wolfriverjoe

North Carolina Anti-anti-discrimination law

futuredivot

We've cancelled our next 2 trips we had planned for NC.
Fuck them.

And I support your choice to refuse to do business only with people that share your views......

Really? Only doing business with people who don't share your views is quite a baffling course of action.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

Too slow apparently.

Wow, every one of you misse thi irony in that post. Every one of you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

futuredivot

******Too slow apparently.

Nah, just hovering on the mistype and hiding from the truth in the intent.

Yeah, you know the best way to stop that from happening is to own up to a mistake instead of attacking the people who point it out, right?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I have to say it's not quite accurate, my "views" on this are the simple mistreatment of others.
Any mindset that physically attacks another human's need to take a shit is all this is about.
I think that's cruel and simply wrong.

I've shared all sorts of bathrooms the world over and I can't make sense of this and why any regulations are needed.
Germany made quite an impression as a young child. Bathrooms and the mountain swimming areas would freak Americans out these days.

futuredivot

******Too slow apparently.

Nah, just hovering on the mistype and hiding from the truth in the intent.

Words have meaning. We only know what you actually typed, not what you wanted to type.

You fucked up and somehow it's our fault.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm just trying to fathom the cost of lowering all trough-style urinals to meet unisex specifications - what a nightmare. . .

But seriously, having to travel with my disabled fiancee (I'm just going to call her my wife from now on, ok? Because that's what she is - whether legal or not, I don't care. I've proven to be with her in sickness and in health, so that gotta count for something, right?)

...anyway, having to travel with my disabled wife, I like the idea of having unisex restrooms. There were many times when I simply had to help her into the ladies room. There were many females in there at times, and tho they seemed gracious and understanding, I still felt a bit sensitive to the awkwardness that they may have been feeling.

I mean seriously, I'm listening to this lady pissing hard in the stall next to me and I can't help to think what she may be feeling. Is she embarrassed that it sounds like an elephant taking a dump by a waterfall? What if she had gas? I would imagine that would be very uncomfortable for her, right? women are sensitive about those things.

But whatever, have it your way - we'll all come around at some point, I'm sure. I have to admit that I do like the idea of being able to check in on my step-daughter if I see some creepy pervos lurking around the ladies restroom - and trust me, I've seen a few - especially in California. . .
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>I'm listening to this lady pissing hard in the stall next to me and I can't help to think
>what she may be feeling. Is she embarrassed that it sounds like an elephant taking a
>dump by a waterfall? What if she had gas? I would imagine that would be very
>uncomfortable for her, right? women are sensitive about those things.

No, it's probably just you.

billvon

>I'm listening to this lady pissing hard in the stall next to me and I can't help to think
>what she may be feeling. Is she embarrassed that it sounds like an elephant taking a
>dump by a waterfall? What if she had gas? I would imagine that would be very
>uncomfortable for her, right? women are sensitive about those things.

No, it's probably just you.

lol, Probably - but at least I gave a shit about her feelings or at least tried to understand - rather than just doing it because "I can," in an attempt to make some arrogant point about sexual acceptance without any regard to how others may feel about it - fuck them, right?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

- rather than just doing it because "I can," in an attempt to make some arrogant point about sexual acceptance without any regard to how others may feel about it - fuck them, right?

Yes, I'm sure that's why a person who has been living as a man for ten years wants to use the men's room. Just to be arrogant because he can.

- Dan G

Actually, in eighth grade I took French at the high school, and wouldn't pee if there was someone else in the girls' room. Yes, because of the noise :)

I'll admit a data point of one mid-60's eighth grader probably doesn't say much. And I couldn't care less now who hears me do whatever in the rest room.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

yep-should have proofed, but I typically devote 8-10 seconds to this while I'm waiting on something else to happen.
I also know I set myself up because I don't discuss, I state. I tend to take every situation on individual merits and not try to paint with as broad a brush.
I'm quite willing to note that my position on this law, on the surface, presents an apparent conflict with my views on gun rights in as much as being concerned about the few violators as opposed to the vast majority who cause no problems. I'm not seeing a lot of worry about true LGBTXXX (seems to be more letters daily) as about evil people (generally men) abusing the opportunity.
Once again, I take it situation by situation. Properly used, gender neutral restrooms are a non issue. Conversely, hurt one of mine-they'll find the offender at the end of the blood trail. It is what it is
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

futuredivot

...I'm quite willing to note that my position on this law, on the surface, presents an apparent conflict with my views on gun rights in as much as being concerned about the few violators as opposed to the vast majority who cause no problems. I'm not seeing a lot of worry about true LGBTXXX (seems to be more letters daily) as about evil people (generally men) abusing the opportunity...

That's the part that gets me.

Gun rights proponents (and I'm one) say that the bad actions of a very few shouldn't affect the many who follow the rules.

Yet, they seem to think that allowing the TG folk into the bathrooms that are appropriate to their appearance should be banned because it might give a predator the opportunity to prey on "the womenfolk."

Yet the reality seems to be the exact opposite.

For a female to male TG to follow this law, they would have to use the ladies' room. Even though they look, act, sound & dress like a man.
So according to this law, "male appearing" women need to go into the ladies room. Which would make it more common to see men in there. Which would, it would seem, give male predators more opportunity, not less.

But that fact seems lost on those who support these kinds of things. They seem to just enjoy ostracizing and discriminating against those who are "different."

And, just out of curiosity, what "more letters daily" have been added?

I don't recall any changes in that designation in a while.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo