kallend

My dog died - can I miss the test?

nolhtairt

******I got an email from a student a couple days ago informing me that she just realized that she missed the last exam. It was three weeks ago! She was busy with other things and it just slipped her mind. She wanted to know what she could do now to make up those points.

Isn't she entitled?

If she cared enough about her grades to ask how to make up for it, she shouldn't have missed it in the first place. :|

That was my thought too. I pointed out that the course requirements have to be the same for everyone in the class. I can't give her alternate exams or assignments.

I suggested she start attending class, turn in the remaining homework assignments when they are due (she's missing a couple of assignments too), and study for the final since she will need to ace it.

sandi

*********I got an email from a student a couple days ago informing me that she just realized that she missed the last exam. It was three weeks ago! She was busy with other things and it just slipped her mind. She wanted to know what she could do now to make up those points.

Isn't she entitled?

If she cared enough about her grades to ask how to make up for it, she shouldn't have missed it in the first place. :|

That was my thought too. I pointed out that the course requirements have to be the same for everyone in the class. I can't give her alternate exams or assignments.

I suggested she start attending class, turn in the remaining homework assignments when they are due (she's missing a couple of assignments too), and study for the final since she will need to ace it.

Sorry, That was a double entendre . . . It should have been a little more emojified.:P:)

(Did I just make up a new word?)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun