quade

Not just a threat to the US, but a threat to the world

Donald Trump winning the US presidency is considered one of the top 10 risks facing the world, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.

The research firm warns he could disrupt the global economy and heighten political and security risks in the US.

However, it does not expect Mr Trump to defeat Hillary Clinton who it sees as "his most likely Democratic contender".

He is rated as riskier than Britain leaving the European Union or an armed clash in the South China Sea.

Source article: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35828747
Graphic from article: https://gfs.eiu.com/Archive.aspx?archiveType=globalrisk
Detail: https://gfs.eiu.com/Article.aspx?articleType=gr&articleId=2876

Months ago I said the "adults" would step in to stop Trump from ever becoming President because he was too destabilizing a force for the economy to bear.

Glad to see that being backed up by hard core fiscal conservatives.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Must have been a slow lazy news day at BBC when they feel obliged to produce an article from some freebie web site.

People worried about Regan's finger on the bomb but it all turned out fine in the end - we were in a bit more debt and cold war ended.

Whether one likes Trump or not the fact is president's have problems if they try to implement too crazy a policy.

Regan's finger on the bomb

Whoa! I thought Regan Tetlow was just an organizer. Man, I should have sucked up more!

That said
Naw, that's all that needs to be said. Quade said the rest.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wan2doit

Whether one likes Trump or not the fact is president's have problems if they try to implement too crazy a policy.

Correct. The executive branch can't do much all by itself. We have all those balance of powers that contain anyone from running unchecked. That includes Obama, and also Trump if he's elected.

The biggest threat, is that this elections showing the real americans and america. It show how many nutheads (guess with weapons) how likely they are to vote for an coming despot.

Seriously, there is no sense in being willing to let a man like Trump get the hands on the weel.

Is this the man you proudly want to serve? Your kids look up to, and being their president.

wan2doit

Must have been a slow lazy news day at BBC when they feel obliged to produce an article from some freebie web site.

freebie web site?? The Economist is probably the most well-written and articulate publication available; have you ever read a copy.

If you have, you may have also noticed that no articles in the Economist note the author - so no "grandstanding" or self promotion.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Once again I am amused by the concern of the Brits with American politics. Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics. Oh well, on to the point.

I think a good argument can be made that Trump is likely to disrupt the economy of the Mexican drug cartels. If he builds the wall, which has been approved by Congress, the drug traffic will be adversely effected. My fear is that he will be removed from the campaign with extreme prejudice.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The ONLY thing Trump is a treat to is the political establishments power!
And in the end, this may not be true either.

But, the elites fear this the most.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The biggest threat, is that this elections showing the real americans and america. It show how many nutheads (guess with weapons) how likely they are to vote for an coming despot.

Seriously, there is no sense in being willing to let a man like Trump get the hands on the weel.

Is this the man you proudly want to serve? Your kids look up to, and being their president.

More so that who we have now
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

Once again I am amused by the concern of the Brits with American politics. Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics. Oh well, on to the point.

I think a good argument can be made that Trump is likely to disrupt the economy of the Mexican drug cartels. If he builds the wall, which has been approved by Congress, the drug traffic will be adversely effected. My fear is that he will be removed from the campaign with extreme prejudice.

This argument, i see it so many times forumcrawling and all it ever does is reveal the ignorance of the person using it.

RonD1120

Actually quite a few articles on Brexit to be found right now. You may just want to expand a little beyond Blaze TV.

SkyDekker

***Once again I am amused by the concern of the Brits with American politics. Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics. Oh well, on to the point.

Actually quite a few articles on Brexit to be found right now. You may just want to expand a little beyond Blaze TV.

What's Brexit?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

SkyDekker

***Once again I am amused by the concern of the Brits with American politics. Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics. Oh well, on to the point.

You telling someone to expand where they get their info is laughable!!!

:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

That's the scary part.

Trump isn't tapping into the dissatisfaction with the political status quo. He tried that. So did Steve Forbes and Ross Perot.
When the discussion was "I'm a political outsider, not a professional politician", the poll numbers were pretty low.

It wasn't until Trump started spouting off about the Mexicans and Muslims that he saw any real result.

And it was huge.

The sheer numbers of racists and bigots and xenophobes who came crawling out of the woodwork and out from under rocks was revealing.

There are still a bunch out there saying "I support Trump because he is anti-establishment", but they have to either ignore a lot of hatred or they believe in it, whether they admit it or not (even to themselves to a certain degree).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

There are still a bunch out there saying "I support Trump because he is anti-establishment", but they have to either ignore a lot of hatred or they believe in it, whether they admit it or not (even to themselves to a certain degree).

This is just plain fucking funny
Just as much so as it is incorrect

The level of ignorance in that post is un-measurable
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

******Once again I am amused by the concern of the Brits with American politics. Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics. Oh well, on to the point.

What's Brexit?

Thank you for proving my point.

>Why don't we have articles in U.S. news about British politics.

Headlines from the CNN website this week:

"Why British monarch stays above politics"
"Boris Johnson: London's maverick mayor who could lead UK out of EU"
"Brexit debate: British PM says standoff between palace, tabloid 'very serious'"
"Iron Age Britain: Ancient remains may reveal secrets"
"'Not everyone's cup of tea' but Prince William supports regulated big game hunting"
"Prison officer dies days after being wounded in Belfast bombing"

Note that "I ignore news about British politics" is not the same as "we don't have articles about British politics."

>The ONLY thing Trump is a treat to is the political establishments power!

In the end this will be true (although not in the way you probably meant it) - Trump will end up being a treat to the democrats, who will be able to point to him for decades and say "the GOP gave you THAT! You going to vote for another one of theirs?"