normiss

Creator of the Planned Parenthood videos!

turtlespeed

*********>you would admit that almost every reason given could be overcome with aid from the family, or other
>support groups and lastly the socialized system that you love so much.

1) Not everyone has a family that can support them.
2) Not everyone has access to support groups.
3) I am not a fan of socialized systems, and often they are unavailable.

If you think that being able to afford the basics of life for a child is a convenience, then we simply have very different value systems.

It's the opposite.

I think it is a convenience to kill the child rather than take on a burden.

And how about the 14 year old girl who is raped and gets pregnant as a result? Or the 13 y/o incest victim?

What about her?

Should she be allowed an abortion in your ideal world, where abortion = murder?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

Given a casual sex situation

An abortion is abdicating responsibly

From your moral standpoint.

For people who don't believe casual sex is a sin and still believe that things can happen, it is not. Unless you are practicing absolute abstinence, pregnancy can occur. Sometimes it is smart to not complete gestation because the child would have a potentially worse life than not having one.

You have no idea what is going on through the mind of a woman who makes the heavy decision to abort or the repercussions she might feel within herself about for years to come. So get off your high horse about what is responsibly (sic).

Fucking black and white thought. I just can't understand it.

Pro-life people don't care at all about the child really. Cause once that thing is born, fuck it, right? No safety net, nothing. Welfare, lunch programs, whatever. Not a chance in a conservative, pro-life world. Pretty much let a kid get a shit life because his parents had an accident. You only care while it is in the womb. George Carlin got that so right, it hurts.

Also, your typing is shit. You are like EE Cummings without the talent.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I Suppose that would depend on the situation. You just "Said" it, but I'm not registering an emotional reaction.

Someone who said it and meant it.

I have a hard time seeing how you at once think that abortion is so bad that women who have one should be prosecuted as murderers and presumably sentenced to life in prison or execution and yet you don't think any less of people who support or encourage abortion.

It's odd.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

According to some folks, it is also possible to become miraculously pregnant even when abstaining.
:D

Are you talking about that TV show? because otherwise, I have no idea what you are referring to. :)

You guys don't like the blunt truth, and have to call it something else to justify it in your minds. I get that.

I understand the blunt truth of exactly what abortion is and how it happens, along with ways to avoid it. YOU refuse to recognize the blunt truth that you or society in general have no right to deny any woman the option of an abortion.

You use the false assumption that a zygote, or an embryo, is a person to label people as murderers. The blunt truth is you are wrong.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

You guys don't like the blunt truth, and have to call it something else to justify it in your minds. I get that.

I understand the blunt truth of exactly what abortion is and how it happens, along with ways to avoid it. YOU refuse to recognize the blunt truth that you or society in general have no right to deny any woman the option of an abortion.

You use the false assumption that a zygote, or an embryo, is a person to label people as murderers. The blunt truth is you are wrong.

Of course they are people.

That is why they have social security numbers and are counted in the census!

Geez man, what is wrong with you?

GTAVercetti

******So do you think drinking and fucking should be illegal just like drinking and driving?

Absolutely not, I think you should have to take responsibility for your actions.

Do you think that people should be free to do as they wish with no consequences, no matter what they do?

An abortion is taking responsibility. Just not taking it in a way YOU agree with.

Action: had sex
Consequence: got pregnant
Responsibility to consequence:

1) determine that you would not be able to care for a child and abort
2) have child and raise it
3) have child and give it up.

By your logic though, giving it up is also not an options because you are pushing the consequence of a child onto someone else.

I am amused by the tone of this thread assuming that coitus is mandatory.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

You're still wrong on your perspective, you don't "get it" in any way.

I understand that you seriously dislike abortions, I would advise you to not get one then. Beyond that, it's really none of yours, or any one else's, business.
You have no clue what "innocents" any of us care about either.
Get over yourself already and all the emotional silliness.
It's a choice women are legally able to decide for themselves on.
There's the blunt truth.

So, just so we are all clear here, because you believe that particular law is just - it must be correct. I must assume then, that there are absolutely no laws on the books that you disagree with then.

The fact is - y'all can't get your mind around the horror of the killing, and have to call it something else, justify it, and turn it into something less offensive, so you can live with it.

It's pretty obvious.

I have come to terms with it.

Stopping a life is stopping a life - it is what it is. Why is that idea so hard for you guys?

An apple is not an orange. A fish is not a cow.
A cow is a cow, and an apple is an apple - Killing is killing.
Of that - there is no grey area. There is no almost dead. There is no undoing what is done, either.

Putting a frosting and some candles on a putrid piece of meat doesn't make it an edible cake. It just hides what the underlying truth is.

Face it - face the reality - you'll all be better for it. Or - maybe you really DO need your illusion of "abortion is not killing" . . .

Like with religion - some people need it to go on, in their own minds, they just aren't strong enough to do it alone and need the crutch.
Like religion, few actually understand the truth, and go on faith.

Killing is killing - to think otherwise is to be like minded to those that prescribe to faith.

Ultimately you are lying to yourself to avoid the truth.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

RonD1120

*********So do you think drinking and fucking should be illegal just like drinking and driving?

Absolutely not, I think you should have to take responsibility for your actions.

Do you think that people should be free to do as they wish with no consequences, no matter what they do?

An abortion is taking responsibility. Just not taking it in a way YOU agree with.

Action: made decision to have sex
Consequence: got pregnant
Responsibility to consequence:

1) determine that you would not be able to care for a child and abort
2) have child and raise it
3) have child and give it up.

By your logic though, giving it up is also not an options because you are pushing the consequence of a child onto someone else.

It is in their world. People don't have the ability to think and thus are just base animals to them.

But to the point of his 3 possible responsible outcomes.

I don't disagree with those answers. I don't disagree with the conclusion and where it points.

That is not the issue.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

Putting your perspective into opposing positions is quite odd to me.
Again, still wrong.
Your unmoving position is keeping you from seeing anything else.

I'm sorry, but it seems to be your unmoving position that has closed you off to the truth.[:/]

turtlespeed

It is in their world. People don't have the ability to think and thus are just base animals to them.

But to the point of his 3 possible responsible outcomes.

I don't disagree with those answers. I don't disagree with the conclusion and where it points.

That is not the issue.

Dude. First, please stop quoting the entire thread every time. Edit the reply, man!

Second, how is that not the point as a response to your post? You said an abortion is not taking responsibility. I said it is and explained why. You even said you don't disagree. So I have no idea how it could NOT be the issue. Please bear in mind, I responded to YOUR post, not some larger issue in your head. Are you just being contrary to be contrary?

And to Ron: making a decision is pretty much the opposite of mandatory. Sorry if celibacy until marriage is not something most people actually do. It never has been and it never will be.

JK >>And how about the 14 year old girl who is raped and gets pregnant as a result? Or the 13 y/o incest victim?

Turtle > What about her?

Should she be allowed an abortion in your ideal world, where abortion = murder?

It is in fact mandatory for the continuation of the species. And it is perfectly natural whether attempting to conceive or not. The clitoris is the only organ that serves no purpose but pleasure.

Lots of species fuck and for a lot of reasons. normal, natural, and humans are the only species to attach any level of morality to having sex, which made no sense to me since I was a kid.....

Why would your 'god' create a clitoris if she was not meant to get her rocks off with it? And no man has ever really turned it down, even the morality group.....

your statement is pretty silly at best.

tkhayes

It is in fact mandatory for the continuation of the species. And it is perfectly natural whether attempting to conceive or not. The clitoris is the only organ that serves no purpose but pleasure.

Lots of species fuck and for a lot of reasons. normal, natural, and humans are the only species to attach any level of morality to having sex, which made no sense to me since I was a kid.....

Why would your 'god' create a clitoris if she was not meant to get her rocks off with it? And no man has ever really turned it down, even the morality group.....

No one claims that sin is not fun. It is without question. The problem lies in the fact that sin can take you farther than you intended to go. Sin can hold you longer than you intended to stay. And, sin will cost you more than you were willing to pay.

No woman gets off work on Friday and says, well, I think I'll go out tonight and get drunk, laid and pregnant so that I can have an abortion.

No thirteen year old says, when I grow up I want to be an addict or an alcoholic.

Shit happens and life is tough and not fair. But, it is a lot tougher if you lack will power to say no.

Today we have an abundance of folks whose parents never taught them how to exercise will power.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

No one claims that sin is not fun. It is without question. The problem lies in the fact that sin can take you farther than you intended to go. Sin can hold you longer than you intended to stay. And, sin will cost you more than you were willing to pay.

No woman gets off work on Friday and says, well, I think I'll go out tonight and get drunk, laid and pregnant so that I can have an abortion.

No thirteen year old says, when I grow up I want to be an addict or an alcoholic.

Shit happens and life is tough and not fair. But, it is a lot tougher if you lack will power to say no.

Today we have an abundance of folks whose parents never taught them how to exercise will power.

You are one who has admitted not having had the will power to say "no", so why are you always so critical of those of us who did say "no"?