skycop

Nah, this would never happen.......it has.

Ok..............:S

Do you think the world is a safer place now that cops have wasted taxpayer money arresting someone over something so petty as riding a bicycle on the sidewalk?

Forrest, meet the trees.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Do you seriously think, if the DOJ could have found a shred of evidence, they wouldn't have charged Darren Wilson?

I think their job was to investigate. You appear to be saying that the judicial system of the USA is rotten and corrupt from the top down.

Except, somehow, when it gets to your level. Then everything's A-OK.

There wasn't any evidence, so he was not charged DESPITE a team of lawyers looking at every piece of evidence.

They found plenty else. But you don't like that.

I have a bias against politically motivated prosecutions, so do most reasonable people, cops or not.

Except the dude wasn't prosecuted - so by your yardstick the DOJ are apparently basing their prosecutions on evidence, not politics.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jcd11235

***Ok.................:S

So you're not going to clarify the point you were hoping to make with the article? Do you think that article's an example of an arrest "going viral?" Do you think the world is a safer place now that cops have wasted taxpayer money arresting someone over something so petty as riding a bicycle on the sidewalk? :S
this is the video.
Do you think the officer should decide which laws are "petty" and not enforce them. It looks from the video she was going to just issue a citation until the kid escalated the situation.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

>Do you think the officer should decide which laws are "petty" and not enforce them.

Yes, they should make value judgments. Should he pull over the drunk driver, or the guy not wearing a seatbelt? Most police can (and do) make good judments over which behavior is posing more risk to the public.

Do you think the officer should decide which laws are "petty" and not enforce them.

I have not really looking into this incident and I don't have an opinion on it. But I do want to say that police make descisions about when and where and upon whom to enforce laws all the time, every day. No officer could possibly deal with every infraction all the time.

Ride bike on the sidewalk? I'll bet if a white woman had been doing that the officer would have looked the other way. Or possibly asked her not to do it. Not very likely would demand ID. This is what is meant by "white privilege".

I'm white, and I see myself benefiting from this all the time. When an LEO sees me, he/she sees someone they can relate to who does not look out of place. So they move along looking for something that attracts their attention. Where I live that will probably be a native person. After a while, these people get fed up with the extra attention.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Rick

this is the video.

Looks like a cop being a jackass to me. The kid could have handled it better, but harassing someone for riding on the sidewalk is petty.

I often break the letter of the law on my bicycle, even in front of the police. Since I'm a clean cut white guy, rarely is anything said.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I make no excuses for those Troopers behavior, being able to control oneself makes you a professional, these guys acted in an unprofessional manner.

Would you have arrested them for assault? Would you have intervened? Would you testify against them in a court? Would you discuss this with their supervisor?

gowlerk

"truthrevolt.org" ? Your sources just keep getting lower and lower.

:D:D

when you guys do this shit it is so lame is it fucking funny

So here

Pick your own source:D:D

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&q=officer+sue
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

last time I checked, many places have laws against riding a bike on the sidewalk. The kid here is at fault. He got in her face, was going to ride away. Wrong move.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

'doubt' the suit will be successful is not the same thing as the 'the suit will not be successful'...

Secondly, the prosecutor was out of line, and perhaps a lawsuit, even if unsuccessful, will cause her to think about her actions in future. It may also have the effect of causing people in her area to wonder about her suitability when her term is up...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

turtlespeed

You don't. You get justice.What would you consider to be "justice" if you're dead? Stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of your life? Bankrupted by medical bills?

Money can't fix everything. Often it barely helps if it arrives years after it is needed, at the end of a long lawsuit, and the lawyers take most of it.

Don

The most striking thing about that story is that it was the autistic man holding what the cops may have thought was a gun, but they shot the other guy lying on the ground with his arms raised.

WTF?

I don't care about the racial angle, the whole thing just looks like total police over-reaction and a shoot first attitude.

- Dan G

GeorgiaDon

You don't. You get justice.What would you consider to be "justice" if you're dead? Stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of your life? Bankrupted by medical bills?

Money can't fix everything. Often it barely helps if it arrives years after it is needed, at the end of a long lawsuit, and the lawyers take most of it.

notice he said 'get justice', not 'get justice for the victim' I really don't think there is such a thing really, it's just a nice quote. Justice is about protecting all of us from predators. And in this case, idiots

“And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.’”

the guy that was shot did everything right - the cops did everything wrong....everything

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

notice he said 'get justice', not 'get justice for the victim' I really don't think there is such a thing really, it's just a nice quote. Justice is about protecting all of us from predators. And in this case, idiots

“And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.’”

the guy that was shot did everything right - the cops did everything wrong....everything

Cops shouldn't be allowed guns.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>The most striking thing about that story is that it was the autistic man holding what
>the cops may have thought was a gun, but they shot the other guy lying on the
>ground with his arms raised.

Well, to be fair, the cop may have not had a good angle on the autistic guy.

turtlespeed

Cops shouldn't be allowed guns.

Billvon

I have to disagree with both of you - if he had a flamethrower, as you both are proposing, I'd still find the situation reprehensible. It's not the tool.

edit: upon further reflection, if he had had an "assault banana", then actually, I'd be less upset about the results, but still upset over firing it......maybe part of it is the tool, still mostly upset at the cop. That said, autistic people likely don't appreciate being covered in fruit any more than anyone else.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Cops shouldn't be allowed guns.

Billvon

I have to disagree with both of you - if he had a flamethrower, as you both are proposing, I'd still find the situation reprehensible. It's not the tool.

edit: upon further reflection, if he had had an "assault banana", then actually, I'd be less upset about the results, but still upset over firing it......maybe part of it is the tool, still mostly upset at the cop. That said, autistic people likely don't appreciate being covered in fruit any more than anyone else.

Where do you get that I am proposing the guy had a flame thrower?

I have come to the conclusion hat we need to disarm every cop except for an elite force supplied by the federal government.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun