Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

normiss

I think I snagged the link on Twitter.
Hate when they do that, never even know it's done!

I never figured out the logic of having a paywall, then dropping it if the reference came from google.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

Tax plans are very, very different
It's pretty scary to see what his plan could cost the country.

I haven't checked Donald's plan on his web site for a few months, but it did have one feature that I would support: eliminating the marriage penalty for two-earner families. i.e., the married joint tax brackets were exactly double the brackets for filing single.

Iago

***Tax plans are very, very different
It's pretty scary to see what his plan could cost the country.

Congress controls that, so I think we're safe.

So a candidate putting up a plan that would add significant tax burden to the middle class, but will lower the taxes for the wealthy is fine because congress controls that?

You don't think it speaks to the candidate itself?

HRC is in the pocket of foreign banks and doing 'pay for play' with the Clinton Foundation,

That's just a smear. Neither wikileaks nor anything else shows that.

That last part about jihadists and refugees has been trumpeted by some people in media for years. OMG they're bigots! They're racists! They're xenophobes! Two years ago Europe did exactly what HRC wants to do now, and look at the mess they've got. Do you want Canada to end up like that? I certainly don't want the US in that situation.

The US refugee situation will never be 'exactly' like the european situation. It will never be remotely close. Increasing the number of carefully vetted and approved refugees who are allowed in is nothing like having tens of thousands of people walking across a border.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong

You're so wrong.

and what a bad person I am.

Not bad, just clueless and gullible.

We shall revisit this in four years after Clinton wins,

You promise?:)

For a change, Rush Limbaugh is right on target:

“The Republican Party has sided with its donors and its lobbyists, and this is why we’re where we are. The Republican Party is in a predicament that it made itself. It made its own bed, and now they don’t want to lay in it. Now they want to run from the bed that they made.”

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

nolhtairt

***I am going to tell you, you are right on target.

Agreed. We have got to shore up the borders and vet the immigrants more carefully.

Yes, immigrants are definitely killing Americans at a tremendous rate. In fact, they've nearly caught up with toddlers as killers of Americans.

> Her administration will bring refugees and migrants in by the shipload from the middle east, and by the
> truckload from the South.

Good! We are a country of immigrants; immigration makes us stronger.

> They will not be vetted to the degree that is promised

Bullshit. They already are being vetted to a very high degree.

>will ultimately be placed in areas that are demographically beneficial to her and the party- mainly small
>to mid sized cities that tend to vote Republican.

They will tend to benefit the US economy and thus will benefit the incumbent, yes.

>When there is pushback from those communities, and there will be pushback, the cameras will be
>there and the Clinton News Network will be all over these bigoted xenophobe republicans in
>SomePlaceYouveNeverHeardOf Omaha, or Nebraska, or wherever.

Yep. And whenever an immigrant so much as shoplifts the conservative media will be there saying "SEE? SEE? They are all thieves, rapists and murderers!" So it will balance out.

Hooknswoop

es, immigrants are definitely killing Americans at a tremendous rate. In fact, they've nearly caught up with toddlers as killers of Americans.

So we shouldn't do anything? Isn't doing something worth saving at least one life?!?!

Derek V

You're late to the party.

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4819247#4819247

We have seen this before with the Mariel boatlift from Cuba.

We saw it again with the migrant refugees moving from Central and South America.

OK - and did the Cuban and South American refugees have the same impact in open border europe as they did in the USA?

If not, why not?

We will see this a third time under HRC as History repeats itself yet again and the outcome will be unknown.

The future is always unknown.

The jihadists will take advantage of the refugee crisis to infiltrate the West. It has happened in Europe, it has happened in England, and it will happen in the US and Canada.

The jihadists are already there. The jihadists can come there on tourist visas. The jihadists can come there on student visas. The jihadists can come there illegally. Coming there with official refugee status is about the most difficult and time consuming method there is for them to get there.

The jihadists are already there. The jihadists can come there on tourist visas. The jihadists can come there on student visas. The jihadists can come there illegally. Coming there with official refugee status is about the most difficult and time consuming method there is for them to get there.

Of late seems as if most of the jihadists were born in the US, or perhaps arrived here as very young children. Unfortunately it seems a big problem is jihadist memes, often efficiently transmitted via the internet. What to do about that? One response, unlikely to be popular, would be to censor the internet to keep such messages out. A better one might be to ask why some people become infected while others are resistant. I'd suggest that the Trump strategy of making people feel threatened and alienated from US culture because of their religion is likely to have the opposite effect to what is intended. It seems to me that people who feel accepted and welcome are less likely to succumb to the jihadist virus.

Don

GeorgiaDon

I'd suggest that the Trump strategy of making people feel threatened and alienated from US culture because of their religion is likely to have the opposite effect to what is intended. It seems to me that people who feel accepted and welcome are less likely to succumb to the jihadist virus.

Don

Agreed. The best way to prevent extremism? Don't treat people like extremists; treat them like everyone else, and expect them to behave within the bounds of society like everyone else. Don't give them persecution to use as a tool for radicalization.

The best way to turn a normal kid into a Jihadist? See attached.

(The people who did this are a perfect examples of "despicables.")

Iago

The Cuban refugees were a major contributor to the drug fueled crime wave circa 1980s. But we did get a really good TV show Miami Vice, along with pastel socks.

And don't forget all the great Jan Hammer music!:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

Agreed. The best way to prevent _____________? Don't treat people like ___________; treat them like everyone else, and expect them to behave within the bounds of society like everyone else.

we have a winner - this is a great general philosophy for everyone
:D

but then, debates and politics would be boring; people wouldn't feel oppressed or excessively superior; we wouldn't need welfare, penalties or subsidies; stereotypes and caricatures would be laughed at as the artificial constructs they are; pissy name calling would cease, etc etc etc

total chaos would ensue - speakers corner would shut down completely. how would the Dems and Reps campaign at all?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This is just a heads up from me to you, but passive-aggressive nonsense like this makes you look like a twit.

Coming up with bullshit redirects like that to avoid answering a question that cuts to the heart of your argumnent instead of just admitting that your logic is fucked makes you look like a pussy.

This is very handy!
https://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/13/donald-trump-down-ballot-problem-colorado/

I cross-referenced it with my online sample ballot, and was immediately able to rule out voting for Vicki Marble.;)

kallend

He sure did nail it. Agree with him or not, that man is smart and I love the way he writes.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com