Iago

ISIS attack in Brussels

Zero outrage at any of the terrorist acts in the US prior to 9/11.
Selective memory to say the least.
IIRC, doesn't the JDL have the highest number of attacks? Either that group or The Army of God anyway.
Fucking nutters are everywhere, kill all Muslims isn't the correct answer.
Unless you're Drumpf.

kallend

******"Have you noticed that every nation that opens their arms to Muslim refugees gets repaid with destruction and body count." ~Author Unknown

You know I really get pissed off with closed minded and biggoted people. I've got two young Muslims on my team at work both with PHDs in engineering and one is from Iraq and the other Iran. They were discussing how bad the attacks were and what makes people do something so horrific.

It's ironic how similar Western fundamentalists are, it's just they celebrate predator drones hitting the 'towel heads'. Perhaps a little introspection on what your God said to old George Bush when 'he' told him to bring body count and destruction to the Muslims:o

I don't recall much American outrage over Catholics when the IRA was regularly bombing London, Birmingham, Manchester, and other cities in the UK and producing a much higher body count. In fact, the American response was mostly to send guns and money to the terrorists.

The difference is that in Ireland, the issue wasn't religion per se. What church one attended was a function of WHO one was more than what they did or did not believe.

The English Lords and Masters attended Anglican church.

The Scots Foremen and Overseers attended Presbyterian church.

The Subjected Bog Trotters attended Catholic church.

There is nothing more or less in the liturgy of one church or another that says "yea, verily, go forth and smite those that understandeth not the Truth, and cleave to the wickedness of the false way..."

The Koran, OTOH, says again and again and again that one should believe without question or be summarily put to death, very specifically.

For the record, I agree that the patterns of behavior in the Hebrew Scriptures are reflective of a seriously dysfunctional society, and think anyone espousing the kind of genocide that he-who-must-not-be-named ordered is one seriously sick puppy. Most Parsha readings use one Patriarch or another as Mr. Bad Example.

In any event, the IRA was/is a seriously malevolent crowd. However, Daesh makes the IRA look angelic by comparison.

I would be happy to never, ever have anything whatsoever to do with any of them. If I could live long and healthy and never again hear of terrorists of any stripe, that would be fine with me.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

*********"Have you noticed that every nation that opens their arms to Muslim refugees gets repaid with destruction and body count." ~Author Unknown

You know I really get pissed off with closed minded and biggoted people. I've got two young Muslims on my team at work both with PHDs in engineering and one is from Iraq and the other Iran. They were discussing how bad the attacks were and what makes people do something so horrific.

It's ironic how similar Western fundamentalists are, it's just they celebrate predator drones hitting the 'towel heads'. Perhaps a little introspection on what your God said to old George Bush when 'he' told him to bring body count and destruction to the Muslims:o

I don't recall much American outrage over Catholics when the IRA was regularly bombing London, Birmingham, Manchester, and other cities in the UK and producing a much higher body count. In fact, the American response was mostly to send guns and money to the terrorists.

The difference is that in Ireland, the issue wasn't religion per se. What church one attended was a function of WHO one was more than what they did or did not believe.

I fail to see that this has any relevance to Americans sending guns and money to one terrorist group while being outraged over another.

And as someone already implied, the number of Americans shot dead by other Americans since yesterday morning is almost certainly higher than the Brussels body count.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

And as someone already implied, the number of Americans shot dead by other Americans since yesterday morning is almost certainly higher than the Brussels body count.

Usually black on black violence, at least that seems to be the situation in ATL. A friend of mine, retired LEO, said we should just think of it like a self cleaning oven. Thugs just fight and kill each other. I don't like them. On the upside, Channel 2 and 5 News are guaranteed stories for 6 o'clock.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Both of the identified suspects were born in Bryssel and brothers.

Video testament from one of them found where he says that he "doesnt know what to do", "Im wanted everywhere", "i dont feel safe", "i dont wanna risk going to a cell like Abdeslam".

The police started looking for these men days before this happend but in relation to the attack in Paris.

So far it seems as if this was relativly unplanned - they planned something but it seems this was an emergency plan now that they were under pressure.

kallend

************"Have you noticed that every nation that opens their arms to Muslim refugees gets repaid with destruction and body count." ~Author Unknown

I fail to see that this has any relevance to Americans sending guns and money to one terrorist group while being outraged over another.

My father, who grew up in Boston, said that his impression of the Irish in the U.S. had nothing to do with what he encountered in his time in either Eire or Ulster.

The people who were sending guns and money to the IRA from the U.S. were those who give the Irish a bad name.

By and large, most people I knew found it appalling.

As far as people being shot goes, if you remove some of the lower socioeconomic portions of the population from the equation, delete suicides and justifiable homicide, the threat of being shot is on a par with being struck by lightning or winning the lottery.

Don't get me wrong, the consequences are severe, but it is not something I worry about since I stay out of neighborhoods where gang disputes are an issue (and live across from a police station...).

winsor

My father, who grew up in Boston, said that his impression of the Irish in the U.S. had nothing to do with what he encountered in his time in either Eire or Ulster.

The people who were sending guns and money to the IRA from the U.S. were those who give the Irish a bad name.

As far as people being shot goes, if you remove some of the lower socioeconomic portions of the population from the equation, delete suicides and justifiable homicide, the threat of being shot is on a par with being struck by lightning or winning the lottery.

Don't get me wrong, the consequences are severe, but it is not something I worry about since I stay out of neighborhoods where gang disputes are an issue (and live across from a police station...).

If you remove a majority of anything that causes anything you will be left with less of this anything.

Am i understanding this right? So basicly, lets just think like this about all problems and statistics and it will all be fine. Good.

If we dont count all the extremists doing wierd shit, no wierd shit is happening, end of discussion.

Kadde

If you remove a majority of anything that causes anything you will be left with less of this anything.

Am i understanding this right? So basicly, lets just think like this about all problems and statistics and it will all be fine. Good.

If we dont count all the extremists doing wierd shit, no wierd shit is happening, end of discussion.

Dr. Kallend lives on the notorious South Side of Chicago, but is actually in a rather tony section. Where he is, there is effectively zero chance that somebody is going to respond to being dissed by spraying the area with random gunfire, nor will anyone be required to cap their homey for calling their ho a bitch.

The statistics are badly skewed by malevolent subcultures, and references to the dangers of 'gun violence' all too often use these anomalies without attribution.

The least violent environments in which I have lived have included those where effectively everyone was heavily armed, so I am not buying the blanket observations.

Rwanda had almost no 'gun violence' when hundreds of thousands were dispatched with machetes. It's the practitioner, not the implement.

BSBD,

Winsor

RonD1120

Usually black on black violence, at least that seems to be the situation in ATL.

Well, that's OK then. Carry on.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

************"Have you noticed that every nation that opens their arms to Muslim refugees gets repaid with destruction and body count." ~Author Unknown

I suppose you mean the Muslim brotherhood, right? That terrorist group?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

In any event, the IRA was/is a seriously malevolent crowd. However, Daesh makes the IRA look angelic by comparison.

Not really. If the choice is between being stoned to death or having your kneecaps and elbows drilled out and then shot in the head I really don't think there's a clear winner.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Usually black on black violence, at least that seems to be the situation in ATL. A friend of mine, retired LEO, said we should just think of it like a self cleaning oven. Thugs just fight and kill each other. I don't like them.

I sure hope I misunderstand. The inference I'm getting is that black on black violence, regardless of the innocence of the victims, is like a self-cleaning oven (not all black people are automatically guilty). And the "them" in there -- is that only "thugs" (which you have previously described as young black guys wearing hoodies and loose pants who aren't entirely law-abiding), or all black people?

I realize that in this new era of the end of PC, some folks are looking forward to being able to say "spic, dago, polack, nigger, raghead, paki," and lots of other words in public without being called on it. Or, if they are called on it, they can just react "appropriately." Which can include "defending themselves" if they feel threatened. It's fucking offensive.

Why is bullying so attractive?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

Usually black on black violence, at least that seems to be the situation in ATL. A friend of mine, retired LEO, said we should just think of it like a self cleaning oven. Thugs just fight and kill each other. I don't like them. On the upside, Channel 2 and 5 News are guaranteed stories for 6 o'clock.

One day we will hear of your Essie Mae.

wmw999

Usually black on black violence, at least that seems to be the situation in ATL. A friend of mine, retired LEO, said we should just think of it like a self cleaning oven. Thugs just fight and kill each other. I don't like them.

I sure hope I misunderstand. The inference I'm getting is that black on black violence, regardless of the innocence of the victims, is like a self-cleaning oven (not all black people are automatically guilty). And the "them" in there -- is that only "thugs" (which you have previously described as young black guys wearing hoodies and loose pants who aren't entirely law-abiding), or all black people?

I realize that in this new era of the end of PC, some folks are looking forward to being able to say "spic, dago, polack, nigger, raghead, paki," and lots of other words in public without being called on it. Or, if they are called on it, they can just react "appropriately." Which can include "defending themselves" if they feel threatened. It's fucking offensive.

Why is bullying so attractive?

Wendy P.

Going by the news, innocence seems only to apply to the deceased. It appears that two thugs fight and one gets killed. It is a daily occurrence.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

SkyDekker

I do not trust Muslims. I do not like thugs.

Yes you do, just not muslim ones.

Thugs is his word for black people.

Not exclusively, however that appears to be the regular scenario in ATL.

RonD1120

Right, and you know a retired guy, who has it on good standing that he knows a guy with a friend who is black and not a thug.

SkyDekker

Right, and you know a retired guy, who has it on good standing that he knows a guy with a friend who is black and not a thug.

Pay attention, I'm talking about the nightly news.