quade

Not just a threat to the US, but a threat to the world

Quote:
You telling someone to expand where they get their info is laughable!!!

Perfect grammar and spelling. Well done!

I think it should be 'your', not 'you', but I suspect I'll be corrected in short order.

- Dan G

DanG

Quote:
You telling someone to expand where they get their info is laughable!!!

Perfect grammar and spelling. Well done!

I think it should be 'your', not 'you', but I suspect I'll be corrected in short order.

Either way is acceptable.

"Do I Hate Your Singing or You Singing?"

Research - Using possessives with gerunds.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

rushmc

The ONLY thing Trump is a treat to is the political establishments power!
And in the end, this may not be true either.

But, the elites fear this the most.

Do you have any idea why the DOW has been down for several months?
Do you have any idea why it has very recently rebounded?

It's because the economy and in particular investors (as well as probably your pension fund) doesn't like wild uncertainty.

Trump brings HUGE amount of uncertainty into the global economy. That's not just the "elites", but it's also the little guy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RMK

***Must have been a slow lazy news day at BBC when they feel obliged to produce an article from some freebie web site.

freebie web site?? The Economist is probably the most well-written and articulate publication available; have you ever read a copy.

If you have, you may have also noticed that no articles in the Economist note the author - so no "grandstanding" or self promotion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TRUE

Probably not a CEO or executive of any major company in the world that doesn't read it or subscribe to the digital edition.

"The Economist is an English-language weekly newspaper owned by the Economist Group and edited in offices based in London.[4][5][6] Continuous publication began under founder James Wilson in September 1843. For historical reasons, ...

Praise and accolades

In 2005, the Chicago Tribune named it the best English-language magazine noting its strength in international reporting "where it does not feel moved to cover a faraway land only at a time of unmitigated disaster" and that it kept a wall between its reporting and its more conservative editorial policies.[116]

As the guest on BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs on 31 January 2016, Bill Gates confessed to reading The Economist "from cover to cover every week".[117]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Economist

There is a reason why the Economist's statements/opinions on Mr Trump generated such worldwide interest and alarm. Why newspapers picked up on the story from S. Africa to Argentina to Canada to Norway.

RMK

***Must have been a slow lazy news day at BBC when they feel obliged to produce an article from some freebie web site.

freebie web site?? The Economist is probably the most well-written and articulate publication available; have you ever read a copy.

Their mission statement is "to take part in a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress."

How the fuck are timid, ignorant people even a bloody threat? What a bunch of wankers.

RMK

If you have, you may have also noticed that no articles in the Economist note the author - so no "grandstanding" or self promotion.

Nor accountability. They can just write whatever biased bullshit they please without consequence and people swallow it whole because it's, "articulate" - it must be true!
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

RonD1120

Once again I am amused by the concern of the Brits with American politics. Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics.

Well there was that one article about how their leaders spent hours locked up in a rather embarrassing charade of self righteousness indignation, deliberating over whether or not to ban Donald Trump from their good graces like a bunch whingeing little poofs.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>Well there was that one article about how their leaders spent hours locked up in a rather embarrassing
>charade of self righteousness indignation, deliberating over whether or not to ban Donald Trump from
>their good graces like a bunch whingeing little poofs.

And we spend hours debating whether to change the name of the french fries in the Congressional cafeteria to "freedom fries" like a bunch of xenophobic assholes. One of the defining aspects of any government is a fondness for wasting time to make pointless statements.

>Their mission statement is "to take part in a severe contest between intelligence, which presses
>forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress."

>How the fuck are timid, ignorant people even a bloody threat? What a bunch of wankers.

Uh - you do realize they were not referring to timid, ignorant _people_, right?

Coreeece

***Once again I am amused by the concern of the Brits with American politics. Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics.

Well there was that one article about how their leaders spent hours locked up in a rather embarrassing charade of self righteousness indignation, deliberating over whether or not to ban Donald Trump from their good graces like a bunch whingeing little poofs.

Yeah, I forgot about that one. I guess my point is that the country is so boring there just isn't anything to get excited about.

I miss the days of Princess Di and Prince Charles and their adulterous gadabouts.

A former parachutist and friend has lived in England for some time. He bemoans the infusion and acceptance of the Muslim welfare recipients. No one else seems to care much. They just want America to join in their economic misery.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

quade

***The ONLY thing Trump is a treat to is the political establishments power!

It's because the economy and in particular investors (as well as probably your pension fund) doesn't like wild uncertainty.

Trump brings HUGE amount of uncertainty into the global economy. That's not just the "elites", but it's also the little guy.

Now it is already Trumps fault:D:D

I gotta admit Paul

I am looking more forward to your posts and threads this election cycle more than any before

:D

BTW

I think it is YOU who has no idea!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

A former parachutist and friend has lived in England for some time. He bemoans the infusion and acceptance of the Muslim welfare recipients. No one else seems to care much. They just want America to join in their economic misery.

So he's an immigrant bitching about immigrants?

I guess he's as oblivious to irony as you are!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

BIGUN

Research - Using possessives with gerunds.

I forget, is a gerund a nut? or a legume?

or is it underwear?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rushmc

******The ONLY thing Trump is a treat to is the political establishments power!

Now it is already Trumps fault:D:D

I didn't say it's his fault per se, but the idea of him running brings a HUGE amount of uncertainty into the equation.

Just follow the VIX from the moment he said he was going to run, up to this point. As he became more and more of a possibility, the VIX went up and the DOW went down. As soon as the adults in the room figured out they really needed to stop him because he'd wreck the economy of the world and they started doing something about it to #DumpTrump the VIX goes back down and the DOW goes back up.

Uncertainty IS bad for the economy. Trump is a HUGE chunk of uncertainty.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Among the only many threats he poses is to the establishment politicians world economy.

You really ought to hire a proofreader.

Wouldn't be you.....
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

***the only threat he poses is to the establishment politicians

How do you figure that? Can you explain how he is a threat to them?

their power

There is reason they pick the nominees every cycle.

The Dems are doing the same with Hillary

How? Super delegates

Now, go read the Federalist Papers
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******the only threat he poses is to the establishment politicians

their power

How? Super delegates

You are just spewing some words, some catch phrases.

Can you explain it at all beyond those buzz words?

SkyDekker

*********the only threat he poses is to the establishment politicians

their power

How? Super delegates

You are just spewing some words, some catch phrases.

Can you explain it at all beyond those buzz words?

Not today
Don't have time

Now go read
Abraham Lincoln

No, no, no. All the conservatives have been railing for seven years that Obama is bad for the economy because of the uncertainty he generates. Businesses never know what their taxes or regulations will look like next month.

But uncertainty around Trump is not a problem for the economy because he's going to make great deals. The best deals.

- Dan G

>But uncertainty around Trump is not a problem for the economy because he's going to make
>great deals. The best deals.

Trump generates terrific uncertainty, great uncertainty, everyone loves it. Not like Obama's lame uncertainty.