normiss

Creator of the Planned Parenthood videos!

kallend

You are one who has admitted not having had the will power to say "no", so why are you always so critical of those of us who did say "no"?

blah blah....jesus...blah....speck...blah...eye...plank.

You just don't GET IT kallend.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

You are one who has admitted not having had the will power to say "no", so why are you always so critical of those of us who did say "no"?

In fairness to Ron I'd like to say that I don't feel he is terribly critical of others in this forum. He receives far more criticism than he returns. He does hold positions and beliefs that many find offensive, but that is another matter.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

You probably weren't here for his 'adolescent' phase - when everyone who disagreed with him was labelled as having juvenile or undeveloped thought processes. Or his 'I'm a counsellor' phase where he would diagnose the mental issues of anyone who ever appeared slightly annoyed at him - while his own angry posts were merely calculated attempts at poking the hornets nest to see what happens. Or his opinion of, well, every liberal.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

You probably weren't here for his 'adolescent' phase - when everyone who disagreed with him was labelled as having juvenile or undeveloped thought processes. Or his 'I'm a counsellor' phase where he would diagnose the mental issues of anyone who ever appeared slightly annoyed at him - while his own angry posts were merely calculated attempts at poking the hornets nest to see what happens. Or his opinion of, well, every liberal.

No, I've not seen those behaviors. But it's not hard for me to imagine them. We all fool ourselves somewhat. Ron's self delusions are very obvious. There are worse addictions than religion, but none quite as annoying to outsiders. Most addicts make an effort to hide their problem. People like Ron get all in your face and try to push theirs on everyone else.

As an aside, where did his avator come from? Anyone know? I get the feeling I should recognize the drawing, but I can't place it. I assume it is supposed to represent Jesus as a laughing white northern European man.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

kallend

JK >>And how about the 14 year old girl who is raped and gets pregnant as a result? Or the 13 y/o incest victim?

Turtle > What about her?

Should she be allowed an abortion in your ideal world, where abortion = murder?

This is my world, as it is yours, and it is allowed. What I believe in my ideal world matters not.

What would you be right now if you were the product of rape?
What would you be now if your Mum decided you weren't convenient at the time?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>This is my world, as it is yours, and it is allowed. What I believe in my ideal world matters not.

From your previous post:

"So, just so we are all clear here, because you believe that particular law is just - it must be correct. I must assume then, that there are absolutely no laws on the books that you disagree with then."

So here we have a 14 year old whose life would be put at risk by carrying the fetus to term, and who is pregnant through no fault of her own. If there was a law that told her she had to carry the fetus to term no matter what the risk to her was - would that be a just law?

turtlespeed

JK >>And how about the 14 year old girl who is raped and gets pregnant as a result? Or the 13 y/o incest victim?

Turtle > What about her?

This is my world, as it is yours, and it is allowed. What I believe in my ideal world matters not.

More evasion, equivocation and mental reservation.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Turtle > What about her?

so you both now asked a - "how would you feel if" question that resonates with each of your points of views to each other and are ready to claim victory or insult each other into the weekend.

So what?

The woman should have her choice, she should be responsible for her choice. That's about it.

It doesn't matter how you or Turtle or any of us "feel" about it, doesn't matter if she considers it easy, hard, killing or a simple procedure, etc etc etc. These are all non sequitors. Simply speaking - individual rights are just those. As long as the woman is responsible for either aborting a fetus, or having a baby, I don't care what her reasons are - from convenience .... all the way to self tortured highly nuanced considerations. Both sides should get over trying to define the verbage to make it easier or harder to make their point, and just get out of the way. These one size fits all discussions are pointless.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

gowlerk

As an aside, where did his avator come from? Anyone know? I get the feeling I should recognize the drawing, but I can't place it. I assume it is supposed to represent Jesus as a laughing white northern European man.

Do a Google image search for: laughing jesus
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

kallend

Turtle > What about her?

I have learned a lot form you.
Emulation is the best for of flattery, no?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

rehmwa

Turtle > What about her?

so you both now asked a - "how would you feel if" question that resonates with each of your points of views to each other and are ready to claim victory or insult each other into the weekend.

So what?

The woman should have her choice, she should be responsible for her choice. That's about it.

It doesn't matter how you or Turtle or any of us "feel" about it, doesn't matter if she considers it easy, hard, killing or a simple procedure, etc etc etc. These are all non sequitors. Simply speaking - individual rights are just those. As long as the woman is responsible for either aborting a fetus, or having a baby, I don't care what her reasons are - from convenience .... all the way to self tortured highly nuanced considerations. Both sides should get over trying to define the verbage to make it easier or harder to make their point, and just get out of the way. These one size fits all discussions are pointless.

The irony here is that they continually ask me questions of "feeling" then tell me I'm wrong for my feelings.

"Do you like red?"
NO, I don't.
"Well fuck - you couldn't be any more wrong about that!"

but hey - That's how they like it. It's a superiority complex thing.

The irony here is that they continually ask me questions of "feeling" then tell me I'm wrong for my feelings.

"Do you like red?"
NO, I don't.
"Well fuck - you couldn't be any more wrong about that!"

but hey - That's how they like it. It's a superiority complex thing.

You kept saying your "feelings" were the truth. Now you are saying they are feelings. In response to this you will call it something else. Anything to get a reaction and keep some attention on yourself.

There is a word for that, trolling.

I am torn on the discussion about abortion.
On one side, it's killing babies and we can all certainly appreciate this side of it.
On the other hand, it's giving freedom of choice to women, and I'm not sure I'm OK with that.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

GTAVercetti

Not alive.

Next question.

Is the world a better place because you were NOT aborted?

turtlespeed

Not alive.

Next question.

Obviously not. He's the kind of guy who buys a cashmere rug.

And what about you? Is the world a better place because your parents had sex exactly when they did and not two hours later?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Not alive.

Next question.

Obviously not. He's the kind of guy who buys a cashmere rug.

And what about you? Is the world a better place because your parents had sex exactly when they did and not two hours later?

Yes, otherwise no one would be able to educate you.:D:P

It is not the responsibility of a woman, or you, to make the world a better place. If bearing children is what women are duty bound to do, how is birth control moral? The world might be a better place if she would just stay barefoot and pregnant.

gowlerk

***You probably weren't here for his 'adolescent' phase - when everyone who disagreed with him was labelled as having juvenile or undeveloped thought processes. Or his 'I'm a counsellor' phase where he would diagnose the mental issues of anyone who ever appeared slightly annoyed at him - while his own angry posts were merely calculated attempts at poking the hornets nest to see what happens. Or his opinion of, well, every liberal.

No, I've not seen those behaviors. But it's not hard for me to imagine them. We all fool ourselves somewhat. Ron's self delusions are very obvious. There are worse addictions than religion, but none quite as annoying to outsiders. Most addicts make an effort to hide their problem. People like Ron get all in your face and try to push theirs on everyone else.

They were all amazed that I would fight back and retaliate. They thought I should just roll over.

The avatar is a drawing from the late '80s, when I first saw it, titled, "Laughing Jesus."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

gowlerk

It is not the responsibility of a woman, or you, to make the world a better place. If bearing children is what women are duty bound to do, how is birth control moral? The world might be a better place if she would just stay barefoot and pregnant.

How do you know that?

Or is that just your opinion?

turtlespeed

How do you know that?

I don't know that. I'm asking you.

gowlerk

How do you know that?

I don't know that. I'm asking you.

It is not the responsibility of a woman, or you, to make the world a better place.

That doesn't look like a question.

If bearing children is what women are duty bound to do, how is birth control moral?

This is the heart of the matter, and my question to you. Is preventing potential pregnancy moral. After all, the world may be a better place with some of those none implanted zygotes from women on the pill developing into their potential as humans. So what about it? Where DO YOU draw the line?

turtlespeed

Not alive.

Next question.

For my personal life? Absolutely. For my friends and family. I would say yes. For everyone. Meh.

This question of yours begs the return question of: Are you saying then that everyone person born makes the world better? Because, otherwise, I don't see how my single life fights your argument. If I had been aborted, it is not like I would know it, so I wouldn't really care that it happened.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.