Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton's favorable/unfavorable ratings over time: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating

Hover your cursor over Feb 1 2013, and note the ratings were about 56%/35%.
Now what is special about that date?
It is the last day she held any public office.
Just goes to show what concerted GOP fear-mongering can do to public opinion of a probable candidate for the next presidential election.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) is facing a tough election against Maggie Hassan. She's backed away from Trump ever since she thought he would be a good role model for America's youth. Nowadays she lists all the times she has disagreed with him, and tells people that she's nothing like Trump.

Then what shows up today in her mailbox? A flyer from the New Hampshire Republican Party:

"Donald Trump needs senators like Kelly Ayotte in the US Senate."

Nooooooooooooo!

This is interesting: https://theintercept.com/2016/11/05/republican-kelly-ayotte-lost-millions-of-dollars-by-defying-koch-brothers-on-climate-change/

And at the moment, the race is a dead heat: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/new-hampshire/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well here we are, on the eve of the day of reckoning. Tomorrow America will punish the Republican Party for daring to insult the nation by nominating Despicable Donald. The media has been reporting polling saying it is tightening, but I don't believe it for a moment. The weather forecast is great, turnout is already high, and Clinton is going to win by a large margin.

This is not a rejection of conservatism, it is a rejection of the madness of Trump. The Republican Party will survive and continue it's struggle to be relevant in the changing America. And it will eventually find it's way because even immigrants and non whites are not all naturally progressives.

I'm sleeping in my truck in Bowling Green MO tonight, and tomorrow night I will be in Guntown MS. And I'll be listening till it's decided and then some more. It's been a fascinating show America has put on this time around. I'd like to say in advance, thank you, and congratulations.

Even if I am completely wrong and the demagogue is elected POTUS, America is still the leader of the movement toward democracy in the world. Your system is far from perfect, but carry on you magnificent bastards.

And if you are a disappointed conservative tomorrow evening, my advice to you is to pay more attention and get out and vote in the primaries. This one was yours to lose and you blew it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

And Trump votes!
========
Trump Booed at His Own Polling Place
Daily Beast
November 8, 2016 10:35AM

Donald Trump was booed and heckled at his own polling location—a New York City school—on Tuesday as he arrived to cast his ballot for himself for the 45th president of the United States. Many were already in line at P.S. 59 around 11 a.m. when he pulled up. Several people posted social-media videos of the scene.
=========

It looks like he is wondering who his wife is voting for, though.

billvon

>Oh, for chrissake!

Obviously you didn't see the problems happening in those places. Did you see the videos? There were people VOTING!

And even worse, some of them weren't lilly-white!!!:o

Tomorrow the real madness start! Just wait and see

They're not even waiting for tomorrow! Trumps lawyers have already filed a lawsuit to discount votes from a Reno, Nevada polling station that stayed open late Saturday to allow people who were already in line to vote. It is a state law in Nevada that you have to be allowed to vote if you are in line when the poll closes. Why would Trump want to have these votes thrown out? Here's a clue:
"Nevada GOP Chairman Michael McDonald accused workers of keeping the polling place open "so a certain group could vote." He was presumably referring to Latino voters, who came out in droves in the state's early voting..."

There's a word that comes to mind that applies to people who seek to disenfranchise a group of voters based on their ethnicity. A word that has been repeatedly applied to Mr Trump and his campaign. A word that Mr Trump appears to be eager to confirm.

Don

Oops! I see this was already posted while I was typing. Oh well.

billvon

>Oh, for chrissake!

Obviously you didn't see the problems happening in those places. Did you see the videos? There were people VOTING!

You have to wonder how people feel about themselves when their best chance is if a lot of people don't get the opportunity to vote....
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Just woke up. Unreal, it is happening right now. He win florida, and close to 270

And if the Gary Johnson voters in FL had gone with Clinton, she would have won.

ryoder

***Just woke up. Unreal, it is happening right now. He win florida, and close to 270

And if the Gary Johnson voters in FL had gone with Clinton, she would have won.

True, but not all Johnson voters would have voted for Clinton.

If bullfrogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their rump when they jump.

rushmc

So much for your Landslide prediction

My inability to understand America is proven again. She is more than 2 full points behind in the popular vote. I'd call that a Trump landslide in US electoral terms.

The good news is that pot is winning and comedians have struck gold.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***So much for your Landslide prediction

My inability to understand America is proven again. She is more than 2 full points behind in the popular vote. I'd call that a Trump landslide in US electoral terms.

The good news is that pot is winning and comedians have struck gold.

Lawyers will lose out though
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Realize this however. In 3 years you will see the Republican candidate whoever he or she is treated the same as Trump was. As was nearly every candidate before him in the last 15 years
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Lawyers will lose out though

I know my predictive abilities are weak. But I'm predicting a lot of legal troubles for President Trump. Berlusconi style.