turtlespeed

I feel so confident of our government to run all our healthcare needs . . .

Sounds like when my insurance company (long before Obamacare) in my forms asked if I had any previous surgeries. I listed that my Gall Bladder had been removed about 4 years prior. They tried to add a waiver to my policy that said they would not cover any issues with my gall bladder. I went back and forth with them for an insane amount of time trying to explain that the fact that I no longer had a gall bladder made it pretty obvious that I would never have any gall bladder issues. They couldn't accept that concept.

I also have psoriasis, at the time, every few years I would get a small patch on my knee, the doc would prescribe a tube of cream and in a few days it would be gone, not to be seen again for a few years. The insurance company insisted on adding a waiver that said they would not cover my psoriasis or ANY skin related condition. Let's start with the fact that psoriasis is not actually a skin condition, it's an auto-immune condition. When I pushed what they meant by ANY skin condition they insisted on just what it said. I asked if that meant that in 6 months I am diagnosed with skin cancer, would it be covered. They said it absolutely would not be covered.

They would not issue me a policy without that waiver. I live in FL where skin cancer is a legitimate issue and they would not cover it because of a completely unrelated non-skin related disease that I have.

Obviously leaving it in the hands of the insurance companies wasn't the solution. Thanks to Obamacare I no longer have to worry about those kind of ridiculous issues.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Hi winsor,

And they bombed a couple of cities with them just to show that they could do it.

Nope, they showed that they could do it before that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_(nuclear_test)

They did it to end the war.

You should have been around back then, attitudes were much different.

Jerry Baumchen

You should have been around back then, attitudes were much different.

I grew up in Louisiana. The WWII vets down there fought in the Pacific campaign. They were thrilled when we ended the war with Japan. If there was to be an invasion of the Japanese homelands, there were convinced they would be killed.
We are all engines of karma

>I grew up in Louisiana. The WWII vets down there fought in the Pacific campaign.
>They were thrilled when we ended the war with Japan.

I'm sure there would be a lot of veterans who would be thrilled today if Trump deported all Muslims.

Hi Scooby,

If there was to be an invasion of the Japanese homelands, there were convinced they would be killed.

Based upon my readings, the estimates were 1 million US military ( along with other invasion partners ) would be killed & it would take 1 1/2 yrs to complete if we had invaded Japan.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) My dad was in the Navy in the Pacific in WW II.

So you saw an uncredited, unverified viral photo of a statement on a website with no identification of that site except for a cartoon text overlay from some random internet contributor and your urge to post it was stronger than your desire to find out if the text was true?

The Pavlov is strong in this one.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

>I feel so confident of our government to run all our healthcare needs .

It was from a private company that specialized in surveys.

And to think people want private companies to run all their healthcare needs . . .

And turtle will not be seen in this thread again....

brenthutch

National defense, an enumerated responsibility of the federal government, health care....not so much.

Um - National Defence - Yes - But National Healthcare is not in any founders document anywhere.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***National defense, an enumerated responsibility of the federal government, health care....not so much.

Um - National Defence - Yes - But National Healthcare is not in any founders document anywhere.

Probably no National Road Building Clause either. Do you like using Interstate Highways? I sure do. I'd much rather drive your roads than Canadian roads.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

******National defense, an enumerated responsibility of the federal government, health care....not so much.

Probably no National Road Building Clause either. Do you like using Interstate Highways? I sure do. I'd much rather drive your roads than Canadian roads.

I wonder why the Interstate Highway System was built. ..or, for that matter, what the space program was really all about.

gowlerk

******National defense, an enumerated responsibility of the federal government, health care....not so much.

Guess that liberalism isn't working as well as the Capitalist point.

Roads make for better business.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun