SivaGanesha

Isabel Peron--deposed as Argentina president 40 years ago today--Obama in Argentina today

Was just curious how folks feel about Isabel Peron.

She was the president of Argentina and was deposed 40 years ago today.

She was the first female president of any country in the Western hemisphere.

Our current president Mr. Obama is currently on a state visit to Argentina.

She got her political start by supporting her husband's presidency--just like a current candidate here in America.

Don't get me wrong--I love Evita--but Isabel Peron is a more controversial figure.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

We now know that Kissinger was a strong supporter of the purge of the left wingers by the military junta that took over after the coup. They "dissappeared" a lot of people and tortured many others. USA stands to be embarrassed when all the documents are declassified.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

I hear in a few days he will be going to a country built on genocide and slave labor. Shameful really.

Hey, we made sure that all the people who were responsible for those crimes against humanity are not just in jail, they're dead. Justice, eh?

In any event, I don't see the people who bitch about being wrested from their ancestral homelands doing much about returning (Israel being an exception). If anything, there is a movement among the sub-Saharan types to adhere to the ism that sold them into slavery in the first place.

Your self-righteous snark is thus noted and shelved.

winsor

***I hear in a few days he will be going to a country built on genocide and slave labor. Shameful really.

Hey, we made sure that all the people who were responsible for those crimes against humanity are not just in jail, they're dead. Justice, eh?

I took it as he was saying that in a few days he'll be back in the USA.

Gone fishing

Zep

******I hear in a few days he will be going to a country built on genocide and slave labor. Shameful really.

Right, and all the people involved in the pre-civil war slave trade are dead, aren't they?;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

Yup.

And the people were so upset at learning the past - I personally made sure all the founding fathers were dead. In fact - all of those that started the original slavery movement here are now dead.

I feel cleansed.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jakee

*********I hear in a few days he will be going to a country built on genocide and slave labor. Shameful really.

Right, and all the people involved in the pre-civil war slave trade are dead, aren't they?;)

Thinking like me now, I see.:):o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun