Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

Erroll

And for me that is Elon Musk.....

........And even though he wasn't born here....

Won't that present a small problem for your candidate?

Only if I expect him to win. :)

But it is also a commentary of what I think of Trump's anti-immigrant stand, that the person I would prefer lead this country is an immigrant.

headoverheels

Only if I expect him to win. :)

Even if you write him in, he still will not get any votes.

Well they won't count it since in California even an write candidate must register (and he wasn't born in this country so isn't eligible), but I'm still writing his name in. I get to vote for who ever I want.

AlanS

Well they won't count it since in California even an write candidate must register (and he wasn't born in this country so isn't eligible), but I'm still writing his name in. I get to vote for who ever I want.

Semantic nitpick: if your vote isn't counted, is it actually a vote? Maybe more accurate to say "I get to make it known who I want to vote for." :D I do agree with your thoughts on Musk though.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The self evident truth that all are created equal, and the equal protection clause, don't seem to extend to citizens born outside the USA when it comes to eligibility for the presidency.

It's an anachronistic requirement that disqualifies many who are far better than the current slate of candidates.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

GOP candidates charging Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee with defamation for running ads accusing them of supporting Trump: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-tv-ads-trump_us_580e34b2e4b000d0b157b24f
:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>In other words, if you want to manipulate someone you flatter them with surface
>comments. If you are rigorously honest you share what is real from your gut.

>Trump is real.

Real talk from Trump:

” [Clinton and Guiliani are] both terrific people, and I hope they both get the nomination." - 2007

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person. . . . Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she's a great trouper." - 2008

"I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president." - 2008

“Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her." - 2012

"You’ll be looking at the record of Hillary Clinton. And how did she do as secretary of state? Probably above and beyond everybody else and everything else." - 2013

"I just like her. I like her husband. Her husband made a speech on Monday and was very well received. He is -- he is a really good guy, and she's a really good person and woman." - 2012

Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) is facing a tough election against Maggie Hassan. She's backed away from Trump ever since she thought he would be a good role model for America's youth. Nowadays she lists all the times she has disagreed with him, and tells people that she's nothing like Trump.

Then what shows up today in her mailbox? A flyer from the New Hampshire Republican Party:

"Donald Trump needs senators like Kelly Ayotte in the US Senate."

Nooooooooooooo!

billvon

Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) is facing a tough election against Maggie Hassan. She's backed away from Trump ever since she thought he would be a good role model for America's youth. Nowadays she lists all the times she has disagreed with him, and tells people that she's nothing like Trump.

Then what shows up today in her mailbox? A flyer from the New Hampshire Republican Party:

"Donald Trump needs senators like Kelly Ayotte in the US Senate."

Nooooooooooooo!

So the NH GOP is torpedoing their own candidate; Priceless.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Latest Trump endorsement:

"I’ve been endorsed by virtually every police department and police group. And I’ve been endorsed largely, at least conceptually, by the military."

So he has a conceptual endorsement by the military. Surely that will soon be followed by a conceptual rise in the polls and a conceptual victory on Nov. 28th!

Well, he was at one of his resorts in Florida.

He was talking about how "All of my employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare, What they're going through with their health care is horrible because of Obamacare." and how his employees are facing huge premium increases this coming year, how he is going to repeal it and replace it with "something better."

Wait a minute, a large company and it's employees are getting their health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges?

No, "over 95%" get their health insurance through the company.

Go figure.

NPR Story

For those that hate NPR, you can find this with a simple search.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

From WaPo:

==========
By Jenna Johnson and Karen Tumulty
October 26 at 9:57 PM
WaPo

A growing number of prominent Republican women are worried that as members of their male-dominated party step up to defend Donald Trump against accusations of sexual assault, they are causing irreparable damage to the GOP’s deteriorating relationship with female voters.

Trump has faced questions throughout his campaign about his crass comments about women, but concern escalated this month following the release of a 2005 video in which Trump boasted that he had sexually assaulted women and subsequent allegations by 11 women that Trump had inappropriately touched or kissed them. A series of mostly male Republicans have come to Trump’s defense — dismissing the accusers as liars and, some worry, further alienating the female voters that the party desperately needs to survive. . . .

Christine Matthews, a Republican pollster, said in an interview that Democrats no longer have to push a “war on women” narrative because it’s playing out on its own thanks to Trump — and comments like those that Gingrich made on Tuesday.

“It’s just one more clueless middle-age-to-older white guy taking to task a woman,” Matthews said. “It’s so unhelpful on every level.”

Nicolle Wallace, former communications chief for George W. Bush who is now a political commentator, tweeted that Republicans are now “engaged in a hot war against women that will end badly” for the party.

“Men like Newt Gingrich are a big reason the GOP has lost women,” Packer wrote in another tweet. “Men like him don’t make women like me want to share a ‘tent’ w/them.”
==========

Hi Bill,

Men like Newt Gingrich are a big reason the GOP has lost women

As I watched the video of Megan Kelly & Newt going at it, this is what I was thinking.

Newt is just another bully in the Trump mode. It is time to join the present if the R party has any hopes of winning anything other than local races.

YMMV,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) No R has won a state-wide office in Oregon since the late 1980's when Vic Atiyeh was governor. Vic was a 'moderate' R.

quade

I find it difficult to wrap my mind around there currently being _any_ female Republican voters. I KNOW they exist. I see them in my social media feeds. I just find it incomprehensible.

I heard an interview with one today, on NPR. She said she was voting for Trump because "I like what he stands for". A Vermonter.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***I find it difficult to wrap my mind around there currently being _any_ female Republican voters. I KNOW they exist. I see them in my social media feeds. I just find it incomprehensible.

I heard an interview with one today, on NPR. She said she was voting for Trump because "I like what he stands for". A Vermonter.

Yeah, I think I heard the same interview. It still makes no sense.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

This should be interesting.

In 1981, the RNC was taken to court for trying to intimidate voters. They had identified minority-heavy areas in the NY gubernatorial election and had posted off-duty cops with RNC "National Ballot Security Task Force” arm bands next to those polling locations. It looked like they were going to lose the case, since this directly violated the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

To avoid having a judgment against them, they signed what is now called "the consent decree" and agreed to not engage in any further voter intimidation. They agreed they would:

"refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial or ethnic composition of such districts is a factor in the decision to conduct, or the actual conduct of, such activities there and where a purpose or significant effect of such activities is to deter qualified voters from voting; and the conduct of such activities disproportionately in or directed toward districts that have a substantial proportion of racial or ethnic populations shall be considered relevant evidence of the existence of such a factor and purpose;

refrain from having private personnel deputized as law enforcement personnel in connection with ballot security
activities."

Yesterday a motion was filed in federal court claiming that:
==================
Defendant Republican National Committee (“RNC”) has violated the Final Consent Decree.. by supporting and enabling the efforts of the Republican candidate for President, Donald J. Trump, as well as his campaign and advisors, to intimidate and discourage minority voters from voting in the 2016 Presidential Election. Trump has falsely and repeatedly told his supporters that the November 8 election will be “rigged” based upon fabricated claims of voter fraud in “certain areas” or “certain sections” of key states. Unsurprisingly, those “certain areas” are exclusively communities in which large minority voting populations reside. Notwithstanding that no evidence of such fraud actually exists, Trump has encouraged his supporters to do whatever it takes to stop it—“You’ve got to get everybody to go out and watch . . . and when I say ‘watch,’ you know what I’m talking about, right?”—and has been actively organizing “election observers” to monitor polling stations in “certain areas.” Trump has even encouraged his “watchers” to act like vigilante law enforcement officers.
====================

I can just see how the RNC will respond. "Hey, sure, he's our nominee, but we have nothing to do with him!"

The damage is already done this year.

People will vote for Trump and hopefully they'll lose. Then they'll scream about rigged elections for a few months until they get bored and go home. Or they'll do something terrible.

When Trump loses the best thing the Republican party could do would be to make a statement straight after the election saying 'We fully stand behind the outcome of this election and repudiate any notions of rigging or falsifying the votes of this election and request that all patriotic Americans do the same. It does not benefit us as a country to disseminate lies that damages faith in our political system.

While we are ashamed that we didn't better represent those people who believed in the Republican party, this election has highlighted the crisis that exists for us. The American people deserve better from yor chosen representatives and we promise to deliver on that."