wolfriverjoe

North Carolina Anti-anti-discrimination law

wmw999

By limiting the Americans who are "allowed" to remain to ones who already are like you (conservative, evangelical, white), you've eliminated a whole lot of possible disagreements already, making it a whole lot easier to settle them face to face.
It's not like America, though. It's just how you'd like America to be, I guess.

Wendy P.

So far it seems to be working here.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jcd11235

***Are you talking about an individuals survival capabilities?

An immortal jellyfish seems unlikely, right?

That's cool.

I see several posters that have that same ability.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

If you consider horrible economy, deplorable unemployment numbers and abhorrent health services as "working" then yes, I guess you have found paradise.

Yes, the economy took a dive in 2008. It is coming up enough that anyone who wants to work can. Unemployment is a relative term up here. Many folks survive very well without regular jobs. Healthcare complaints from the general population seem the same as in PC Liberal land. Mostly up here it is the doctors complaining about Obamacare opening non-insurance clinics.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***By limiting the Americans who are "allowed" to remain to ones who already are like you (conservative, evangelical, white), you've eliminated a whole lot of possible disagreements already, making it a whole lot easier to settle them face to face.
It's not like America, though. It's just how you'd like America to be, I guess.

Wendy P.

For you. Yes.

For those like you, of course.

But how about for anyone of a different faith?
Or a different skin color?
Or even from a different region of the country?

Or do those "different" people simply not have any rights in your "enclave"?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

Seeing this morning's news, it appears the NC Governor is thumbing his nose at the feds. Doubling down at the expense of the state taxpayers IMO.
Given the deadline issued by the feds, could they temporarily suspend federal funds to the state until the case is settled?
I heard that perspective on the radio and wondered if it was even possible.

And perhaps a lawyer can clarify something. It seems to me (this is where I'd like a legal review), that public restrooms are not covered by any law. They are place identified by gender, simply so that people can use one or the other in a more "comfortable" environment. The age-old joke of women screaming when a man walks into a ladies' room simply does not happen. In my experience, if someone goes into the restroom of the other gender, people generally point and giggle, but no one can get arrested just for going into a different restroom! (a store manager may ask that that person leave the restroom and use the other, but that's about it).

Besides, what parent lets their young kid go into a public restroom unattended, and doesn't keep track of who else is going in, and how long the kid is in there? We have laws about registered sex offenders having to disclose where they live, and having to stay away from playgrounds and schools (places where it's easier to get a kid away from the crowd). But implying every transgendered individual as a sex offender, or "possible" sex offender, has discriminatory practice written all over it. [I use this comparison because of some of the politicians saying they're trying to prevent men from being in the restroom with their wives or young daughters]

Okay, so perhaps there are some enterprising teenage boys who want to declare the "identify" with being female so they can go into the girls' locker room while the girls are in various stages of undress. I submit that any educator who really knows the story of each boy would be able to recognize and handle that situation and move on. We don't need a law to keep those boys' behavior appropriate.

[/soapbox]
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

...Okay, so perhaps there are some enterprising teenage boys who want to declare the "identify" with being female so they can go into the girls' locker room while the girls are in various stages of undress. I submit that any educator who really knows the story of each boy would be able to recognize and handle that situation and move on. We don't need a law to keep those boys' behavior appropriate.

Seriously?

Think about that one for a minute.

Given the way typical high school kids treat anyone who is 'different', what kind of a life do you think a TG student would have?

The hatred, taunts, harassment, and even physical violence would be a nightmare.

Kids who are far less different than a TG have committed suicide over this sort of treatment.

And I doubt any of the girls would go for it (real or fake TG).

http://dailysignal.com/2015/12/21/why-these-high-school-girls-dont-want-transgender-student-a-in-their-locker-room/
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

Yes, high school aged kids who have gender identity issues need the state government persecuting them. They don't already have enough problems, let's pile some more on them. That would so obviously be what is best for society.

This whole thing makes me feel slightly sick. Why are conservatives so effing cruel?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

You are assuming different people would want to live here.

There is an amazing number of Floridians from PC Liberal Land up here. They came to escape the BS. PC Liberal BS does not gain traction up here. Not yet any way.

There are only two ways to make social connections for survival. One is bars and the other is churches. There are no bars up here. You meet folks in church who help you get what you need. It takes about one year to gain acceptance.

PC Liberals can't handle that stipulation. They will move on, probably down to Atlanta. There they will only have to deal with gun fights. It is an everyday occurrence. Guess who is causing that violence?

The last time I mistakenly walked into a women's restroom - That is exactly what I received - a scream of ashtonishment and a "what the HELL are you doing in here!?" I apologized and went to the correct restroom.[:/]

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

The last time I mistakenly walked into a women's restroom - That is exactly what I received - a scream of ashtonishment and a "what the HELL are you doing in here!?" I apologized and went to the correct restroom.[:/]

Now the PC Liberals will allow you to report the woman for hurting your feelings.

RonD1120

***The last time I mistakenly walked into a women's restroom - That is exactly what I received - a scream of ashtonishment and a "what the HELL are you doing in here!?" I apologized and went to the correct restroom.[:/]

Now the PC Liberals will allow you to report the woman for hurting your feelings.

OBVIOUSLY she intruded on into my safe zone!:(

I . . . I. . . . I need a hug.

I should sue her for offending me.

No, I was simply referring to the jokers who DO simply claim the identity because they want to see the girls naked. I was NOT saying that legitimate boys who identify as female do so because of this. :S

The educators should know who is just being a jackass, and who legitimately identifies this way; then deal with each situation appropriately. Sure, educators make mistakes (and some are just as bigoted), but my point is that the school shouldn't need a LAW to enforce appropriate conduct between students (respecting privacy, etc). The educators at the school have that responsibility.

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

No, I was simply referring to the jokers who DO simply claim the identity because they want to see the girls naked. I was NOT saying that legitimate boys who identify as female do so because of this. :S

The educators should know who is just being a jackass, and who legitimately identifies this way; then deal with each situation appropriately. Sure, educators make mistakes (and some are just as bigoted), but my point is that the school shouldn't need a LAW to enforce appropriate conduct between students (respecting privacy, etc). The educators at the school have that responsibility.

Just how would they "know"?

What does a teams look like? Sound like? Talk Like? Dress like?

What are the official guidelines to determine the status definitively?

TriGirl

And I will say again -

Do you really think that a boy would go through the harassment that would come from pretending to be TG just to get a look inside the girls locker room?

Do you really think that a boy would go through the harassment that would come from pretending to be TG just to get a look inside the girls locker room?

I think you're talking past each other - I think the scenario TriGirl is positing goes something like this;

Boy tells his friends 'Hur hur hur, I've got this really cool idea to see some boobs.' Boy walks into girls locker room. Girls say 'Aaaahhhhhhhhhh! Get out you creep!' Teacher says to boy 'What the hell do you think you're doing?' Boy says 'Well I've always really thought that I should be a girl and that's why I did it.' Principal says 'Kid, I know you and I know that's horseshit. Detention for a month and next time you're suspended.' Boy tells his friends 'Didn't work, got busted.'

We're not talking deep cover agents assuming a whole new identity, just horny kids trying it on with teachers. Which the NC fuckmuppets legislators would have us believe is a major problem that the status quo has been unable to deal with:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I think you're talking past each other - I think the scenario TriGirl is positing goes something like this;

Boy tells his friends 'Hur hur hur, I've got this really cool idea to see some boobs.' Boy walks into girls locker room. Girls say 'Aaaahhhhhhhhhh! Get out you creep!' Teacher says to boy 'What the hell do you think you're doing?' Boy says 'Well I've always really thought that I should be a girl and that's why I did it.' Principal says 'Kid, I know you and I know that's horseshit. Detention for a month and next time you're suspended.' Boy tells his friends 'Didn't work, got busted.'

We're not talking deep cover agents assuming a whole new identity, just horny kids trying it on with teachers. Which the NC fuckmuppets legislators would have us believe is a major problem that the status quo has been unable to deal with:|

And the SECOND that someone in the admin does that - Law Suit. Wether it is right or wrong the district would pay.

TriGirl

I like seeing girls naked,;) but you have to be a real loser if you need to do it that way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

And the SECOND that someone in the admin does that - Law Suit. Wether it is right or wrong the district would pay.

No, THAT is the "pretending to be TG just to get a look" that would get the kid harassment. I don't think the average straight kid in middle or high school is going to carry the prank that far, for exactly that reason. He'd have to maintain the pretense for longer than the above scenario in order for a lawsuit to carry through.

Thanks for the example, Jakee. That's exactly the scenario I meant. Note the bolded section. Educators should know their students well enough to handle situations like this*. I've seen this exact example being used as justification for passing the law or requiring laws to be considered/enacted.

*and if the one educator who comes across this situation does not happen to know that kid, they take that kid aside and have a sincere conversation to determine what is really going on.

Shut Up & Jump!

kallend

***No, I was simply referring to the jokers who DO simply claim the identity because they want to see the girls naked. I was NOT saying that legitimate boys who identify as female do so because of this. :S

I like seeing girls naked,;) but you have to be a real loser if you need to do it that way.
Well, you've just described the mind of the average 13-yo hetero boy in America! ;)

Shut Up & Jump!

turtlespeed

******The last time I mistakenly walked into a women's restroom - That is exactly what I received - a scream of ashtonishment and a "what the HELL are you doing in here!?" I apologized and went to the correct restroom.[:/]

OBVIOUSLY she intruded on into my safe zone!:(

I . . . I. . . . I need a hug.

I should sue her for offending me.

Not really.

You clearly broke the law by entering the female bathroom. Based on your posting history here, one could easily see how much you like naked women, so you clearly didn't walk in on that lady purely by accident.

To ensure other people continue to be safe around you: probation and mandatory registration as a sex-offender.

The civil suit would come after that.

Isn't it great not being politically correct?

turtlespeed

Prove it. Where are the lawsuits? It's a simple trick, some kid somewhere must have tried it, in which case (if you are correct) there should already be lawsuits.

But of course you wont be able to find any - further proof that the NC legislation is pure discrimination based on "they give me icky feelings" emotions, disguised as an overreaction to a non-problem.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?