from Clinton supporters, but not HRC or her staff.

I do remember thinking that it was likely a bunch of crap, because if it was legit, then HRC would have been all over it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***... I, personally, never really bought into the Hillary camp's attempts to disqualify then-Senator Obama as a foreign-born immigrant...

I don't recall any mention by HRC during the primaries in 08 about Oama not being a natural born US citizen.

I do remember thinking that it was likely a bunch of crap, because if it was legit, then HRC would have been all over it.

Yes, her supporters. But was she "all over" distancing herself from their claims or disavowing them? Encouraging them by her silence? (Actual questions ...I don't remember if she personally commented one way or the other about the claims.)

muff528

I did google it, but I guess I never paid much attention to how the commies refer to their own party.

The reason they referred to it as "the Party" (note definitive article again) is they only had one party. If a person was not a member of "the Party," then they didn't really have any status or voice (not that they really had a voice even if they did).

I could read all sorts of things into your use of the phrase and make all sorts of assumptions about how the right-wing talk show hosts have brainwashed up to about 50% of the populace into believing the ONLY legitimate party in the US is the GOP and who is not a member is somehow a "commie," but that's probably going a bit too far (although only just ;) ).

That said, what you said in your post was, at least to me, pretty damn funny.
quade -

wolfriverjoe

***... I, personally, never really bought into the Hillary camp's attempts to disqualify then-Senator Obama as a foreign-born immigrant...

Ummm... No. She and the majority of the people and press treated Obama with kid gloves over fear of being called racist.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

quade

The reason they referred to it as "the Party" (note definitive article again) is they only had one party. If a person was not a member of "the Party," then they didn't really have any status or voice (not that they really had a voice even if they did)

......other nonsense..........:S

That said, what you said in your post was, at least to me, pretty damn funny.

Yeah, I can see ironic humor there. But, thinking about it a bit, maybe I did subconsciously label the GOP as "the Party" with regard to the party's leadership (or "politburo" so to speak) acting in defiance of the wishes of the electorate.

Paul Ryan puts it best. "Despicable Donald may be a racist asshole, but he's OUR racist asshole."

I'm paraphrasing just a little, but that's the message.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.