jcd11235

"She really works hard. I think she does a good job. And I like her."

Interesting video here.

"Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I’m a little biased because I’ve known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. And I’ve known her and her husband for years and I really like them both a lot. And I think she really works hard. And again, she’s given an agenda that’s not all of her. But again, I think she really works hard. I think she does a good job. And I like her."

-Donald Trump, 2012, discussing the prospect of Clinton running for president in 2016

Also noteworthy is Trump's civility during the interview. I suspect 2012 Trump is closer to the real Trump, and 2015-2016 Trump is a theatric act to win the votes of the dumbest and/or most gullible 51 percent of Republican primary voters. It will be interesting to see if the act continues into the general election campaign.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

aphid

***He just announced that banning Muslims was "just a suggestion" The move to the center has started.

What was that old saying?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Nope.

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

:P

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/6436-there-s-an-old-saying-in-tennessee-i-know-it-s
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

jcd11235

Interesting video here.

"Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I’m a little biased because I’ve known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. And I’ve known her and her husband for years and I really like them both a lot. And I think she really works hard. And again, she’s given an agenda that’s not all of her. But again, I think she really works hard. I think she does a good job. And I like her."

-Donald Trump, 2012, discussing the prospect of Clinton running for president in 2016

Also noteworthy is Trump's civility during the interview. I suspect 2012 Trump is closer to the real Trump, and 2015-2016 Trump is a theatric act to win the votes of the dumbest and/or most gullible 51 percent of Republican primary voters. It will be interesting to see if the act continues into the general election campaign.

LOFL

Ah yes
The typical predictable shot at (pick your republican) supporters!

Well done sir!

LOL
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

He just announced that banning Muslims was "just a suggestion" The move to the center has started.

You're twisting his words. His suggestion was to "Ban all Muslims until they could be properly screened," which ties in with the influx of illegals. To get back to a proper process of immigration instead of just a flooding of illegal immigrants without any background checks.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

You're twisting his words. His suggestion was to "Ban all Muslims until they could be properly screened," which ties in with the influx of illegals. To get back to a proper process of immigration instead of just a flooding of illegal immigrants without any background checks.

Nice spin. :S

jcd11235

***You're twisting his words. His suggestion was to "Ban all Muslims until they could be properly screened," which ties in with the influx of illegals. To get back to a proper process of immigration instead of just a flooding of illegal immigrants without any background checks.

You started it.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

jcd11235

***You're twisting his words. His suggestion was to "Ban all Muslims until they could be properly screened," which ties in with the influx of illegals. To get back to a proper process of immigration instead of just a flooding of illegal immigrants without any background checks.

He pointed it out well didn't he!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

BIGUN

******You're twisting his words. His suggestion was to "Ban all Muslims until they could be properly screened," which ties in with the influx of illegals. To get back to a proper process of immigration instead of just a flooding of illegal immigrants without any background checks.

You started it.

Seriously? You consider a direct quote, provided with a link to the actual video, spin?

jcd11235

*********You're twisting his words. His suggestion was to "Ban all Muslims until they could be properly screened," which ties in with the influx of illegals. To get back to a proper process of immigration instead of just a flooding of illegal immigrants without any background checks.

You started it.

Seriously? You consider a direct quote, provided with a link to the actual video, spin?

Please note, I was responding to Gowlerk's post... not yours.

riggerrob

Ask the Iroquois, Abenakis, Aluets, Beothuks, Chesepeakes, Cherokees, Cree, Dakota, Dene, Hopi, Huron, Inuit, Migmaw, Seminoles, Sioux, Lakota, Salish, Zuni, etc. what they think of poorly-screened immigrants!

You forget, I'm in the middle of Native American country. You know, that is just a sad reach back over 400+ years to attempt to make a point. Most Native Americans are proud of their heritage while being pro-legal immigration process. And, many, since your reach back into time have served to fight for the US. Ever get this way and we'll have lunch will several Presidents and/or Chiefs of tribes - You can discuss the matter with them. The influx of illegal immigrants has had a financial effect on their culture as well.

Your zinger was cute, but it had no zing.

jcd11235

Interesting video here.

A Tale Of Two Trumps.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Everything's great, fantastic, the best until it's terrible, horrible, really really bad, and then it's just totally the worst until it's really, really good again and everything's terrific.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hi Keith,

"Ban all Muslims until they could be properly screened,"

This comes down to what is 'properly screened.'

It is completely subjective. I am not aware of any Muslims coming into this country that have not followed proper screening. Yes, I am aware that there are a few here and there.

Trump's comments are purely IMO to stir up hatred; and it is working very good for him.

There is far more hatred of our fellow man in this country than any of us actually suspected. Trump is just bringing it out into the open.

Jerry Baumchen

But large Muslim populations, continually refreshed by ongoing mass immigration, are a problem. Polling suggests between a quarter and a third are not attached to the principles of the Constitution, supporting things such as sharia law over U.S. law and the use of violence against those who insult Islam. Nor is this merely hypothetical; Muslims account for only about 1 percent of the U.S. population but account for about half of terrorist attacks since 9/11. That means Muslims in the United States are about 5,000 percent more likely to commit terrorist attacks than non-Muslims.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/donald-trump-muslim-immigration

BIGUN

But large Muslim populations, continually refreshed by ongoing mass immigration, are a problem. Polling suggests between a quarter and a third are not attached to the principles of the Constitution, supporting things such as sharia law over U.S. law and the use of violence against those who insult Islam. Nor is this merely hypothetical; Muslims account for only about 1 percent of the U.S. population but account for about half of terrorist attacks since 9/11. That means Muslims in the United States are about 5,000 percent more likely to commit terrorist attacks than non-Muslims.

National Review is about as objective as Mother Jones.

Nice natural born American citizens murder 150,000 percent more Americans than in Muslim inspired terrorist attacks since 9/11

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

National Review is about as objective as Mother Jones.

Nice natural born American citizens murder 150,000 percent more Americans than in Muslim inspired terrorist attacks since 9/11

Both you and Normiss are correct. The data quoted in the National Review came from the FBI statistics. While you are correct about more Americans killing Americans (in other than terrorist attacks); the subject was terrorist attacks. http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2015/12/175512/fbi-says-94-of-terrorist-attacks-in-the-us-since-1980-are-by-non-muslims-2/

BIGUN

You might want to investigate less propagandist sources for information.

Here's the definitions:

18 U.S.C. § 2331 defines "international terrorism" and "domestic terrorism" for purposes of Chapter 113B of the Code, entitled "Terrorism”:

"International terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S., or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.*

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

18 U.S.C. § 2332b defines the term "federal crime of terrorism" as an offense that:
Is calculated to influence or affect the conduct of government by intimidation or coercion, or to retaliate against government conduct; and
Is a violation of one of several listed statutes, including § 930(c) (relating to killing or attempted killing during an attack on a federal facility with a dangerous weapon); and § 1114 (relating to killing or attempted killing of officers and employees of the U.S.).

SOURCE: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

A SOMEWHAT OUTDATED SHORTLIST:

April 14, 1972 (New York, NY): Ten members of a local mosque phone in a false alarm and then ambush responding officers, killing one.
1973 - 1974 (Oakland, CA): Series of shootings by a radicalized group claiming affiliation to "Nation of Islam".
March 9, 1977 (Washington, DC): Hanifi Muslims storm three buildings including a B'nai B'rith to hold 134 people hostage. At least two innocents were shot and one died.
January 25, 1993 (Langley, VA): A Pakistani with Mujahideen ties guns down two CIA agents outside of the headquarters.
February 26, 1993 (New York, NY): Islamic terrorists detonate a massive truck bomb under the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring over 1,000 in an effort to collapse the towers.
March 1, 1994 (Brooklyn, NY): A Muslim gunman targets a van packed with Jewish boys, killing a 16-year-old.
March 23, 1997 (New York, NY): A Palestinian leaves an anti-Jewish suicide note behind and travels to the top of the Empire State building where he shoot seven people in a Fedayeen attack.
September 11, 2001 (New York, NY): Islamic hijackers steer two planes packed with fuel and passengers into the World Trade Center, killing hundreds on impact and eventually killing thousands when the towers collapsed. At least 200 are seriously injured.
September 11, 2001 (Washington, DC): Nearly 200 people are killed when Islamic hijackers steer a plane full of people into the Pentagon.
September 11, 2001 (Shanksville, PA): Forty passengers are killed after Islamic radicals hijack the plane in an attempt to steer it into the U.S. Capitol building.
June 25, 2006 (Denver, CO): Saying that it was 'Allah's choice', a Muslim shoots four of his co-workers and a police officer.
July 28, 2006 (Seattle, WA): An 'angry' Muslim-American uses a young girl as hostage to enter a local Jewish center, where he shoots six women, one of whom dies.
June 1, 2009 (Little Rock, AR): A Muslim shoots a local soldier to death inside a recruiting center explicitly in the name of Allah.
November 5, 2009 Ft. Hood, TX A Muslim psychiatrist guns down thirteen unarmed soldiers while yelling praises to Allah.
September 11, 2011 (Waltham, MA): Three Jewish men have their throats slashed by Muslim terrorists.
February 7, 2013 (Buena Vista, NJ): A Muslim targets and beheads two Christian Coptic immigrants.
April 5, 2013 (Boston, MA): Foreign-born Muslims describing themselves as 'very religious' detonate two bombs packed with ball bearings at the Boston Marathon, killing three people and causing several more to lose limbs.
September 25, 2014 (Moore, OK): A Sharia advocate beheads a woman after calling for Islamic terror and posting an Islamist beheading photo.
July 16, 2015 Chattanooga, TN A Muslim stages a suicide attack on a recruiting center at a strip mall and a naval center which leaves five dead.
December 2, 2015 San Bernardino, CA A Muslim shoots up a Christmas party with his wife, leaving fourteen dead.

FBI PREVENTED TERRORIST ATTACKS
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/ten-years-after-the-fbi-since-9-11/investigative-accomplishments/terrorism-investigations
http://www.allenbwest.com/michellejesse/breaking-fbi-just-stopped-major-terror-attack-in-this-u-s-city
http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-us-authorities-thwarted-july-4-terrorist-attacks-351959

THE FUTURE
There are now between 22 & 35 US based Terrorist Training Camps.
Pick your source: https://www.google.com/search?q=us+terrorist+training+camps&oq=us+terrorist+training+camps&aqs=chrome..69i57.6879j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

BIGUN

Here's the definitions:

18 U.S.C. § 2331 defines "international terrorism" and "domestic terrorism" for purposes of Chapter 113B of the Code, entitled "Terrorism”:

"International terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S., or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.*

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

18 U.S.C. § 2332b defines the term "federal crime of terrorism" as an offense that:
Is calculated to influence or affect the conduct of government by intimidation or coercion, or to retaliate against government conduct; and
Is a violation of one of several listed statutes, including § 930(c) (relating to killing or attempted killing during an attack on a federal facility with a dangerous weapon); and § 1114 (relating to killing or attempted killing of officers and employees of the U.S.).

SOURCE: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

A SOMEWHAT OUTDATED SHORTLIST:

April 14, 1972 (New York, NY): Ten members of a local mosque phone in a false alarm and then ambush responding officers, killing one.
1973 - 1974 (Oakland, CA): Series of shootings by a radicalized group claiming affiliation to "Nation of Islam".
March 9, 1977 (Washington, DC): Hanifi Muslims storm three buildings including a B'nai B'rith to hold 134 people hostage. At least two innocents were shot and one died.
January 25, 1993 (Langley, VA): A Pakistani with Mujahideen ties guns down two CIA agents outside of the headquarters.
February 26, 1993 (New York, NY): Islamic terrorists detonate a massive truck bomb under the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring over 1,000 in an effort to collapse the towers.
March 1, 1994 (Brooklyn, NY): A Muslim gunman targets a van packed with Jewish boys, killing a 16-year-old.
March 23, 1997 (New York, NY): A Palestinian leaves an anti-Jewish suicide note behind and travels to the top of the Empire State building where he shoot seven people in a Fedayeen attack.
September 11, 2001 (New York, NY): Islamic hijackers steer two planes packed with fuel and passengers into the World Trade Center, killing hundreds on impact and eventually killing thousands when the towers collapsed. At least 200 are seriously injured.
September 11, 2001 (Washington, DC): Nearly 200 people are killed when Islamic hijackers steer a plane full of people into the Pentagon.
September 11, 2001 (Shanksville, PA): Forty passengers are killed after Islamic radicals hijack the plane in an attempt to steer it into the U.S. Capitol building.
June 25, 2006 (Denver, CO): Saying that it was 'Allah's choice', a Muslim shoots four of his co-workers and a police officer.
July 28, 2006 (Seattle, WA): An 'angry' Muslim-American uses a young girl as hostage to enter a local Jewish center, where he shoots six women, one of whom dies.
June 1, 2009 (Little Rock, AR): A Muslim shoots a local soldier to death inside a recruiting center explicitly in the name of Allah.
November 5, 2009 Ft. Hood, TX A Muslim psychiatrist guns down thirteen unarmed soldiers while yelling praises to Allah.
September 11, 2011 (Waltham, MA): Three Jewish men have their throats slashed by Muslim terrorists.
February 7, 2013 (Buena Vista, NJ): A Muslim targets and beheads two Christian Coptic immigrants.
April 5, 2013 (Boston, MA): Foreign-born Muslims describing themselves as 'very religious' detonate two bombs packed with ball bearings at the Boston Marathon, killing three people and causing several more to lose limbs.
September 25, 2014 (Moore, OK): A Sharia advocate beheads a woman after calling for Islamic terror and posting an Islamist beheading photo.
July 16, 2015 Chattanooga, TN A Muslim stages a suicide attack on a recruiting center at a strip mall and a naval center which leaves five dead.
December 2, 2015 San Bernardino, CA A Muslim shoots up a Christmas party with his wife, leaving fourteen dead.

FBI PREVENTED TERRORIST ATTACKS
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/ten-years-after-the-fbi-since-9-11/investigative-accomplishments/terrorism-investigations
http://www.allenbwest.com/michellejesse/breaking-fbi-just-stopped-major-terror-attack-in-this-u-s-city
http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-us-authorities-thwarted-july-4-terrorist-attacks-351959

THE FUTURE
There are now between 22 & 35 US based Terrorist Training Camps.
Pick your source: https://www.google.com/search?q=us+terrorist+training+camps&oq=us+terrorist+training+camps&aqs=chrome..69i57.6879j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It's interesting that you left school shootings off the list, despite the fact the fit your listed definition: "Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population".

You also left off a church shooting or two.

But hey, it's your post. Cherry-pick however you feel is necessary to shoehorn a subset of the data into your desired conclusion.