kallend

Mississippi needs armed guards in churches

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed a gun rights bill on Friday allowing churches to create security programs designating members to carry firearms to defend worshipers against violence.

A holstered gun sat on top of a Bible on the governor’s desk when he signed the legislation, which he said would help protect worshipers from attackers.

Whatever happened to this?

Why would an omnipotent god need armed guards in his own house?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't see the need for security guards. They are conspicuous and the first targets for the bad guy. In our church several carry concealed weapons. The bad guy would be taken out by rounds coming from several directions.

Luke 22:36 King James Version (KJV)

36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

kallend

Why can't an omnipotent god overcome Satan?
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

Why can't an omnipotent god overcome Satan?

Satan? Why can't he just stop bad humans from a home invasion in his own house? What's the point of omnipotence if you can't even do that when you have advance warning (omniscience).

Stumpy

***The bad guy would be taken out by rounds coming from several directions.

Shame about all the other people who'd get shot with all the misses.

Tell me how many bystanders were shot in the story in post #2.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

kallend

Satan? Why can't he just stop bad humans from a home invasion in his own house? What's the point of omnipotence if you can't even do that when you have advance warning (omniscience).

How would god choose to stop bad humans? Strike them down with lightning? Make them vanish? Maybe place good humans with weapons where they can stop the bad humans and inspire them to act in defense of worshipers?

Who is to say how god would respond. I wouldn't guess how you would respond much less god.
--
Rob

Stumpy

***The bad guy would be taken out by rounds coming from several directions.

We are trained. Plus, I don't see my tribe whining over collateral damage if the bad guy has been neutralized.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Stumpy

We are trained.

:D:D:D Sure you are.

I'm sure not all who carry are as well trained, but I know I and the people I shoot with have had more hours of formal firearms training than most TX peace officers. I also know we get more practice time than most TX peace officers.

So snort and laugh... just know your perception is not universal truth.
--
Rob

rhaig

just know your perception is not universal truth.

Yep correct, there are people out there who have the training, have combat experience, and know what they are doing, as well as understanding the limitations of their training and their weapons. A bunch of hicks in the Georgia hills playing at being survivalists? Not so much.

Everyone thinks they are better trained than average yet still we get the firearms instructors who have ND's, and the "Responsible Gun Owners" who get shot by their own children/pets.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

***just know your perception is not universal truth.

Yep correct, there are people out there who have the training, have combat experience, and know what they are doing, as well as understanding the limitations of their training and their weapons. A bunch of hicks in the Georgia hills playing at being survivalists? Not so much.

Everyone thinks they are better trained than average yet still we get the firearms instructors who have ND's, and the "Responsible Gun Owners" who get shot by their own children/pets.

My church is replete with former and retired military, with combat experience, and law enforcement officers. Also included in our congregation are doctors and other medical personnel. We are a little above the hick category.

Stumpy

well no. Not everyone. But what am I doing correcting you. You know all.
--
Rob

rhaig

well no. Not everyone. But what am I doing correcting you. You know all.

His perception is his reality.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

Due to a general lack of imagination of the human race we had to invent gods who are like us, only bigger. They are no more omniscient than we are.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

Due to a general lack of imagination of the human race we had to invent gods who are like us, only bigger. They are no more omniscient than we are.

Hey, MY invisible friend is greatly superior to YOUR invisible friend!

You're just jealous because the voices don't talk to you.

Ahh, you see your invisible friend gave us mere mortals the gift of free will which basically
meant we can do as we please while your invisible friend takes no responsibility.

Meanwhile my non existent (never existed) invisible friend Harvey lets me do as I please
(within social confines) without wasting valuable Sunday mornings.

Gone fishing

rhaig

well no. Not everyone.

OK fair point, there are a few people who are aware that they are new to guns, or simply don't care. Just about everyone else thinks they are better.

But what am I doing correcting you. You know all.

Awwww shucks.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

rhaig

How would god choose to stop bad humans? Strike them down with lightning? Make them vanish?
Who is to say how god would respond. I wouldn't guess how you would respond much less god.

The Bible is full of stories about how god deals with bad humans, and not once did he use gunmen as surrogates.

kallend

How would god choose to stop bad humans? Strike them down with lightning? Make them vanish?

The Bible is full of stories about how god deals with bad humans, and not once did he use gunmen as surrogates.

If ye shall smite the wicked in the name of the Lord, a .338 Lapua works better than a sickle sword.

Just sayin'.

RonD1120

******The bad guy would be taken out by rounds coming from several directions.

We are trained. Plus, I don't see my tribe whining over collateral damage if the bad guy has been neutralized.

In that case, just roll a couple of grenades in the church during the sermon.

Better start putting some snipers in the trees outside the church....just in case.