jcd11235

"She really works hard. I think she does a good job. And I like her."

The subject was contextually about Trump/Muslims/Immigration.

You're welcome to do the research on Domestic Terrorism as classified by; Right & Left Wing Extremists; Black, Jewish, Christian, etc. and those shoehorns that fit you.

In the end, no one on my side of the fence is saying "No" to immigration. We're saying "NO" to illegal immigration and a process for using the existing or an enhanced immigration process - no matter which country they come from. We simply cannot have an open conduit; when we need a filter.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

In the end, no one on my side of the fence is saying "No" to immigration. We're saying "NO" to illegal immigration and a process for using the existing or an enhanced immigration process - no matter which country they come from. We simply cannot have an open conduit; when we need a filter.

No one is suggesting that we don't need a filter. His supporters were meant to infer from Trump's comments that we should filter based on religion, banning Muslims.

What you have done in this thread and others is make a BS claim about the proportion of terrorism on US soil perpetrated by Muslims.

We've long disagreed on issues, but I can remember a time when you at least presented academically honest arguments and I could look forward to reading your posts.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

No one is suggesting that we don't need a filter. His supporters were meant to infer from Trump's comments that we should filter based on religion, banning Muslims.

Well, based on region, 99 or something higher percent are Muslims. Point taken and maybe a list of each of the countries in that region would be more PC.

***What you have done in this thread and others is make a BS claim about the proportion of terrorism on US soil perpetrated by Muslims.

It was not a BS claim. First, when Kallend called me on it - he used the inverse statistic (and good on him). When Normiss called me out on Who, What, Where - I gave it to him wherein the facts were from the FBI website including the different definitions of terrorism.

***We've long disagreed on issues, but I can remember a time when you at least presented academically honest arguments and I could look forward to reading your posts.

It's because you're not peeling back the layers.. Academic research went into providing the information posted. I've noticed your posts of late are "Kallendish." Throw out an article or video that you agree with along with a one-liner followed by the rock throwing when one disagrees and even provide more information contradicting your point than all your posts combined.

Maybe we should both work on it.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

It was not a BS claim. First, when Kallend called me on it - he used the inverse statistic (and good on him). When Normiss called me out on Who, What, Where - I gave it to him wherein the facts were from the FBI website including the different definitions of terrorism.

It was a BS claim. In your "short list", where is the OKC bombings? Where is the SC church shootings? Where is the Joseph Stack suicide attack on the IRS? Where is Eric Rudolph's Olympic bombing? Where are all the abortion clinic attacks/bombings?

You can't just ignore the majority of US terrorist attacks, retaining only those committed by Muslims, and use that list to support your claim that Muslims perpetrate the majority of terrorist attacks.

BIGUN

Throw out an article or video that you agree with along with a one-liner followed by the rock throwing when one disagrees and even provide more information contradicting your point than all your posts combined.

Seriously? Do you think I was being disingenuous by posting the Trump interview in which he discussed Clinton, pointing out the drastic change in his behavior and rhetoric?

If you're going to hijack a thread with your anti-Muslim bigotry, it least try to be intellectually honest about it.

It was a BS claim. In your "short list", where is the OKC bombings? Where is the SC church shootings? Where is the Joseph Stack suicide attack on the IRS? Where is Eric Rudolph's Olympic bombing? Where are all the abortion clinic attacks/bombings?

You can't just ignore the majority of US terrorist attacks, retaining only those committed by Muslims, and use that list to support your claim that Muslims perpetrate the majority of terrorist attacks.

Okay I see the miscommunication here. THe only information I put out for the terrorist attacks were those defined by the FBI as International. Domestic Terror by definition is a whole other set of which you include the churches and etc. it's not that I'm right; it's not that you're wrong- it's that by definition they are classified in three different ways.

Churches, abortion clinics, etc fall under "Domestic Terror" of which there's another list for those you describe.

On a final note; let's avoid the PA's. We're all racists or bigots in some form.

THe only information I put out for the terrorist attacks were those defined by the FBI as International.

Well that was a dumb thing to do, wasn't it?

The conversation started when you said that muslims account for 1% of the population of the US yet are responsible for half the terror attacks.

International terror attacks have, by definition, no relation to the percentage of the domestic population that is muslim, and the ratio between population and attacks is meaningless.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hi Keith,

But large Muslim populations . . . are a problem.

Sorry, that is subjective. And, just where is this 'problem' at?

Polling suggests

Again, completely subjective. And as regards polling, let us not forget what polling told us back in '48: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_Defeats_Truman

Everything that I see as regards your comment about screening is completely subjective. I have no problem with subjectivity, but let's not call it factual.

I have no problem with prosecuting anyone who breaks the laws of this country. I do have a problem when 'those people' are subjected to things that they simply have not done.

Jerry Baumchen

Evening, Jerry

But large Muslim populations . . . are a problem.

Sorry, that is subjective. And, just where is this 'problem' at?

All over Europe and North America - https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/page/5/

Polling suggests

I have no problem with subjectivity, but let's not call it factual.

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/the-tiny-minority-of-extremists-argument-muslim-opinion-polls/

I have no problem with prosecuting anyone who breaks the laws of this country. I do have a problem when 'those people' are subjected to things that they simply have not done.

On this, we differ. I'm more offense and you're more defense. I get that. I have locks on my doors and vehicles for a reason. Video surveillance on the house with light motion sensors. When a female child was followed by a car in my neighborhood, we took action. One grabbed the license number, one called the police, another followed the car and kept the police on the line until he was caught about 3 miles away. Habitual sexual predator.

And, "those people" have not only "done," but have established a worldwide pattern AND as a culture have done little to police their own, but rather champion their cause. I do not want to wait for them to break a law to be prosecuted... because by then many are dead. Its a pattern.

jcd11235

***Sorry, that is subjective. And, just where is this 'problem' at?

All over Europe and North America - https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/page/5/

Oh goody! A Wordpress blog! Now we're talking credibility! :S

Well, since you didn't even look at it, then you wouldn't know it's "mostly" a compilation of credible sources (a couple not). At least I'm citing something, whereas, you're just emulating Kallend with your short jabs instead of citing anything of credible refute. But, then you might actually have to do or read something instead of spouting empty rhetoric.

BIGUN

Well, since you didn't even look at it, then you wouldn't know it's "mostly" a compilation of credible sources (a couple not). At least I'm citing something, whereas, you're just emulating Kallend with your short jabs instead of citing anything of credible refute. But, then you might actually have to do or read something instead of spouting empty rhetoric.

I did look. The first article on which I clicked had no sources cited. The blog's "about" page said they would not respond to requests for sources. Why would I further waste my time?

Here is an example of a credible source. Here is an example of a blog that does a good job of linking to their sources to make it practical to check claims.

Not sure what you're not seeing... Every article had the author and organization.

I quoted the FBI a few times, but more recent than 2005.

Loonwatch? You consider that a credible blog? That's about as left—wing bias as Rush Limbaugh is to the right.

BIGUN

Not sure what you're not seeing... Every article had the author and organization.

I selected a random article. No links to sources.

Loonwatch? You consider that a credible blog?

Try reading my post again, more slowly this time so you don't get confused. I provided it as an example of a blog that provides sources so that claims can be easily verified. That's really an absolute minimum standard considering the extraordinary claims you're making, don't you think?

JerryBaumchen

I don't even know what the topic is to just say this quote is one I agree with.

I can come up with dozens of issues, Dem and Rep, where this applies.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants