kallend

"Drill, baby, drill"

>> Let's see what effect similar plants elsewhere have:

>sim·i·lar
>adjective
>1.
>resembling without being identical.

You finally figured it out! Yay! They resemble - but are not identical (or equal) to - the plant in Penn. Now you've got it! A few more of these revelations and your posts will make a lot more sense.

billvon

>> Let's see what effect similar plants elsewhere have:

>sim·i·lar
>adjective
>1.
>resembling without being identical.

You finally figured it out! Yay! They resemble - but are not identical (or equal) to - the plant in Penn. Now you've got it! A few more of these revelations and your posts will make a lot more sense.

Well then . . . A mandarin Orange is similar to a Mango, they are orange on the inside wen ripe, and are also both fruit.

But A mandarin orange is also similar to a naval orange.

I suppose you should qualify your similarity argument with the specific points of similarity you are trying to use.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

I suppose you should qualify your similarity argument with the specific points of similarity you are trying to use.

You know, a modern nuclear plant is similar to a lighter. That's why it's important to make sure the cap is over the flint before putting it in your pocket.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Well then . . . A mandarin Orange is similar to a Mango, they are orange on the inside
>wen ripe, and are also both fruit.

[Brenthutch mode]
Oh, so a mandarin orange is identical to a mango? What kind of dope would say something like that? You have obviously never had either!
[/Brenthutch mode]

Wait, it sounds like you mean "coal fired plants"?!?!?!?!
That's heavy, man.

You deadenders, heads back in the coal dust please.
Thank you.

I'm still happy my PowerGen experience was gas and steam powered turbines.
Why the hell do they pronounce that singular type of turbine as "turban" anyway???
:S:D

normiss

Wait, it sounds like you mean "coal fired plants"?!?!?!?!
That's heavy, man.

You deadenders, heads back in the coal dust please.
Thank you.

I'm still happy my PowerGen experience was gas and steam powered turbines.
Why the hell do they pronounce that singular type of turbine as "turban" anyway???
:S:D

Because Aziz Hussain Alaackbar does the trouble shooting phone calls.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Entirely inaccurate, not funny, and troubleshooting is one word.
:P

FYI, the troubleshooting was performed by Americans, Germans, Italians, Brazilians, and a handful of Canadians.
I'm sure I've left out a few that also perform these tasks, but these were the ones I worked with.
Quite varied in beliefs and religions as well.

brenthutch

******Never said it did. I hope you are playing dumb.

you said regulations = subsidies
bill said those laws (that define the regs) != subsidies

You then say you did not say the first sentence.

Now who is playing dumb? Are you keeping track of what you are saying?

You can't keep up? Sorry, I'll type slower.

You are pretty unbelievable. I point out a direct contradiction and you deflect.

It is like arguing with a rock.

I just insulted rocks.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Bolas

I just insulted rocks.

Resist the urge to pun...
Resist the urge to pun...

Please don't!

Resistance is futile.:P

billvon

>You are correct. We will burn coal if we need to. But we don't need to.

Increasingly, neither does China. China coal use was down 1.3% in 2014, and down 5% in 2015. They are getting sick of the smog as well.

While they build a coal fired power plant every week!?!?
Me thinks the reduction in coal usage has more to do with an economic downturn than finding Eco-religion.

>While they build a coal fired power plant every week!?!?

Not any more. And most of the plants they have already built won't be used:

==============
When finished, the [Chinese coal power] plant, run by a company owned by the Beijing government, is expected to have a generating capacity of 700 megawatts of power, more than the total of similar plants in Ohio. But whether it will actually be used to its fullest is questionable, despite the investment of $580 million.

That is because the plant is scheduled to come online in three years amid a glut of coal-fired power plants — an astounding 155 planned projects received a permit this year alone, with total capacity equal to nearly 40 percent of operational coal power plants in the United States.

China’s economic slowdown and the government’s pledges to use more renewable and nuclear energy make some of the country’s existing plants and most or all of the 155 new ones unnecessary, according to interviews with officials and scholars, a review of public statistics and a report released Wednesday about the “coal power bubble” by Greenpeace East Asia. There are already too many plants, as shown by a steady decline in the plants’ average operating hours since 2013. . . .

“China already has more coal capacity than it will ever need,” Zhang Boting, vice chairman of the China Society for Hydropower Engineering, said in an interview. “A few years down the road, we’ll see what a waste the plants are. We have seen this happen to the steel and cement industries.”
============
No Coal-fired Power Plants to be Newly Constructed in China after 2030

At the China Power Conference convened during China Clean Energy Expo 2014(CEEC 2014) at the end of March this year, Vice President of China Electricity Council and senior expert on power sector planning, Mr. Wei Zhaofeng, points out that there will be no newly constructed coal-fired power plant nationwide after 2030. This comment made on the China's most influential clean energy exposition aroused heated discussions and brought hope to the public who are highly concerned with the improvement of China's environment.

The overall scale of China's power industry ranks the first in the world. After maintaining rapid development for years, the total installed generation capacity of China reached 1247GW in 2013. However, according to Mr. Wei, China's power sector is now facing new challenges. . . .the growth of "green proportion" in the power generation mix is speeding up. By the end of 2013, the proportion of coal-fired generation capacity in the total power generation capacity was decreased to below 70%. The capacity of clean energy generation, including hydropower, wind power, nuclear power, solar power and natural gas generation reached 461GW, accounting for 37% of the total capacity; and the electricity generation from clean energy reached 1400TWh, 26% of the total generation. With the medium-high growth rate of national economy and external demands of ecological civilization construction, the proportion of coal-fired generation capacity will keep decreasing. Fourth, the standards for energy saving and emissions reduction is getting stricter and stricter. In recent years, required by the government, China's power industry has been taking aggressive measures in energy saving and emissions reduction. In 2013, all kinds of pollutant emissions of China's power industry were reduced to the world advanced level. Coal equivalent consumption for power supply in China was 321g/KWh, and the line loss was 6.67%. For the fine particles, SO2, NOX emissions per KWh kept decreasing; carbon emission intensity in coal-fired power plants also reached world class.
=======================

billvon

>Well then . . . A mandarin Orange is similar to a Mango, they are orange on the inside
>wen ripe, and are also both fruit.

[Brenthutch mode]
Oh, so a mandarin orange is identical to a mango? What kind of dope would say something like that? You have obviously never had either!
[/Brenthutch mode]

PA much lately? Moderater, moderate thyself.

Well, she has a point.

He's a kid's show host.

And just like when he debated Ken Hamm on evolution, he's probably a very good person to do this.

He does a great job of taking fairly complex subjects and explaining them on a level that his target audience can understand.

That Palin still doesn't get it means that she is either in serious denial, or that she can't understand stuff explained on an elementary school level. ;)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Got to love Republicans.

Talking about climate change and what the potential impacts on the earth could be is dangerous alarmism and should be avoided at all costs.

Using manufactured and doctored information to create enough fear to invade other countries and murder hundreds of thousands is perfectly acceptable.

wolfriverjoe

That Palin still doesn't get it means that she is either in serious denial, or that she can't understand stuff explained on an elementary school level. ;)

Maybe she's been on Speaker's Corner and just pretends to not understand anything that disagrees with her positions.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***That Palin still doesn't get it means that she is either in serious denial, or that she can't understand stuff explained on an elementary school level. ;)

Maybe she's been on Speaker's Corner and just pretends to not understand anything that disagrees with her positions.

If true, what you posted here, you must be her teacher.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln