brenthutch

Fossil fuels

brenthutch

It is in the full length video. Boxer disparages philosophy while evoking the Pope. Epstein makes mention of it, in the clip I linked to.

I don't have the time to spend watching the full video - can you link something that has that clip in it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

brenthutch

******As a reef keeper for the last twenty years, I can assure you that the situation is not as dire as you may think.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/coral-reefs-show-remarkable-ability-to-recover-from-near-death/

From the article:

Scientists have identified key factors that enable corals to recover from bleaching events brought on by global warming

Looks like you just contradicted your own position.

Global warming = natural, predicable, and well established El'nino event. 1998 was stronger than 2015, if CO2 played a significant role it would be the other way around.

Your grasp of science in general and statistical analysis in particular is very tenuous.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

***It is in the full length video. Boxer disparages philosophy while evoking the Pope. Epstein makes mention of it, in the clip I linked to.

I don't have the time to spend watching the full video - can you link something that has that clip in it?

Youtube has a pretty good scrub feature where you can grab and scroll while seeing screen shots. The only other time I see boxer is at the very end and she just says that she won't forget this hearing (for its ridiculousness). If it is there, I can't find it. Granted I scrubbed pretty fast.

I love hearings like this where people will bring in ANYONE that can support their opinion. Even a freaking philosopher.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

brenthutch

Pure unsupported speculation. Corals came into existence with much higher tempertures and CO2 levels. In fact I use CO2 injection to maintain calcium and carbonate levels in my tank.

What kind of retarded response is that?

You put up an article to support your position, then call the article pure unsupported speculation.

No wonder the denier movement lives mostly in the US.

>Global warming = natural, predicable

Not ten posts ago you were claiming that manmade CO2 was causing the climate to warm and that it was a good thing! I guess your denials flip-flop depending on what you read on right wing media that day.

>and well established El'nino event. 1998 was stronger than 2015,
>if CO2 played a significant role it would be the other way around.

?? CO2 doesn't cause El Ninos. Are you getting your science from Breitbart again?

billvon

Not ten posts ago you were claiming that manmade CO2 was causing the climate to warm and that it was a good thing! I guess your denials flip-flop depending on what you read on right wing media that day.

?? CO2 doesn't cause El Ninos. Are you getting your science from Breitbart again?

anyplace other than where you get it, is a good start......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>Global warming = natural, predicable

There you go again, rush. Acting like you have a single fucking clue as to what you are talking about.

GTAVercetti

******>Global warming = natural, predicable

There you go again, rush. Acting like you have a single fucking clue as to what you are talking about.

I have at least one
More than you can claim
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

***Pure unsupported speculation. Corals came into existence with much higher tempertures and CO2 levels. In fact I use CO2 injection to maintain calcium and carbonate levels in my tank.

You put up an article to support your position, then call the article pure unsupported speculation.

No wonder the denier movement lives mostly in the US.

Here's an article with the perfect headline for those who would twist and squirm in any direction possible to back fossil fuels. Just be sure not to read beyond the headline.

Rise in CO2 has 'greened Planet Earth'

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

rushmc

*********>Global warming = natural, predicable

I have at least one
More than you can claim

Even your Haikus are poorly formed.

rushmc

*********>Global warming = natural, predicable

I have at least one
More than you can claim

Nothing you have ever wrote has made me believe that. I will go out on a limb and say that opinion is shared by most people here as well.

You read what fits your narrative and nothing more. And then you type that shit out in poorly- spelled, spaced, punctuated, and plain idiotic sentences.

I had written a whole bunch more, but the I thought...

Who gives a shit?

who gives a s*** about what your posting? I dont.

You are way too emotional for me to deal with
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

> who gives a s*** about what your posting? I dont.
>You are way too emotional for me to deal with

Now that's funny.

Up next: RushMC berates someone for theire mispelings.

Moderator on a roll.....
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

*** who gives a s*** about what your posting? I dont.

You are way too emotional for me to deal with

It takes a minimum level of intellect to deal with him. Isn't for everybody and that is ok. No child is left behind.

Thanks
I can help you catch up if you wish.
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

Your inability to decouple increased CO2 levels from global warming is interfering with your brains ability to function properly. When did I say CO2 causes warming?

SkyDekker

***Pure unsupported speculation. Corals came into existence with much higher tempertures and CO2 levels. In fact I use CO2 injection to maintain calcium and carbonate levels in my tank.

The body of the article is fine. It concludes with speculation.

"If corals are to survive in a hypothetical geological epoch........"

I would call that speculation, what would you call it?

brenthutch

***>Global warming = natural, predicable

Tell that to Kallend.

I didn't claim CO2 had anything whatever to do with El Ninos. That was pure speculation on your part.

kallend

******>Global warming = natural, predicable

Tell that to Kallend.

I didn't claim CO2 had anything whatever to do with El Ninos. That was pure speculation on your part.
Sorry, my bad. You must have accidentally misposted when you linked to an article about El Niño induced coral bleaching, in response to my post about the moral superiority of fossil fuels.

Oh BTW, very funny.

> When did I say CO2 causes warming?

When you claimed that higher CO2 levels were responsible for reduction in "deaths from: Heat, cold, drought, famines, floods, wild fires, and hurricanes are all DOWN in the last eighty years! Thank you CO2!"

So yes, you said it caused warming AND cooling. (And apparently causes a reduction in extreme weather and fires.)

Then you claimed that there was no connection between climate change and El Nino: "There is no consensus on if climate change will have any influence on the occurrence, strength or duration of El Niño events, as research supports El Niño events becoming stronger, longer, shorter and weaker."

Then you claimed that we would have seen a change in the climate, since there had to be a connection: "1998 was stronger than 2015, if CO2 played a significant role it would be the other way around."

But it's Tuesday, so I am sure that today you will claim that the climate has nothing to do with CO2. Or perhaps that you will admit that it does, but it's all good.

billvon

> When did I say CO2 causes warming?

When you claimed that higher CO2 levels were responsible for reduction in "deaths from: Heat, cold, drought, famines, floods, wild fires, and hurricanes are all DOWN in the last eighty years! Thank you CO2!"

If there were a sarcasm emoticon I would have used it to help you out. What I meant to convey was "thank you cheap, reliable, plentiful fossil fuel". CO2 is just a benign side effect.