Iago

ISIS attack in Brussels

I guess I find calling people names based on what they do far less offensive than calling them names based on what they are.

And maybe I should have left "prepper" out. I was looking for a lighthearted and kind of funny word. Given the amount of posting he's doing right now (i.e. this morning), and the generally lighthearted tone of some of it, I have a feeling he is just horsing around in here at the moment. Which is fine; some of my finest hours on dz.com have been spent talking smack :D

I don't recall trying to force you to have an abortion, or trying to influence your work against it, or on behalf of adoption. If I did, I apologize.

Somewhere here in the culture wars we have an impasse; each cadre wants a group to change their behavior to honor the group's beliefs. In one case, the religious conservatives want people who are liberal to stop swearing, acting (or being) gay, etc so they can have a world they are conservative with. And the people who are not religious conservatives want the religious conservatives to either isolate themselves from that world, or accept it. We just get to live through it.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

And maybe I should have left "prepper" out. I was looking for a lighthearted and kind of funny word.

ya, ya - that's what they all say. Now you're just trying to respond "appropriately" in "defending" yourself as stated in post #42.

"It's fucking offensive."
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

normiss

And the people celebrating a human sacrifice are insane.
BTW, we're just humans.
Lighten up Francis.

We observe the sacrifice on Good Friday. We celebrate the resurrection on Sunday.

"We sing hallelujah to the risen Lord."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

So, like ISIS, you love to celebrate the death of humans.

Unlike ISIS, we celebrate life - but far be it from me to expect you to actually try and understand.:S

Sorry Ron, I didn't even realize it was Friday - I'm such a good christian, yes?

normiss

So, like ISIS, you love to celebrate the death of humans.

No grasshopper, we celebrate victory over death. You are have a comprehension struggle.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

I look forward to your return after death Ron.

Yeah, I have been advised that I will get orders to return. That's gonna be way off though.

RonD1120

***I look forward to your return after death Ron.

Yeah, I have been advised that I will get orders to return. That's gonna be way off though.

Given his world view, that's just another way of him saying that he looks forward to your death - what a nice guy.

normiss

Don't put words in my mouth, that was not my meaning in any way.

I don't celebrate the death of any human by eating their flesh and drinking their blood.
Again, insane.

I know, you're not Catholic - neither am I. (anymore)

Never have been, only been in a funeral at a catholic church.
Interesting how many other churches do the same damn thing though.
I think there's something in the bible about it being in memory of some zombie dude with a missing body. Weird.
Scary as all get out to children....and the less educated.
It's child abuse to brain wash children with false tales of eternal torture.

Coreeece

***Naw, he's just having fun now, talking prepper smack. :D

That's funny - you'll sit there on your high horse and say that calling someone a pollack if "fucking offensive!"

But you have no problem shitting all over a "prepper".

You know Wendy, I think abortion is "fucking offensive," but you don't give a shit about that, do you? - so fuck your little list of offensive words and your self righteous hypocritical bullshit.

Do you understand the difference between an ethnic group and a group with similar behaviors? One is born that way, the other makes a choice. As a general rule it's fair game to make fun of people's choices.

Wendy has always shown respect for the views of anti-choicers.

And I don't see how anyone can not find humour in the whole "prepper" thing. It's hilarious.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

normiss

Never have been, only been in a funeral at a catholic church.
Interesting how many other churches do the same damn thing though.
I think there's something in the bible about it being in memory of some zombie dude with a missing body. Weird.
Scary as all get out to children....and the less educated.

Hey mark, wanna go chow down on some dead human flesh and wash it down with a couple of pints of blood? I think we should hit the nearest bar for those kind of things -

Let's see - Oh yeah - Church will do.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Agreed, it's also child abuse to brain wash children with false tales that there is no meaning to life - that nothing matters and anything goes. That humans came from hedonistic primordial shit.

The Christ myth is one of humanity's most beautiful stories. Just because someone knows that it is false is no reason to denigrate someone else's belief in it. Everyone has to believe something.

I had also forgotten that it is Good Friday. Enjoy your celebration of the life of Christ.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Agreed, it's also child abuse to brain wash children with false tales that there is no meaning to life - that nothing matters and anything goes. That humans came from hedonistic primordial shit.

You are equally wrong to denigrate the belief that life is a mystery. Just because someone does not believe in God does not mean they they think life is devoid of meaning. Nothing matters and anything goes is only your interpretation of Atheism. I assure you it is not the general view of Atheists.

gowlerk

The Christ myth is one of humanity's most beautiful stories. Just because someone knows that it is false is no reason to denigrate someone else's belief in it. Everyone has to believe something.

I had also forgotten that it is Good Friday. Enjoy your celebration of the life of Christ.

You truly are an inspiration to the human spirit.

I hope we can all come to a more centrist system that quade talked about.

gowlerk

You are equally wrong to denigrate the belief that life is a mystery. Just because someone does not believe in God does not mean they they think life is devoid of meaning. Nothing matters and anything goes is only your interpretation of Atheism. I assure you it is not the general view of Atheists.

...and then you lose you mind and get all emotional, like a normal human.

good for you.

Coreeece

Primordial shit is not hedonistic.

It can't be - or rather - it couldn't have been.

Hedonism is a product of ones belief system. Not only did primordial shit not have a belief system, it wasn't aware of self.

That took millions of years.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Coreeece

nonsense - hedonism was always the objective of primordial shit.

I think I know what you are trying to say, but perhaps hedonism is not the exact word to use.

Hedonism is a school of thought that argues that pleasure is the primary or most important intrinsic good.[1] A hedonist strives to maximize net pleasure (pleasure minus pain).

Unless of course you are referring to a particular group of humans as "primordial shit"?