kallend

Mississippi needs armed guards in churches

Those tactics may work with your kind. However, those of us who have been around the block a few times recognize it for what it is.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

A record from you I think!

First post disrespecting those who have a different belief system than you.

Disgusting and as expected.

This is why I ignore you most of the time[:/]

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed a gun rights bill on Friday allowing churches to create security programs designating members to carry firearms to defend worshipers against violence.

A holstered gun sat on top of a Bible on the governor’s desk when he signed the legislation, which he said would help protect worshipers from attackers.

Whatever happened to this?

Why would an omnipotent god need armed guards in his own house?

Well at least the sentiment of Mark 15:29-31 is still alive and well!

Mark 15:29-31
Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, “So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, come down from the cross and save yourself!” In the same way the chief priests and the teachers of the law mocked him among themselves. “He saved others,” they said, “but he can’t save himself!
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

***Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed a gun rights bill on Friday allowing churches to create security programs designating members to carry firearms to defend worshipers against violence.

A holstered gun sat on top of a Bible on the governor’s desk when he signed the legislation, which he said would help protect worshipers from attackers.

Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, “So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, come down from the cross and save yourself!” In the same way the chief priests and the teachers of the law mocked him among themselves. “He saved others,” they said, “but he can’t save himself!

Thank you for so concisely emphasizing one of the fundamental contradictions of Christianity.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed a gun rights bill on Friday allowing churches to create security programs designating members to carry firearms to defend worshipers against violence.

Thank you for so concisely emphasizing one of the fundamental contradictions of Christianity.

Apparently, despite your 12 years of extensive biblical study, you've failed to recognize the foremost concept of Christianity - why Christ died.

It reminds me of Mark 4:12:
"so that “they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.”

kallend

******Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed a gun rights bill on Friday allowing churches to create security programs designating members to carry firearms to defend worshipers against violence.

Thank you for so concisely emphasizing one of the fundamental contradictions MYSTERIES of Christianity.

The parts of the Holy Scriptures that APPEAR to contradict themselves coming and going are really just a test, you see. These are the Lord's typos, put there to discern which fools rely on such heresy as logic to forge their path.

To unbelievers, these things seem to be complete nonsense. True believers, however recognize this apparent drivel for its true nature, which is an assortment subtle and poignant truths. God makes the rules, and they are beyond the ability of mere mortals to criticize.

Thus, I assure you, the Good Lord in his benevolence and mercy will send you to Hell for eternity. It serves you right - who gave YOU permission to think, anyway?

You had better believe that I will firmly embrace any nonsense I come across in order to avoid THAT fate!

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

*********Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed a gun rights bill on Friday allowing churches to create security programs designating members to carry firearms to defend worshipers against violence.

Thank you for so concisely emphasizing one of the fundamental contradictions MYSTERIES of Christianity.

The parts of the Holy Scriptures that APPEAR to contradict themselves coming and going are really just a test, you see. These are the Lord's typos, put there to discern which fools rely on such heresy as logic to forge their path.

To unbelievers, these things seem to be complete nonsense. True believers, however recognize this apparent drivel for its true nature, which is an assortment subtle and poignant truths. God makes the rules, and they are beyond the ability of mere mortals to criticize.

Thus, I assure you, the Good Lord in his benevolence and mercy will send you to Hell for eternity. It serves you right - who gave YOU permission to think, anyway?

One should be able to recognize the fundamental concepts of any religion, whether they agree with it or not - especially if they mock it and then boast about how their 12 years of biblical study was more extensive than "most Christians."

If an entire religion of nearly 2 billion believers is based solely around the concept behind one man's death, then I think it's rather silly to ask why he didn't save himself - especially when doing so would've contradicted everything that he was trying to teach.

normiss

Kallend is right, damn near everything in the bible is contradictory.

Yes, to a certain extent it is contradictory - for example it says "Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it."

"the last will be first, and the first last."

"whoever would be great among you must be your servant"

"the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

All the above is pretty much summed up in the concept of spirituality that is also contrary to our physical nature:

"For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want."

normiss

Someday, you will realize throwing verses out to non-believers in an attempt to help them "understand", is simply a waste of time, keystrokes, and thought.

My bad - I was under the impression that you had basic understanding of that which you so arrogantly mock.

normiss

Someday, you will realize throwing verses out to non-believers in an attempt to help them "understand", is simply a waste of time, keystrokes, and thought.

Nonsense will never make sense.

You should look in a mirror
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Here is an amazing story of a christian actually looking in a mirror.
More christians should understand life this way.

More love, less hate.

I know very many Christians
I see very little hate

Much more comes from you and those think like you do.

Carry on.
Abraham Lincoln

Standing up with my own perspective when religious insanity is thrown in my face every god damn day is not hate.
I've had enough of it, that's all.

Although the preaching I had in my face on Saturday with pretty damn funny, and he was a real nice guy. We both laughed and had a nice chat.
Shook hands and both left happy. No hate.
:)

normiss

Standing up with my own perspective when religious insanity is thrown in my face every god damn day is not hate.
I've had enough of it, that's all.

Although the preaching I had in my face on Saturday with pretty damn funny, and he was a real nice guy. We both laughed and had a nice chat.
Shook hands and both left happy. No hate.
:)

Hmmm
Funny how when others do the same you label them as hateful.

Not funny really........
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

I'm entirely unaware of any non-believers backing, supporting, or passing any laws or rules of division and hate, yet you christians spend a shit ton of money and effort doing that.

Not funny really........

Well, you often hear about atheists leaving nasty quotes instead of tips for servers at restaurants.

Oh, wait. Sorry. That's so-called "christians."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Apparently, despite your 12 years of extensive biblical study, you've failed to recognize the foremost concept of Christianity - why Christ died.

Because it doesn't make sense. You could study it for 1200 years and it wouldn't make sense... unless you want it so badly you convince yourself it does.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Apparently, despite your 12 years of extensive biblical study, you've failed lto recognize the foremost concept of Christianity - why Christ died.

Because it doesn't make sense. You could study it for 1200 years and it wouldn't make sense... unless you want it so badly you convince yourself it does.

Salvation will never make sense. It has to be experienced. Some have, some won't.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

Jesus wasn’t intimidated by sin.

He wasn’t afraid of behavior that society frowned upon (remember the adulterer stoning thing?)

Yeah, this is the guy we are supposed to be acting like.

Yeah, nobody has a problem with the part when Jesus says that he who is without sin cast the first stone, and then decides not to condemn the adulterer. . .

. . .but when he said "Go now and leave your life of sin," that's enough to label you as a bigot these days.

normiss

More christians should understand life this way.

Most Christians do understand life that way - but at the same time, they shouldn't feel compelled to condone sinful behavior.

Btw, if you're going to condemn Christianity as a bunch of "bullshit created by man to control others," then why are you using it in an attempt to conform others to the likeness of your worldview? Kinda hypocritical, don't ya think?

jakee

Because it doesn't make sense.

It's not important whether the concepts of any particular religion make sense or not. What's important is that you understand that's what people believe. You're not gonna get anywhere by simply dismissing them.

Tho the concept in question doesn't make sense to him, I'm pretty sure that kallend - given his 12 years of extensive biblical study - understands that's what people actually believe.

But rather than illustrating why it doesn't make any sense, he simply dismisses it as contradictory without any further explanation - because he can't. His 12 years of extensive bible study should've reminded him that if Christ saved himself, it would've contradicted everything He was trying to teach in the first place - and probably even nullify the religion altogether.

Now that may not make sense to you, but if we're gonna have a discussion about biblical concepts, why not treat it like any other literary discourse and look at what the words actually say, rather than what we think it should say?