normiss

Creator of the Planned Parenthood videos!

quade

*********... abort a life for convenience.

Emphasis mine.

What a load of bullshit. It's never been a trip to 7/11. Never.

How can you intellectually, honestly say, or believe that?

Never? Really? NEVER?

Bah - you know better. I would have given you more credit until you typed that.

On the flip side, I don't think I can give you any credit at all for understanding it is NOT a "convenient" thing for any woman to go though.
So - in most cases, is it more convenient for the woman to abort and then not have the responsibility of the child, or not?

>>>You speak as though I a calling the procedure "Convenient". That isn't necessarily >>>true.
>>>I am Calling the bed result, the wanted result, the desired result as a convenience to >>>the mother, (the father, in some cases , both in others).

>>>Really. You are still insisting on that word "Any", as in "Not convenient for any woman."
>>>It depends on your definition of convenient, I suppose.
>>>Let's just call it "taking the easy way out" then, shall we?

>>>Here is another link where she admits it was convenience.

>>>Here is a example.

You have so many assumptions about things and people you've never personally experienced and yet you trot out a list of them as if you had.

Seriously. Ever been a "hooker"? Neither have I but I can't believe any part of it is a convenience unless you have some completely different definition of the word than is in the dictionary.

You are either deliberately obtuse here or have done little to no reading about the subject.

Here is a chart stating the reasons given for abortions.
This table is from what is considered to be the research arm of Planned Parenthood.
Show me where it wasn't because of convenience for "Any" of those women.
Hell, show me where it wasn't an abortion of convenience of some sort for even HALF.

I'll wait.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hell, show me where it wasn't an abortion of convenience of some sort for even HALF.

I'll wait.

Actually I think the first step is on you to indicate the research and subsequent results in that table are valid.

Just because people answer a questionnaire doesn't make the answer valid.

RonD1120

***I largely agree. Discussion with the potential father is entirely appropriate. But not mandatory. The offensive part to me was the giving and signing of a permission paper.

It was required by the physician and the hospital.

Now that I am revisiting that very sad period and decision, I recall that my wife became pregnant a month before the divorce was final. Their reasoning was a protection against lawsuit by me.

We need to be able to have the best world in place for the new lives we bring into it and that best world has everything to do with the lives of the parents. You did nothing wrong, it just wasn't time for that life to be created and come into the world.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

turtlespeed

******... abort a life for convenience.

Emphasis mine.

What a load of bullshit. It's never been a trip to 7/11. Never.

How can you intellectually, honestly say, or believe that?

Never? Really? NEVER?

Bah - you know better. I would have given you more credit until you typed that.

How many hookers have aborted to keep working? That is convenience.
How many couples got drunk and created a child, and then, conveniently, aborted the kid to make their lives easy and more convenient?
How many permissions women have showed up to hide and dispose of their societally imposed shame, because it is more convenient?

Or do you really think that every aborted child is a product of rape and molestation?

It was stated earlier in this thread that a poster here took the convenient way out.
Things didn't match his and his partner's view, so they took the convenient way out.

Honestly.

. . . . People with blinders and willful ignorance.

What ever you let yourself think, to let yourself live with what you have done, is up to you.

I consider that thinking exactly like what it takes to believe in a book written by people supposedly being guided by a God, his son, and a Holy Ghost, all one and the same.

It's all shades of what it takes to justify what you want to believe.

Its killing - pure and plain and simple.

In all of the examples you reference, I can't see anything that is your business, or anyone else's business. Is being a really nosy asshole an acceptable value these days? Not among civilized people.

"Conservatives" rail about excess government regulations and government interference in one's personal freedoms. This philosophy apparently only applies to white males, of Northern European ancestry, based on the words and deeds of the "conservatives". Women don't have the brains or ability to make their own decisions about medical care and pregnancy, or so it seems. It is amazing that more women don't call out the assholes for their hypocrisy.

It is very clear from everything that the anti-choice people write and do that their AMAZING concern for the children starts just after conception, and stops abruptly upon delivery. Voting against pre-natal medical care, the SCHIP progam, and all other forms of support for the less well off women with issues is how they roll. All the bullshit about how much they care about the fetus is just that, bullshit.

All of the obstacles put in place that prevent normal medical care for US women affect the unwashed masses. Wealthy people use their resources to make sure that the laws that affect the "little people" have zero influence on their choices. Off to Switzerland for an abortion, and some shopping.

And the worthless piece of trash that this thread is about should go to jail for his many crimes.

turtlespeed

Here is a chart stating the reasons given for abortions.
This table is from what is considered to be the research arm of Planned Parenthood.

I'll wait.

You first.

List them, one-by-one, the items which could ONLY be invoked due to it simply being a "convenience." You know, proof of what you claim the document says it is in your view.

You can't. Not in any way, shape or form. Not one damn item.

Every reason listed could be stated for a number of other under duress reasons.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Once more, it does not matter what you, her, or anyone perceives the reason to be. The woman is entitled to choice. The SC of the USA says so. It is a right guaranteed under the Constitution that some people claim to love so much.

It is a private matter. Not one subject to your feelings, the Pope's feelings, the Ayatollah's feelings or any conservative over controller's feelings. Don't like it? Then you don't love America. Long live freedom.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>Hell, show me where it wasn't an abortion of convenience of some sort for even HALF.

73% (far more than half) said they would not be able to afford to support a child. That's not convenience.

Sure it is. They would have to work harder and put less effort into partying and give up time -

That is the biggest convenience excuse there is.

It's the easy way out, thus more convenient.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***>Hell, show me where it wasn't an abortion of convenience of some sort for even HALF.

73% (far more than half) said they would not be able to afford to support a child. That's not convenience.

Sure it is. They would have to work harder and put less effort into partying and give up time -

That is the biggest convenience excuse there is.

It's the easy way out, thus more convenient.

There is a lot of assumptions happening there.

>Sure it is. They would have to work harder and put less effort into partying and give up time

There was no option "have to give up partying" or "have to give up time." The reason was "Can't afford a baby right now." Several suboptions included "Can’t afford the basic needs of life" and "Can’t leave job to take care of a baby."

If you are going to go by the data you yourself posted, then those are the reasons. Again, that's not convenience.

If, on the other hand, you want to make shit up and ignore the list, then why did you post that list?

billvon

>Sure it is. They would have to work harder and put less effort into partying and give up time

There was no option "have to give up partying" or "have to give up time." The reason was "Can't afford a baby right now." Several suboptions included "Can’t afford the basic needs of life" and "Can’t leave job to take care of a baby."

If you are going to go by the data you yourself posted, then those are the reasons. Again, that's not convenience.

If, on the other hand, you want to make shit up and ignore the list, then why did you post that list?

OK -

Take the first section then.

Having a baby would dramatically change my life
Would interfere with education
Would interfere with job/employment/career
Have other children or dependents

Would interfere = Inconveinient
Having other kids = Inconveinient to take on more responsibility.

If you are honest with yourself - you would admit that almost every reason given could be overcome with aid from the family, or other support groups and lastly the socialized system that you love so much.

With few exceptions, everything else is just a burden and inconvenient.

normiss

Understood and I agree.
As usual, very well said.

I think Wendy is the only person here that voices that she at least respects, and understands me in this matter.

Why the rest of you hate the ideas of others so much is beyond me.

billvon

Right. They need to work harder while also taking care of the baby. If you can't balance a baby on top of a carpet steamer while doing your night job cleaning offices then you're just not trying hard enough!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Dude, you are calling innocent people murderers. That's why.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jakee

Don't you?

You think we're all condoning and encouraging murderers. Are you OK with that?

If you are. Yes. I'm not necessarily trying to change you, or your thinking. The question was asked how I considered the situation. Then I answered, and BOOM - but hey - glad y'all can keep your emotions out of it.

turtlespeed

Then I answered, and BOOM - but hey - glad y'all can keep your emotions out of it.

Yes, yes, "y'all."

Because you're completely emotionless and rational so far in this thread.
quade -

turtlespeed

Don't you?

You think we're all condoning and encouraging murderers. Are you OK with that?

If you are. Yes. I'm not necessarily trying to change you, or your thinking. The question was asked how I considered the situation. Then I answered, and BOOM - but hey - glad y'all can keep your emotions out of it.

Lol priceless shit in SC.

An established troll in SC makes a statement indicating all abortion is murder and those who have had abortions are murderers.

And then complains that people react with emotion....

Some priceless shit. I am actually trying the veal right now, but won't be here all week.

While us stated his views very clearly, he hasn't tried to change either mine, or my life, with anything other than words and his individual vote.

What Turtle thinks in his heart doesn't change how he treats people. This is someone who knows him IRL, too. And in building a new world, how you treat people is more important than what think while you're doing so.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Nobody is saying Turtle isn't a sweet, loving, rational, stable individual in real life.

That said, his posting style here in this thread and frequently elsewhere, well . . .

And that's really all most of us here ever have to go on.
quade -

quade

Nobody is saying Turtle isn't a sweet, loving, rational, stable individual in real life.

That said, his posting style here in this thread and frequently elsewhere, well . . .

And that's really all most of us here ever have to go on.

His avatar is cute, and it seems to be holding a solo cup of the good stuff. So I'm pretty sure he's a sweetheart! He loves to push, prod, and goad. Then he feigns surprise when he gets a reaction. I'm on to his turtleful ways!