kallend

SC scotches latest conservative bid to steal elections.

rushmc

I will put something on the page

And I can go as low as you need it to go to help you understand

So, the problem in your mind is that you've invented some sort of new, super-intelligent version of the english language that is better than modern english in every single way... except that you're the only one smart enough to understand it?

In that case Rush, yes. Please do dumb down your posts to the level of using normal language like a normal person. That would be just great.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

Sorry
I can try and dumb it down for you.

No dude, that's the problem with your posts, not the solution.

I a very sure I can not get down to the level you would understand

Sorry

At some point you should realize your replies are mere confirmations.

rushmc

Sorry

Sorry

When one guy is telling the crowd they are all dumb while they repeatedly say they can't understand what the fuck he is talking about, it just MIGHT be the reverse. There are outliers of course.

You are not an outlier.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

rushmc

Sorry

Sorry

RushMc: living proof that monkeys mashing keyboards will never produce the works of Shakespeare...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Sorry

Sorry

RushMc: living proof that monkeys mashing keyboards will never produce the works of Shakespeare...

There's a saying about wrestling with a pig that applies here.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

rushmc

So slaves weren't equal to white people, who automatically got counted as 1. They were barter chips in a grander scheme, of lower quality, ability and worth.

No, that's not it either. The reality is that the slaves were not considered fully human, and therefore not really people. It was simply a way for the northern and southern states to divide up power in a way they could both agree on. No one gave any consideration at all to the worth of slaves as people.

you are as wrong as the rest of them
The reasons are in the google link I posted
You prefer not to learn

The fact they are being bartered with as a political ploy indicates they aren't seen as equivalent to a white person.

SkyDekker

The fact they are being bartered with as a political ploy indicates they aren't seen as equivalent to a white person.

This is clear. and since history began - seems arguing against that is futile

And it's also happening today - entire demographics are being bartered for political gain (the left playing on resentment of entire groups, the right playing on fear, specifically Trump demonizing certain demographics). And it's constant and full court press. We're supposed to have grown since back then, but IMO, we've not, we've just gotten more subtle at it. Subtle enough to get those groups being bartered to buy into it and think they are being helped instead of exploited.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It had little to do with an equivalency. It was a tactic to try and end slavery.

The slave holders bought into it for two reasons
1) they agreed blacks were worth less than whites
2) the south thought that their population would grow faster than the north and they would get the representation they needed to keep the slaves
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This is clear. and since history began - seems arguing against that is futile

Yet rush will continue to do so...

And it's also happening today - entire demographics are being bartered for political gain (the left playing on resentment of entire groups, the right playing on fear, specifically Trump demonizing certain demographics).

Yet funny enough I don't see that as being the same as dehumanizing black people.

SkyDekker

Yet funny enough I don't see that as being the same as dehumanizing black people.

It's not, it's dehumanizing all people. Kind of my point. They did this back then, now they don't do that specifically, they've extended it to everyone.

We're just trading cards.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

It's not, it's dehumanizing all people. Kind of my point. They did this back then, now they don't do that specifically, they've extended it to everyone.

We're just trading cards.

Except we have, granted limited, control over the role we play in the deck. Black people at the time had no control over that at all and also had absolutely no representation.

I don't see it as being equivalent to what is happening now.

SkyDekker

I don't see it as being equivalent to what is happening now.

agree (other than I don't ever consider self control to be 'granted', rather it is taken, recovered, fought for because it should be our natural condition as individuals)

I never said equivalent if your plan is to strawman me and get the attack squad all worked up - like they need an excuse. I said it's changed, evolved, and has it's own face happening throughout time - and it never stops.

I'm happy we aren't living in that world from over a century ago. I'm certainly not wired to accept those attitudes. Likely 100 years from now, someone will feel the same about our world and not differentiate between the subtle differences of sides we all seem to think are so huge today.